Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Amazon Alexa / Re: Can't control zxt-120 with alexa
« Last post by efdady on Today at 01:28:24 am »
thanks for your answer.
i can set the degrees, no prob.  what i would like to know if alexa can configure to turn the ac on\off? :)
or  is this option not available

Was yours correct?  Mine wasn't.  Wrote bank and haven't heard anything else

No it wasn't. They had me down for 1 and I was due 4 (2 paid and 2 from referrals).  It initially took about a week to hear back from them.  After my first reply they were able to find the 2nd purchased one.  I then forwarded them the email from way back in 2014 right after the indiegogo campaign closed that stated I was due 2 from purchases and 2 from referrals.  They updated my order to match my records.  They were very responsive the second time around with multiple emails back and forth on the same day.  They also confirmed they are suppose to ship in the next 60 days.

Thanks.  I wrote to them on the 9th, the same day I received the email.  Perhaps I should follow up with the email they sent me 3 years go with the number I was due.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I received an email today correcting the error.  I did not have to contact them further, they responded to my original email

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You can just do this with two scenes. Both scenes use a device trigger. The first (call it the "on" scene) should check your temperature sensor device for when it goes below a setpoint (you set what that number is). The controlled device for the scene is the ZW096, which it should turn on. The second scene (the "off" scene) triggers when the temperature sensor goes above a certain setpoint, and control the ZW096 to turn off.

Be aware, though, that no matter what you do, battery-operated sensors have to be monitored carefully... if you don't keep up on the batteries, they'll stop responding (and so Vera's view of the sensor value therefore stops changing), and no matter how you end up getting the job done, you can end up with a heater that's perpetually on (fire hazard), or perpetually off (maybe frozen pipes if that's how you're using it).

Hi rigpapa,

Never thought about it like that. Only thing is i would also like to add that it only happens between certain times too... I somewhat struggles to create a scene that had 2 triggers.

ie, between 8pm and 5am, if the temp falls below 19C, turn the heater on. At all ther times the heater should be off?

As for the batteries, the ZW100 sensor has a USB input for power, so it will always be 100%. Which i thought was pretty good as the ZW096 just happens to have a USB charging point... Made for each other.. :p\

Cheers,
JB
In short, QLD now requires photoelectric only smoke alarms. Ionisation will no longer be applicable.

They will also need to be interconnected either wired or wirelessly so that when one triggers, so do the others. Having an external alarm or anything else trigger is not acceptable.

Cheers,
Josh
General / Re: Tasker sale $0.99 on Google Play store
« Last post by Nameless on Today at 12:24:24 am »
Thanks for posting this. I just bought it. The sale is good for 3 more days.
General / Re: IFTTT
« Last post by Nameless on Today at 12:22:53 am »
Then we have the IFTTT Beta, great news! I really enjoy using IFTTT for Android, Amazon, Google Home and for Philips Hue. For Wink Relay does not work very well.

Just read this on Facebook. Good news, but way over due.
Video Camera Control / Erase Videos recorded...?
« Last post by Viruta57 on August 16, 2017, 11:44:05 pm »
I'd like to know if it's possible to erase videos recorded with Vera directly with WinSCP.... when you try with Vera... it crash most of the time...  ::)
Trapped In Venus Box Algorithm

1. Assume there is no prey in the Venus box.
    2. Have you heard a prey flying/moving outside of the Venus box, near to leaf trap of the Venus box?
        YES = Venus opens leaf trap, waiting for the prey to go in the Venus box.
        NO = Venus keeps waiting for the next prey
    3. Have you still heard the prey moving in the Venus box 10 seconds after the leaf trap was opened?
        YES = Venus snaps the leaf trap. The prey is snap-trapped in the Venus box until you are told otherwise.
        NO = The prey did not go in the Venus box or it went in and came out too fast, faster than 10 seconds lack of response that helps to prevent false alarms. Venus will ignore this prey and keep waiting for the next prey.
    4. Have you heard the prey flying/moving outside of the Venus box, near to leaf trap of the Venus box after it has been snap-trapped in the Venus box?
        YES = The Venus leaf trap was forced to open by the prey, the prey probably escaped.
        NO = The prey is still snap-trapped in the Venus box.

