We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 1.5.346 public release firmware  (Read 40137 times)

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
Re: 1.5.346 public release firmware
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 05:50:20 am »
1) Other threads (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9603.msg67202.html#msg67202) showed the lock status icons updated in 345.  I am running 346, and I have the old UI5 icons.  Which is correct?

The icons have been updated. To see the new icons you must clear your browser's cache.

Offline The-Source

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 04:13:30 pm »
@mhopkins

Go to Apps >> Develop Apps >> Test Luup code and run this code:
Code: [Select]
os.execute("/usr/bin/sync_time.sh")
When i do that i get
Code: [Select]
Received empty response
It takes a couple of minutes before the message shows up.
there are only 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who don't ;)

Offline lido55

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 04:22:43 am »
The 3-in-1 EZMotion device still does not report light and temperature levels on my Vera 2 (ever since 1.5.255). The levels are only correct just after the device has been reconfigured and don't change thereafter. I thought this problem had been fixed in this release. :'(

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2012, 04:28:02 am »
It has been fixed. Try and reconfigure the 3-in-1. Go into the 3-in-1 settings and click on re-configure. On the 3-in-1 unit itself, click on the blue button.

- Garrett

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 06:32:31 am »
@The-Source

This means that the script didn't return an answer fast enough, which tells me that the sync commands timed out. Do you have any firewall that's blocking port 37 which is used by rdate to sync the time?

Offline mikewooduk

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 10:00:10 am »
Since the latest upgrade, I have found screen refreshes slow on all devices, and most importantly, I can no longer access the vera 2 device from the internet.

I can access it from the IP address, but not when I try to connect via the internet it just keeps timing out.

Also a minor thing but important, after rebooting vera, I need to sync my everspring smoke detectors, I should not have to do this, can we get this fixed as well?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2012, 10:21:06 am »
@mikewooduk

What is your Vera serial number? Please submit a tech support request.

Offline mikewooduk

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2012, 10:39:37 am »
Hi,

I am not at home until later on this evening, but the vera box number is 15674

Many thanks,

Offline lido55

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2012, 01:32:29 pm »
@garrettwp
That's exactly what I did, several times. Still does not work for me. Light and temperature levels never change after reconfiguration. I have 6 of these and they all exhibit the same behaviour.

Offline periche

Firmaware 1.5.346 broke Schlage Door Lock Triggers
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2012, 11:12:35 pm »
I had scenes being triggered by entering a specific pin code into my Schlage door lock (model FE595VCAM619ACC). After upgrading to firmware 1.5.346 the scenes are not being triggered when the appropriate pin is entered at the door.

Any clues?

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2012, 05:06:33 am »
Automatic change pf time does not work
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,10031.0.html

We are "locked" to Winter time.

PS: the change was this night.

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2012, 05:08:45 am »
Other little bug: when you do "New scene" and finally cancel, the red save button remains.

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, 05:12:32 am »
Other bug relative to the edit of a trigger in a scene.
Suppose you have a trigger associated to a device which provide several events. When you create the trigger, you choose the first event. Later you edit the trigger and you decide to use another event. That's possible and the UI let you think that all is ok. But if you open again the trigger, you will se that your change was not taken into account and that the old event is still used.

This was noticed using Firefox. Not tested with IE.

Offline B3rt

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2012, 01:27:32 pm »
I have several bug/problems but 1 is "major"

- after last update VERA is acting as a DNS server in my network!!
It is configurated to act as gateway and WIFI is turned ON!
Now all my clients in my (dhcp) network are receiving the IP of the VERA unit as DNS server....
I had to turn WIFI completed OFF to get my networjk working normally again, this is in my opinion a major bug!
(i submitted a support issue already for this and other problems)

- a second bug is that USB is not working anymore, i have a TI watch which i can use to start scenes/triggers. After the update it reports IO port not open. When i go to: Apps --> develop Apps --> Serial Port configuration there is NO usb device listed only the mesage:  If you connected the USB/serial device and it's not displayed here, reload Luup.  No idea how to restart it but a new upload of the luup files and a cold reboot have NO effect. The USB device itselfs works when i plug it into a pc, this worked fiune until the last update.

- last found bug is that the time is incorrect, it still shows the "winter" time and i have no option what so ever to change it. Time zome is correct and set to "Amsterdam" (I live in The Netherlands), this results that all my automated scenes are not working correctly at the moment.

Is there a way to reverse this update so my system works normally again?

Offline awake33

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2012, 01:48:56 pm »
At the behest of Lolodomo, I'm copying my post from this thread: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9593.0.html
to the thre thread here. This is a Veralite with the latest non-beta firmware.

Same here. I'm feeling the urge to throw this thing out of a window.
When I add a device, not only do all devices lose their room association, my "Rooms" get all messed up too. For example, instead of a pre-battery use room list of:

•Master Bedroom
•Garage
•Theater
•Hallway
•Entryway
•Kitchen
•Dining
•BDT-210
•Computer Room

After powering down from batteries and powering back up on AC, the room list in the Vera UI becomes:

•Master Bedroom
•Master Bedroom
•Theater
•Hallway
•Hallway
•Kitchen
•BDT-210
•BDT-210
•Computer Room

But wait, the fun doesn't stop there 
Now my scene numbers are all offset by -3 or -4. So when using my Demopad app for the iPad, any programming that references a scene, i.e. "Scene 5", is now actually running scene 8 or 9. I have 35+ scenes just for controlling a Panasonic BD player, not to mention all my other scenes. So every time this happens, I have to modify a ridiculous amount of scene labels and Demopad programming.

This has happened EVERY time I've added a device, and both times I've upgraded the firmware (Last update was prompted by the UI on the 19th).
I have better things to do than spend hours repairing the damage this thing does.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:13:24 pm by awake33 »