Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Lock, Motion & Security Control / Re: Popp keypad
« Last post by drchip on Today at 03:10:02 pm »
Good news. Got it working. Sort of. Using association on the lock (group 2 in the keypad) and changed params 1 to 0 (default 3) and params 5 to 0 (default 1). Dont really know if params 5 did anything, but param 1 was default to 3 and made my lock open and then close immidiately after that. Downside is that the keypad has to be within very short distance of the lock for it to work and it seems like its only every other time that it works.

Setting params and association was a pain. Had to try multiple times for it to set.
General / Re: No, the grass is not greener on the other side.
« Last post by kwieto on Today at 03:06:43 pm »
I thought the whole idea of automation was just that: Automation, not a pretty UI
Why anyone wants a UI that looks pretty is beyond me, but each to their own and I respect that.

It's not about "pretty" but about ergonomic/user friendly.
It is not goot if starting a basic operations requires you to go through 200 pages manual, or something like that. I could understand if it was a spaceship, but come on, this is designed mainly to switch my lights or home appliances on or off.

I could not look at the interface after the setup for months, but I want to do that setup in minutes, not hours of searching where proper options are hidden. Especially if I'm not looking at the interface very often - because I may forget half of the things I aready learned between one and the other setup/maintenance.
Great. I forgot to commit a new version with local icons. I'll do next day since I'm travelling again.

If you are able to write a small manual, feel free to make a pull request or send it to me directly and I'll publish it.

Everything is already documented on the first post to this thread, or the link I provided.
If there is anything I can further do, please let me know.
Thank you for your effort here.
Hmm what Vera device (Plus, Secure, etc) and firmware are you using?
Your Variable page doesn't look like mine, maybe Vera changed or broke something with detection of this device.
Also can you past the full capability string from the Variable page?  It is cut off in the picture you posted.

Association group 255 only supports one device and suppose to be your controller.  Group 1 supports 5 (unless you are using 255 also then it only supports 4 in Group 1).

I upgrade to the new generation PLEG and everything works great again.
BTW, I had the same issue with battery on my new Secure and just sent the all unit for replacement after it stopped working...
I have the same issue - PLEG doesn't save any changes I make (tried changing a condition and tried changing a LUA code within an Activity).

I have moved from one VeraSecure to a new VeraSecure (using backup & restore), due to a VeraSecure battery problem.

Any idea how I can make PLEG save changes?
General / Re: Vera 6 years later..... Home Assistant!
« Last post by Mike Yeager on Today at 01:48:54 pm »
Support is an issue... I have learned that there is a way to do backups of the Aeotec stick. That, and support, may be the deciding factors. I'm getting ready to order the RPi desktop case (nice case with the ssd option). One dongle or two really isn't that big of a difference with a device that will be tucked away somewhere I suppose.

I've been looking into a few of the features concerning door locks and such, seems that Home Assistant might be right up there with Vera in most regards that matter at the moment. In the long run, it's probably ahead as Vera doesn't seem to be moving forward much. Too much reliance on third party add-ons. I've said it before, if it weren't for PLEG, I'd have moved on LONG ago...
« Last post by jswim788 on Today at 01:23:14 pm »
No, you can't take the HUSBZB-1 around.  There's no battery in it.  I have one as I like the Zigbee/Z-wave combo, but I have to admit that I am a little concerned about long term support.  The Z-wave SDK does get updates and it would be good if the stick vendor updates the firmware periodically.  I don't see anything obvious at Nortek or GoControl regarding updates for this stick, but maybe they will respond to email.  The UZB does appear to get updated by the zwave.me people, but you may need a Z-way license to get these updates - not sure about that point.  (I also have a UZB.)

Aoetec at least has a page for firmware updates, but there's no update since 2016.
« Last post by Mike Yeager on Today at 01:13:18 pm »
I get that, but can you take it out to devices to include them like you can the Aeotec? I'm starting to research this and user feedback is the best thing going...
Maybe this helps,
see enclosed the settings I use for the milight device in Vera (I' am using V6 bridge).

For the milight bridge I have set mode to STA
UDP port is 48899
set protocol to UDP (UDP,Server,8899,10.10.100.254)
fixed IP address (static,192.168.178.19,255.255.255.0,192.168.178.1)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10