To implement Trapped In Venus Box Algorithm, we need to be able to detect movement inside and movement outside of a room. I already have 2 motion sensors inside kitchen room, I need another motion sensor outside of kitchen room.

Luckily, I no need to buy another motion sensor, I already have 2 motion sensors inside dinning room. I can use one of dinning room's motion sensors to detect movement outside of kitchen room. That dinning room's motion sensor will be used as dual purpose motion sensor: monitor movement inside dinning room and monitor movement outside kitchen room.

Here is Vera Smart Home implementation of Trapped In Venus Box Algorithm for my kitchen room. 

1. Modify lua start up add following:
TrapInVenusBox = 0
LastVenusOpen = os.time()
VenusLackOfResponseDelay = 10 -- 10 seconds is detection interval default setting of my dinning room's motion sensor. Detection interval or re-trigger interval or blind time of a motion sensor is the interval of being re-triggered after the PIR detector has been triggered. No report will be sent during this interval if a movement is presented. i.e PIR sensor will be "blind" (insensitive) to motion after last detection for the amount of time specified in this parameter setting. Set this interval to shorter time periods allow to detect motion more frequently, but the battery will be drained faster.

lua start up
SS_SID = "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1"
SP_SID = "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1"

HumanInKitchen = 0
LastTripInKitchen = os.time()

HumanInDinning = 0
LastTripInDinning = os.time()

PeakHourTimeout = 600 -- 10 minutes
NonPeakHourTimeout = 180 -- 3 minutes

TrapInVenusBox = 0
VenusLackOfResponseDelay = 10

KitchenLight = 186
KitchenNeoMotionSensor = 152
KitchenFibaroMotionSensor = 158

DinningLight = 82
DinningNeoMotionSensor = 140 -- this is dual purpose motion sensor that monitor movement inside dinning room and movement outside kitchen room
DinningFibaroMotionSensor = 69

function getStatus(devID)
    local devStatus = luup.variable_get(SP_SID, "Status", devID)
    return devStatus
end

function isOn(devID)
    if (devStatus == "1") then
        return true
    else
        return false
    end
end

function isOff(devID)
    if (devStatus == "0") then
        return true
    else
        return false
    end
end

function getTrip(devID)
    local devStatus = luup.variable_get(SS_SID, "Tripped", devID)
    return devStatus
end

function isTrip(devID)
    if (devStatus == "1") then
        return true
    else
        return false
    end   
end

function isNotTrip(devID)
    if (devStatus == "0") then
        return true
    else
        return false
    end   
end

function turnOnLight(devID)
    local lightStatus = luup.variable_get(SP_SID, "Status", devID)
    if (lightStatus == "0") then
        luup.call_action (SP_SID, "SetTarget", {["newTargetValue"] = 1}, devID)
    end
end

function turnOffLight(devID)
    local lightStatus = luup.variable_get(SP_SID, "Status", devID)
    if (lightStatus == "1") then
        luup.call_action (SP_SID, "SetTarget", {["newTargetValue"] = 0}, devID)
    end
end

function breakfasttime()
    local t = os.date('*t')
    if (6 <= t.hour and t.hour < 9) then
        return true
    else
        return false
    end
end

function morningtime()
    local t = os.date('*t')
    if (9 <= t.hour and t.hour < 11) then
        return true
    else
        return false
    end
end

function lunchtime()
    local t = os.date('*t')
    if (11 <= t.hour and t.hour < 13) then
        return true
    else
        return false
    end
end

function afternoontime()
    local t = os.date('*t')
    if (13 <= t.hour and t.hour < 17) then
        return true
    else
        return false
    end
end

