We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Leviton VRCZ4-M0Z  (Read 14060 times)

Offline batman31

Leviton VRCZ4-M0Z
« on: March 18, 2012, 10:00:53 pm »
Does anyone know how to get the VRCZ4-M0Z to pair or become discoverable?? Then once it pairs anyone know how to program it??

In the instructions it talks about having a remote but I thought I didnt need it??

Thanks in advance!

Sal

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: Leviton VRCZ4-M0Z
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:19:09 pm »
You won't need the remote. Hit buttons 1+3 until blinking amber LEDs; then put Vera in inclusion mode. She should then see the device, just like any other. I prefer doing it through the GUI with full-power so you can see what's happening.

You can then create scenes; you'd set up triggers to refer to the buttons (a scene is activated / which scene, put 1 for the top button, and so on).

(There's also a Scenes tab as part of the zone controller, to assign scenes to buttons, but I personally never use that).
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:22:35 pm »
If you have trouble including the device, you might want to have Vera close to the device and try including at low power. I had issues with my scene controllers not being included and need to be a few feet from the device in low power mode.

- Garrett

Offline aschwalb

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 03:27:33 pm »
If you have trouble including the device, you might want to have Vera close to the device and try including at low power. I had issues with my scene controllers not being included and need to be a few feet from the device in low power mode.

- Garrett

Just seconding @garrettwp.. I almost always have trouble including these unless they are right next to Vera... So I do the battery thing...  Other than that hitting 1&3 wait for lights to to turn Amber and be patient for Vera and this controller to have a nice chat.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 08:33:13 am »
@batman31,

Just to collect some data points, it would be nice if you could report which inclusion method (full-power vs. low-power, Vera close to the device or not, Vera on battery power or not, Z-Wave button or GUI) you ended up using and how it went.

Offline Bill Fleming

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 02:45:17 pm »
I found the following with the VRCS4-MR

1) Per instructions reset with buttons 1+3 until red

2) Per instructions hold buttons 1+3 until amber and flashing - it is now in pairing mode

3) With Vera on battery and close by put Vera in pairing mode

4) Instructions said that they would pair but they DID NOT

5) While both units in pairing mode - activate button #1 a few times and the device will pair

6) Scenes are assigned from the UI and is easy to follow. I did find that if I only wanted to assign say scene to say the OFF mode of a button and leave the ON mode blank it was helpful to assign the same scene to both the ON and OFF modes

7) I have never gotten the dimmer function to work (i.e. Button #5)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 10:55:25 pm »
Are you using the controller with Leviton dimmers, or another brand? For the former, the dimmer button should work after setting up scenes; for the latter you can manually associate the buttons (1-4) with the dimmers.

Offline aschwalb

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 02:16:59 pm »
I found the following with the VRCS4-MR

1) Per instructions reset with buttons 1+3 until red

2) Per instructions hold buttons 1+3 until amber and flashing - it is now in pairing mode

3) With Vera on battery and close by put Vera in pairing mode

4) Instructions said that they would pair but they DID NOT

5) While both units in pairing mode - activate button #1 a few times and the device will pair

6) Scenes are assigned from the UI and is easy to follow. I did find that if I only wanted to assign say scene to say the OFF mode of a button and leave the ON mode blank it was helpful to assign the same scene to both the ON and OFF modes

Interesting.. I have never had them NOT pair and never have I activated button1 during the process...  I wonder what is different?  I have also assigned just an off scene and not had problems...  What was the behavior when you didn't have an on scene?  And the dimmer will only work with Leviton switches... (as @oTi mentioned)

Offline legend99

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 08:52:52 pm »
I am running ui5.

Never had a problem pairing them.

But I can not get them to work. I create the scene, assign it to the scene controller and it never works.

Any thoughts?

Offline aschwalb

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 10:44:34 am »
I am running ui5.

Never had a problem pairing them.

But I can not get them to work. I create the scene, assign it to the scene controller and it never works.

Any thoughts?

@legend99
So you have the controller device and it is happy on the zwave network?  (i.e. configured etc...)  In the scenes tab do you have a section of four 'on' pull downs and four 'off' pull downs?

Offline legend99

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 02:19:33 pm »
The controller is happy as peach :)

On the vera, it shows the four scenes that it turns on and 4 scenes it should turn off.

1) Party ON Scene
2) All Lights ON
3) Kids Scene
4) Kitchen Scene

1) Party off scene
2) All Lights off
3) Kids Scene Off
4) Kitchen Scene Off

Whenever I press a button nothing ever happens. I could not tell you how much time I have spent with tech support. Only to be told the new UI will fix the problems. New UI is here and it still does not work. I have no idea why it works for some people and others it just does not.

Cheers

Offline aschwalb

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 02:42:34 pm »
The controller is happy as peach :)

On the vera, it shows the four scenes that it turns on and 4 scenes it should turn off.

1) Party ON Scene
2) All Lights ON
3) Kids Scene
4) Kitchen Scene

1) Party off scene
2) All Lights off
3) Kids Scene Off
4) Kitchen Scene Off

Whenever I press a button nothing ever happens. I could not tell you how much time I have spent with tech support. Only to be told the new UI will fix the problems. New UI is here and it still does not work. I have no idea why it works for some people and others it just does not.

Cheers

@legend99

If you go to the scene 'Party ON Scene' in the advanced tab are the correct ' a scene is active' elements there?

Offline legend99

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 03:56:49 pm »
Yes it says a scene is active: when all devices in the scene are properly set

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 10:37:30 pm »
Do you know if the button presses are even detected by Vera, by inspecting the log?

Offline legend99

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 12:51:23 pm »
Logs are all empty. The only log I see is when I logged on to vera. Aside from that I am not seeing anything in the logs.

Am I doing something wrong, and not check the right logs?

Thanks