We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: All Items Just Spin?  (Read 3309 times)

Offline AppleTech

• Sr. Newbie
All Items Just Spin?
« on: March 20, 2012, 12:28:57 am »
Installed and configured (tried both manually and via cp.mios.com config options). My devices show up but all have spnning icons instead of their normal icons... Any ideas?

Offline automator.app

Re: All Items Just Spin?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 12:38:26 am »
Hi,

There is a known issue with the icons not downloading (these are icons that are cached after they are downloaded, and until then you see the spinners) when using manually defined connections.  Are you saying that you are seeing the issue also when using a mios.com credentials (rather than using a manual system)?

Automator.app is dead.

Offline AppleTech

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 12:29:53 pm »
I experience it whether manually connecting or connecting via the mios credentials.  How long does one let it sit there to download the icons?  I've left the app open for about 10 minutes and it still spins (when I have an active internet connection).

I do have a DSC panel with a couple device entries (system, panel, 8 zones) as well as one manually configured device for my garage door (combo device that marries DSC zone 8 and an LFM relay to give the garage door "lock and unlock" options instead of just a scene).

I have power cycled my Vera unit as well (Vera 3, UI5 latest)

-Phil
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:31:46 pm by AppleTech »

Offline automator.app

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 01:51:34 pm »
I experience it whether manually connecting or connecting via the mios credentials.  How long does one let it sit there to download the icons?  I've left the app open for about 10 minutes and it still spins (when I have an active internet connection).

I do have a DSC panel with a couple device entries (system, panel, 8 zones) as well as one manually configured device for my garage door (combo device that marries DSC zone 8 and an LFM relay to give the garage door "lock and unlock" options instead of just a scene).

I have power cycled my Vera unit as well (Vera 3, UI5 latest)

-Phil

It should only take a matter of seconds  on wifi or up to a minute at most over 3g, so something is wrong here.  I would suggest the following steps:

1.  Perform a clean install by removing the app and re-installing (you will not be charged again).
2.  Configure using only mios.com credentials
3.  Check whether the icons download correctly.

If that does not resolve your issue please e-mail me at support AT automatorapp DOT com and I will gladly investigate more.  I am not aware of anyone else having this problem when using mios.com credentials.
Automator.app is dead.

Offline AppleTech

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 02:35:10 pm »
No change after performing instructions mentioned above.  I'll email you. Thanks for the quick response!

-Phil

Offline dchoe

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 06:49:09 pm »
i'm having the same issue after the recent update... i also installed on a new ipad and get the spinning wheel

Offline knewmania

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 10:31:11 am »
I am also having this problem.
Vera 2. UI 1.5.622 / Vera 3. UI 1.7.760

Offline automator.app

All Items Just Spin?
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 01:02:20 pm »
If you are using manual connections I suggest trying using mios.com credentials until a new update is available.

If you are still having a problem when using mios.com credentials please send me an email at support at automatorapp dot com

Thanks, and sorry for the problems.
Automator.app is dead.

Offline awake33

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 12:07:55 pm »
If you are using manual connections I suggest trying using mios.com credentials until a new update is available.

If you are still having a problem when using mios.com credentials please send me an email at support at automatorapp dot com

I'll be sending an email, since I have this issue as well.
In fact, I didn't even know there should be icons in place of the spinning wheels because it has always been like this, and always over a mios.com connection. The app was purchased a little over a month ago and I believe there has been two updates so far.

Offline automator.app

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 02:28:27 pm »

I'll be sending an email, since I have this issue as well.
In fact, I didn't even know there should be icons in place of the spinning wheels because it has always been like this, and always over a mios.com connection. The app was purchased a little over a month ago and I believe there has been two updates so far.

Please do.  I'm having a difficult time re-creating the problem and any additional observations would help.

Thanks!
Automator.app is dead.

Offline automaton

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 02:00:04 am »
Just like to chime in that I too, have the same spinning images when directly connecting to the vera.

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 02:29:36 am »
I had the same issue on my wife's iPhone. I could connect manually, just not through MIOS. I removed the app and conducted a clean install and it then worked fine. No problems encountered since.

Offline automator.app

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 01:32:52 pm »
Here's an update on the spinning icon issue.  There are two issues:

1.  For people using manual connections (e.g. not using mios.com credentials) there is an absolute bug that prevents the icons from spinning.  The only workaround would be to use mios credentials long enough to download all the icons, then switch back to manual connections (the cached images will then be used).

2.  For those using mios.com credentials but have "secure access" to vera option selected (e.g., if you go directly to the local vera IP address you are prompted for credentials) the images will not download.  The workarounds are to get all the images through the mios.com service by either 1) using 3g only connection (not wifi) for 3G capable iPads and iPhones, or 2) connect to your system from outside your network (so you are using the mios.com servers) until the images are downloaded.

An update will be submitted to Apple soon with the fixes, ETA on an official release is in their hands (last update took them a VERY long time to approve).
Automator.app is dead.