function dinnertime()
    local t = os.date('*t')
    if (17 <= t.hour and t.hour < 19) then
        return true
    else
        return false
    end
end

function eveningtime()
    local t = os.date('*t')
    if (19 <= t.hour and t.hour < 23) then
        return true
    else
        return false
    end
end

function sleepingtime()
    local t = os.date('*t')
    if (23 <= t.hour or t.hour < 6) then
        return true
    else
        return false
    end
end

function cookingtime()
    local t = os.date('*t')
    if (16 <= t.hour and t.hour < 19) then
        return true
    else
        return false
    end
end

2. Create new scene name VenusOpen. This scene will be triggered by DinningNeoMotionSensor tripped event. In lua code of this scene, put following:
if TrapInVenusBox == 0 then
    --log("A prey is flying outside of the Venus box, open Venus leaf trap and wait for the prey to go inside")
    TrapInVenusBox = 0
else
    --log("Venus leaf trap was forced to open by the prey, the prey probably escaped")
    TrapInVenusBox = 0
end

3. Modify scene SomebodyInKitchen as below:
if os.difftime(os.time(), LastVenusOpen) > VenusLackOfResponseDelay then
    -- log("The prey is moving in the Venus box " .. VenusLackOfResponseDelay .. " seconds after Venus leaf trap was opened, close Venus leaf trap")
    TrapInVenusBox = 1
end

HumanInKitchen = 1
--log("Detected movement in kitchen room, turn on kitchen light")
turnOnLight(KitchenLight)

4. Mofify scene NobodyInKitchen as below:
function CheckHumanInKitchenStatus()
    if TrapInVenusBox == 1 then
        -- log("Venus leaf trap is closed, the prey is in Venus box, do not turn off light")
        return true
    end

if cookingtime() then
        if HumanInKitchen == 1 or os.difftime(os.time(), LastTripInKitchen) < PeakHourTimeout then
            -- log("Movement in kitchen room before delay " .. PeakHourTimeout .. " seconds, do not turn off light")
            return true
        end
    else
        if HumanInKitchen == 1 or os.difftime(os.time(), LastTripInKitchen) < NonPeakHourTimeout then
            -- log("Movement in kitchen room before delay " .. NonPeakHourTimeout .. " seconds, do not turn off light")
            return true
        end
    end

-- log("No movement in kitchen room after delay Peak/NonPeakHourTimeout, turn off light")
    turnOffLight(KitchenLight)
end

-- log("Detected no movement in kitchen room, check all sensors")
if isNotTrip(KitchenFibaroMotionSensor) and isNotTrip(KitchenNeoMotionSensor) then
    -- log("All sensors are not tripped. Turn off HumanInKitchen indicator and call delay Peak/NonPeakHourTimeout seconds to turn off kitchen light")
    HumanInKitchen = 0
    if cookingtime() then
        luup.call_delay ("CheckHumanInKitchenStatus", PeakHourTimeout)
    else
        luup.call_delay ("CheckHumanInKitchenStatus", NonPeakHourTimeout)
    end
end

If you want to see how the algorithm works, you can create 3 virtual switches for HumanInDinning, HumanInKitchen and TrapInVenusBox indicators to see how these indicators turn on and off on Vera dashboard in real time.
I would be really helpful if you could get it working.... I don't understand why Vera don't get involve with that project and don't try to get it working since it's the cheapest way to get RGBW bulb and led strip working with Vera.... If you compare with all the other products... it's about half the price.... May be somebody from Vera could answer to that....
Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ Plugin
« Last post by BOFH on August 16, 2017, 10:12:18 pm »
The ID for the gates is most likely not programmed into the plugin so it doesn't know that ID represents a gate. There's a section in one of the plugin files where you can add those ID's. (you can glean them from the Vera logs when the MyQ plugin starts) Unfortunately I can't help as my Craftsman version broke a number of months ago and I removed the plugin...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10