Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: Missing ControlURL in user_data?
« Last post by tinman on Today at 07:10:32 pm »
OK, the device file for the parent does include the handleChildren flag. I have added implementation for actions needed by the child. I'll have to review them to see if something is incorrect.
« Last post by akbooer on Today at 06:50:25 pm »
Does the implementation file of the parent device somehow get used by its children without being specified in the child's device file?

Yes, if either the device or implementation file of the parent specifies the handleChildren flag, but it does also actually have to implement the particular action call.
General / Re: luup.is_night() condition does not match sunset trigger
« Last post by rafale77 on Today at 06:46:09 pm »
Humor me but the Veras don't keep time upon luup reload. There is no battery/quartz timer... Every time you reload luup it goes through a phase of thinking it is 1999 or 1969 and I don't know what time. It needs the internet and pings an NTP with your timezone before it knows time and if you have scene triggered by this condition, you will have triggers every time luup reloads which is... pretty frequent.

Apparently the forum can't keep time too well either as I keep getting a post rejection stating that I posted from my IP less than 45s ago which is clearly not true.
« Last post by tinman on Today at 06:12:58 pm »
The created device is a child device. There are device files and service files for other devices that are children of the parent device. Those files do not specify any implementation files. I don't have any of those devices so I don't really know if those files are correct. Does the implementation file of the parent device somehow get used by its children without being specified in the child's device file?
Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: New Plugin: SiteSensor
« Last post by rafale77 on Today at 06:04:44 pm »
Alright new question here. I have been playing with the returned expression and am trying to apply a global function to one of the returned variables within the expression field but it does not appear to work. I tried to add the function (rounding of the number) to the LuaXP file which I assume is being used for evaluation but it did not work either.

How would you allow the use of global variables and functions in the expression field?

Edit: nevermind. I looked at the luaxp code and found that the round function is natively there... my bad
« Last post by akbooer on Today at 05:36:34 pm »
Have you actually defined the service actions in an implementation file, I_xxx.xml?

Why do you care that the URLs are missing? ... you're planning on using actual UPnP?
Nest / Re: Nest device not found error
« Last post by stardobas on Today at 05:23:35 pm »
in my case Nest don't work.....pairing ok, code insered...but don't comunicate to nest.
I need to get this working before I install can lights in my ceiling so I need quick help on this one.   Thanks.

I wish to install a bank of six Zipato RBBW lights in ceiling cans.
There is an RGBW controller App for the light, but as of now, it only controls one light at a time.

So, I would need to manually change each light which wouldn't be good.

My solution is to use PLEG to assign a (Master Light) where all the (Slave lights) will respond to any changes.

I have in 'Device Properties' Color and Load Level, and I have on/off in Device Triggers.
For some reason, the lights themselves do not give properties, so I am using the controller's information (See first attachment)

I can get it to trigger whenever a condition is changed, but I can't get the other bulbs to change to the first bulb.
Please look at 2nd picture and tell me what I am doing wrong.
Thank you

Plugins & Plugin Development / Missing ControlURL in user_data?
« Last post by tinman on Today at 04:12:07 pm »
I'm trying to add a new device. I've created the device file (D_device.xml), the service file (S_device.xml) and a JSON file (D_device.json). The device file of course specifies the <staticJson> file and it also specifies two services. One is the device service S_device.xml and the other is the HaDevice service S_HaDevice.xml. I can create devices using these files but when attempting to activate a button specified in my device JSON file I get an error: ERROR: invalid service. If I look at the user data (http://<vera IP>:3480/data_request?id=user_data) I can see my created device in the list of devices but the list of ControlURLs within that device does not include my device service. It only includes the HaDevice service. Any idea why I'm seeing the error and missing the ControlURL?
Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: BroadLink Mark II plugin
« Last post by PrincessCleavage on Today at 03:47:15 pm »
@A-Lurker is the RM mini 3 supported/tested?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10