Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: OpenTherm Gateway plugin
« Last post by fabstar81 on Today at 03:28:56 am »
Hi,

I found an issue with the plugin were each variable change caused four variable watches to fire. As there are a lot of varaibles in the OTG plugin this may be why there is some instability.

Attached is version 1.12 . Can you test it with me and let me know if your stability problems?

Cheers Rene

surprisingly the last week the OTGW has been more stable than before. i didn't have to reload or restart the vera for days now. however, i just uploaded the new version of the I_*.*.lua file to see if it improves even more.

i'll let you know.

ik laat het weten.
I downloaded the Fortrezz flow meter plugin found on the Vera website in anticipation of using it in 3 weeks when I have that flow meter installed, and it apparently jammed up my Vera so it wouldn't do anything.  Customer service was very kind to remove the plugin (something I tried to do but couldn't), and now my VeraPlus seems to be working well again.  The Vera employee who helped me, also downloaded that plug in as well and it jammed up his Vera.  While I am appreciative of Vera's prompt help on this, they really should either remove that from their website or place a warning on it of some sort.  Hopefully, I can get the already ordered flow meter to function sufficiently without the plugin.

Wow, thats a bummer. I'm sure you'll get it to work ok but the plugin probley provided more data. Keep us updated.
Getting Started & Initial Setup / Re: Geofencing
« Last post by ember1205 on Today at 12:31:27 am »
This will have to be done individually from the two phones.
This means you have to have to mobile devices with two distinct Vera account. A geofence set as home on both apps, then Create a geofence trigger scene on each phone.
Hope this helps.

I get that you have the app and an account for each device but it looks like all users get the same scenes. I'm trying to get a different set of geofence triggered scenes for each user. For example, some users presence should trigger the garage door and others the front door. As I get more devices I'll eventually also need to have some events triggered whenever certain users leave and other events triggered when only the last user has left

Scenes are shared. Period.

Geofences (and what they trigger) are unique to the account on the mobile devices. I created a second account tonight and logged in to that account on my second phone. Previously, the geofence area that I created on my first phone was "sync'ed" to the second phone when it was using the same ID. After changing the ID, I no longer see the fenced area automatically.
Sonos Plugin / Re: Cant set/get volume through HTTP requests
« Last post by michelhamelin on Today at 12:20:23 am »
And how with lua script?
Getting Started & Initial Setup / Re: Geofencing
« Last post by dresnik on May 22, 2017, 11:33:20 pm »
This will have to be done individually from the two phones.
This means you have to have to mobile devices with two distinct Vera account. A geofence set as home on both apps, then Create a geofence trigger scene on each phone.
Hope this helps.

I get that you have the app and an account for each device but it looks like all users get the same scenes. I'm trying to get a different set of geofence triggered scenes for each user. For example, some users presence should trigger the garage door and others the front door. As I get more devices I'll eventually also need to have some events triggered whenever certain users leave and other events triggered when only the last user has left
Irrigation Control / Re: Water leak detection and water shutoff control
« Last post by leedavidr on May 22, 2017, 11:31:30 pm »
I downloaded the Fortrezz flow meter plugin found on the Vera website in anticipation of using it in 3 weeks when I have that flow meter installed, and it apparently jammed up my Vera so it wouldn't do anything.  Customer service was very kind to remove the plugin (something I tried to do but couldn't), and now my VeraPlus seems to be working well again.  The Vera employee who helped me, also downloaded that plug in as well and it jammed up his Vera.  While I am appreciative of Vera's prompt help on this, they really should either remove that from their website or place a warning on it of some sort.  Hopefully, I can get the already ordered flow meter to function sufficiently without the plugin.
Lock, Motion & Security Control / Re: Schlage longevity?
« Last post by integlikewhoa on May 22, 2017, 10:59:09 pm »
My problem with Kwikset is that they can be easily programmed by anybody with access to the inside component of the lock. As unlike Schlage and Yale, they don't require a programming code (password) to program in a PIN.

I would also like to point out this information is no longer true in the newer models.

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/content/BDHHI/914-programming-troubleshooting

As scene in this manual for the 914 lock. Section 1 Paragraph A it says the following.

Using a Mastercode is an optional, added-security measure. It is not enabled by default. A Mastercode is
used to add and delete user codes, but it cannot unlock the door (unless the same code is programmed
as a user code, though this is not recommended). The Mastercode must be 4-8 digits.

EDIT:
Even the 910 model, looking at the manual online shows the same features, but I have some old 910 models and I don't think I have this function (havent tried yet) so I would assume the newer models or firmware updated models have allowed this. I just might give kwikset a call tomorrow to find out when this was added and if it's possible on older models as well. 
Lock, Motion & Security Control / Re: Schlage longevity?
« Last post by integlikewhoa on May 22, 2017, 10:55:32 pm »
My problem with Kwikset is that they can be easily programmed by anybody with access to the inside component of the lock. As unlike Schlage and Yale, they don't require a programming code (password) to program in a PIN. So if you eg throw a party or have contractors in, one of them can easily and quickly set themselves a PIN to access your home at a later date.

I'm sure this has happened to Zero people, but if anyone changes or adds a pin code I get an instant notification as part of the kwikset set alarms. You can also remotely delete or change a pin if your not home when this happens. I would be more screwed in this case if I had a keyed door (which I do) and if someone in your scenario above got ahold of any keys or spare keys in the house while they were snooping around or playing macgyver.

One way I would catch them in the act, the keys I would have no proof and might not notice for some time after.
Lighting & Load Control / Re: Philio PAN04-1B status update too slow.....
« Last post by zedrally on May 22, 2017, 09:14:54 pm »
Instant Status of Philio/Black Cat devices is currently being integrated by Vera.

I have no date of when this could be but they have all the information they require to implement. Perhaps by the next FW update?
Keep fingers crossed.

In the mean time you could contact CS, they managed to get the Black Cat's working nearly instantly, but not quite.

In any event opening a ticket might hasten the integration.
Lighting & Load Control / Re: Philio PAN04-1B status update too slow.....
« Last post by jswim788 on May 22, 2017, 08:56:49 pm »
Philio has a manual here for the PAN04: http://zwavetaiwan.com.tw/control/filedownload.ashx?type=1&output=file&id=29

(No mention of a '1b').

You might try making sure that you have an association setup in group 1 for the controller and that parameter 3 is setup to monitor the relay of interest.  I've never used this device, so I have no direct experience, but maybe this would help.

BTW, Zipato has a better manual that may or may not be the same device: https://www.zipato.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/ph-pan04-Zipato-Micro-Module-Switch-Double-User-Manual-v1.4.pdf
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10