Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Homekit, Alexa, Google Home Bridge Review
« Last post by Pabla on Today at 06:30:50 pm »
Hello all! As you many of you may know that vera doesn't natively support HomeKit integration and the Alexa skill is pretty slow to respond (at least for me). After doing some research about HomeKit support, I came across this bridge called the "Automation Bridge" made by Skaro, which claims to add HomeKit, GH, and Alexa support. I know that through the use of HomeAssistant you can get the same support but the setup is just a bit too advanced for me, and for many others as well. So I went ahead and ordered the unit, a bit pricey at $200, but why not give it a shot. When the unit came in I followed the simple instructions and within 30 mins I was using HomeKit. It supports lights, scenes, garages, and many others. A key missing device is alarm systems control. The response times are very quick when compared to using the vera native app or even the native Alexa vera skill. This unit has been pretty stable and the support from Skaro (the manufacturer) has been really good. The HomeKit UI is also much better looking and it is more intuitive as well. I have yet to try the Alexa skill but I am assuming it will react much faster to commands when compared to the native vera Alexa skill. So for anyone looking for better Alexa and GH support, or HomeKit support in general I do highly recommend the Skaro Automation Bridge. Let me know if you guys would like to me to try out anything else with this unit!

https://www.skaro.com.au
Program Logic Plugins / Re: only fire once per day
« Last post by mikoz on Today at 05:25:12 pm »
Anyone?  I appreciate the help, even if it's a silly question.  thanks.
General / Re: if you are fed up with vera....
« Last post by peterxbmc on Today at 05:22:40 pm »
Does any of the solutions mentioned above work with LigthwareRF kit via  RFXCom?

I'm about ready to jump, just waiting to see what these new guys bring to the table with the MIOS Acquisition... sounds like they mean business... guess time will tell.

HomeSeer does have an RFXCom plugin.

Thanks! Looking on their site it does not seem like the plugin supports LightwaveRF... I'll keep looking

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/guide-control-lightwaverf-gen-1-in-home-assistant-using-rfxcom/35343
General / Re: No Vera email Alerts since 9/17/18
« Last post by vicw on Today at 04:55:54 pm »
This should be my last entry on this issue, thankfully. Yesterday, Microsoft suggested that I ask Vera Support to update their domain profile in the Microsoft Junk Email program. I forwarded that to them, and as of this afternoon, the problem appears to be solved. My Vera alert emails are now going to my Inbox. I can't say with any certainty that they updated the profile, which fixed it, but I hope so, and I thank them for that.

My apologies that I might have been the only person in the Vera universe who had this problem, but this thread could be of some help if it occurs again.
Plugin uninstall that actually removes the leftover files.

Very good point, I would extend it to general better memory management (increasing amount of storage memory, removing z-wave localisation files not compatible with specific version of the controller and so on)
AV Control / Re: IP to Serial Control (HTD Lync 6)
« Last post by Newzwaver on Today at 03:25:53 pm »
Hi

I haven't tried that but based on what \I think you want yes, actually you can send commands via scenes that I think would be easier if you don't need feedback. I cab send a scene command if you want to tr.
VeraMate (iOS) / Re: DO NOT BUY VERAMATE !!
« Last post by HSD99 on Today at 01:39:03 pm »
VeraMate is working fine under IOS 12 on my iPhone 7 and iPad Mini 4. What sort of problems are people having?
VeraMate (iOS) / Re: DO NOT BUY VERAMATE !!
« Last post by shapshere on Today at 01:12:32 pm »
Why remove it from the App store if the product works well with anything under IOS 12. Perhaps just a disclaimer would suffice?

Developer must have died or is now digging ditches.

NO SUPPORT AND NO PROGRAM UPDATES.  I'M WORKING WITH APPLE TO GET IT REMOVED FROM THE APP STORE.

This app WILL NOT WORK with iOS 12.  If you have it on your iphone, you might as well delete it now.

Too bad.  It was great when it was working AND being supported.
General / Re: 2.4GHz Wifi
« Last post by Ionut A on Today at 11:50:08 am »
Hello AlphaHustle,

We have contacted you via email for further investigation. Please check your inbox.

Thank you!
Lock, Motion & Security Control / Re: Homeseer HS-MS100+ Motion Sensor
« Last post by Ionut A on Today at 10:52:28 am »
I appreciate the responses but may be dumb it down a bit.  I can create a scene to look for motion - because I have a "motion" device trigger for that device - but it in step 2 - DEVICE ACTION - that stumping me.  There are now no devices (after making the changes that HSD99 suggested ) that I can use to turn on the light.  If there were some way to execute some luup code at this step I think that would work.  Anyway if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.   I'm sure there are all sorts of ways to do this - I'm probably missing the obvious ones....

Romany

Hello Romany,

First of all, I want to point that the Homseyer HS-MS100 + Motion sensor is not yet integrated with our controllers and, for this reason, it has been detected as a generic device at the inclusion processes.

If you want to set a delayed action in the scene to stop the device after a certain amount of time, this can be done directly from step 2 of the scene. If the device does not appear to be selected, then we have to take a look at the unit to figure out what's going on.

For further investigation, we have opened a troubleshooting ticket in our system, please check your email address.

Thank you!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10