Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Lighting & Load Control / Re: Zooz 3-Way 4-Way Switches
« Last post by fitz2380 on Today at 09:58:50 pm »
Have you been successful at paring these devices and if so which controller do you have?  I seen several posts with people not able to pair some of the Zooz devices.
General / Re: MIOS Acquisition
« Last post by Dansker on Today at 09:20:47 pm »
I also respect Vera for allowing a wide ranging discussion of other systems. And, yes, integration goes both ways.

Sad about the often less than pleasant tone. There is frustration among some Vera users, rebooting luup, device support, loss of device support, UI, wife complaining about problems. Having programmed for 40+ years, I decided not to invest in writing Vera plugins; learning a new language on a flaky platform is not efficient use of time.

Home Assistant is impressive, fast, and a large strong community. However, after working it pretty hard for a week, there are strengths to Vera not matched by HA: some plugins work better on Vera (Lutron RA2, Alexa, ???). Having three Vera systems using Envisalink, which is no longer available for Vera, caused me to investigate HA (as well as others like OpenHAB). One very good thing is the nice integration between Vera and HA; both deserve credit for that working well.

I'll be keeping my Veras around and hope for the best for all Vera users and its new owner.
Temperature Monitoring & HVAC Control / Re: Keen Smart Vent
« Last post by rafale77 on Today at 09:13:06 pm »
I just somehow managed to make the device report its battery level to the vera. It seems like the initial inclusion was buggy (after all not officially supported) and some fixes were accidentally made in the latest firmware version on the zigbee battery reporting endpoint.
For those who do not want to exclude and reinclude their devices, here is the luup code to make the battery report correctly

Code: [Select]
local devnum = **your keen device id**
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZigbeeDevice1", "SupportedOutClusters", "0019", devnum)
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZigbeeDevice1", "PowerSourceLevel", "100", devnum)
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZigbeeDevice1", "ReportAttrib", "0001:4c00=1;0006:0000=0;0008:0000=1;0402:0000=0", devnum)
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZigbeeDevice1", "VoltageRate", 25, devnum)
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1", "BatteryLevel", "", devnum)
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1", "BatteryDate", "", devnum)
General / Re: Vistacam 1200 Doorbell Cam
« Last post by raarmitage on Today at 09:09:40 pm »
Has there been any progress getting this product to market?  it appears that it was announced two years ago.
ecobee servers today seem to be going through some serious outages and reboots. Their website isn't working again either. Just FYI for those jumping to ask why the plugin is disconnecting.

https://downdetector.com/status/ecobee
Hello Andreas,

A trouble ticket has been created for investigation of this issue.

Please check your inbox and reply with the information that we've requested.

Thank you.
Hello,

We have created a trouble ticket for troubleshooting of this device.

Please check your inbox and reply with the information we've requested.

Thank you.

Alternate UI to UI7 / significance of device attribute "status"
« Last post by rafale77 on Today at 05:33:50 pm »
Couple of questions if anybody knows.

I noticed that ALTUI displays a device attribute called status. A quick search on the forum lead me to this thread:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=78151.0

To this I wanted to ask:
1. It seems like UI7 sometimes displays this attribute on the UI and sometimes not depending on the device. How does it determine whether or not to display it? Luckily ALTUI always shows it.
2. It seems like the default value for this attribute should be -1. I noticed that when the device is in error state (example, if the node failed to execute a command because it was busy) then the value becomes 2. This is one of the absurdities of the vera since it should be queuing that command and do a retry and wipeout that error instead of setting the device in error state. This error state apparently can't be changed even if the device later on is actuated and responded correctly. It requires a dreadful luup reload to be removed. Anyone knows what significance other values have for this attribute? Now for ALTUI, whenever I tried to change the value of this attribute, I get a luup reload as well. I don't believe it is a behavior built into ALTUI but I want to ask anyway if one could change it without causing a luup reload?

Edit: Related question/suggestion to amg0, could we get a list of devices in ALTUI for which this attribute is not -1 shown in a shortcut with a red color if it is not -1? The idea would be to mimick the vera UI failed device list.
Harmony Hub Control / Re: Suggestions
« Last post by Pabla on Today at 05:07:45 pm »
Hey Rene,
Was thinking about when you start or turn off an activity, that time between when all devices are being powered on or off, would it be possible to have some indication that the hub has received the command and is in process. For example when I click the 'Off' command and 'watch tv' is on, both buttons (off and watch tv) could be green to signify that the hub is turning off the activity but hasn't completed the command yet, then once everything is off just the 'off' button is green.  I don't know if that already exists because occasionally the remote icon changes colour, but not always or consistently. Let me know if you understood what I have written, a little hard to explain  :P
Harmony Hub Control / Re: Hub child Device status
« Last post by Buxton on Today at 04:57:14 pm »
hub reports the total number of steps and each step completion

That would be cool.  I'm thinking of a return lua table with a field for step number and the step completion as a field with a Boolean value.  That way, I could watch/test for activityStatus as 2, and then I could iterate through the return table, and if the total count of true values did not match the total number of steps, I'd know to reset the hub to a start state, and then retry the sequence.

It might seem like a lot of extra work to go through to just turn on your TV, but in my case, the important activity event sequence occurs when my alarm panel enters an alarm state. When in alarm, via the Harmony hub, I'm able to bring up my surveillance cameras on my TV via a sequence of steps saved in the Harmony activity, --- and of course this scenario could happen in the middle of the night when one is not thinking too clearly so the more robust the response, the better .....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10