Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hey there,

As a solution I suggest to go to one of the scenes, which you don't want to be assigned to that button, and remove trigger/delete/pause scene.

Also if possible, please involve our customer care team as well, so they can investigate and report.
openLuup / new plugin request - Season switch
« Last post by DesT on Today at 07:57:20 am »
Hey guys...

Not very good for the moment to create a new plugin from scratch but I would like something, I think, pretty easy.

Would need a virtual switch with 4 positions.  Like the Day/Night switch for instead of 0 or 1 , I would need 0,1,2,3 (4 seasons)

Anyone interested of doing that? ;)
Thanks! works great.
General / Re: Fibaro button vera support...?
« Last post by Schwabe on Today at 06:08:32 am »
Hello.

I have problems with the new fibari door/window sensor 2 (FGDW-002) as above users allso did.
So could you (chrisfraser05) please tell everybody here what you did change in the device files. I just want this to work  :)

Amazon Alexa / Re: Alexa Goodnight Skill
« Last post by holdmade on Today at 05:42:11 am »
I use Eventghost on my always on server to do this. I use the free Eventghost Alexa Skill and set it so I say "Alexa, tell security its bedtime" and it runs macros on eventghost to check if any doors or windows are open. Not got any locks yet so cant lock the doors though.

Eventghost then says canned recordings of Alexa saying "The dining room window is open", "The garage door is open" etc.

Hope this helps

Simon
Lighting & Load Control / Re: Veraplus Experience w/ Zigbee Devices
« Last post by John M. on Today at 05:04:52 am »
@ccollinscj I totally agree with you, to the fact that things can, and will be improved. And this is mostly done based on customer feedback, like yours.

We do already have a logging system, and logs are uploaded to the server. I don't see why the agent might have asked you keep the remote channels open for all this time, as this is redundant as tech support channels, once enabled only stay active for 48 hours, then disable automatically. An email from you, with the time stamp when this happened should suffice, and if the agent didn't ask that, we will investigate and take the appropriate measures.

But if these issues, as much as we would love to be able to handle them on the spot, via the phone, are because of a backend/firmware problem, most of the time we cannot. Especially with situations where things are "working"  and all of a sudden they stop working. So best approach is to replicate and let the logs upload to be investigated.

Thank you for understanding.
Nest / Re: Error since Upgrading to Newest firmware
« Last post by John M. on Today at 04:12:39 am »
Hi there,

Nest should work fine if you have updated to latest 7.0.21 firmware.

A few more details here : http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/2824778-important-vera-7-0-21-software-update-and-works-with-nest-compatibility?utm_source=Social%20Media&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=Works_with_nest&utm_content=Works_with_nest_support

You could also contact our CC team as well, if this still don't work out.
General / Control virtual device buttons with Luup code
« Last post by Amit86 on Today at 03:30:34 am »
Hi,

I tried looking everywhere including wiki, forums, plugins and what not and cant seem to find what I am looking for, it might not even be possible.
I purchased Lifx bulbs which are not supported OOB with Vera.
There is an available code here on the forums that makes the bulb available using scenes with luup code - this part works well.

If I go into luup code test and use: lifx_ctrl("group:Salon", "off") - this turns off my lights in that group
If I add a new scene and embed this code, this also works well.

I'd like to add a more interactive way of accessing the light by adding a virtual device into Vera
I went ahead and added a new device:
Name: Lifx Salon Bulb
Device type: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DimmableRGBLight:1
Device_file: D_DimmableRGBLight1.xml
Device_json: D_DimmableRGBLight1.json
Impl_file: I_DimmableLight1.xml

This added a new bulb to my devices.
Is there any way to control what the ON/OFF buttons do ?
for example,
When pressing the OFF button activate lifx_ctrl("group:Salon", "off")
When pressing the ON button activate lifx_ctrl("group:Salon", "on")
When pressing the DIMMER scale use;  lifx_ctrl("group:Salon", "on", 0.5) lifx_ctrl("group:Salon", "on", 0.4) lifx_ctrl("group:Salon", "on", 0.3) lifx_ctrl("group:Salon", "on", 1) etc.

Is this achievable somehow?

Thanks,
Amit
General / Re: Shipping logs to Logz.io?
« Last post by signal15 on Today at 03:10:19 am »
Syslog forwarding needs to be a supported option in the GUI. 
Lock, Motion & Security Control / Re: Ecolink Door/Window Senso
« Last post by DeAmelia on Today at 02:17:20 am »
I've got the system set up to text/email me when an armed security sensor triggers.  I arm the sensors I want to be notified about in away/vacation mode.

I can't do that with a sensor that is normally in the triggered state.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10