Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: How To Setup Hardware Associations (a.k.a. Groups)
« Last post by kwieto on Today at 07:38:33 am »
You can download an online backup, AFAIR it is done on the daily basis by default (see "settings/backup" section)
I'm not sure if you can reset your device and then restore it from an online backup.
Should be possible but last time I did a reset was long time ago and I simply don't remember if controller see online backups after reset or not.

General / Re: Potential Doorbell Solution-- is this ok to solder down?
« Last post by additude on Today at 06:56:59 am »
Without a schematic, even a crude hand drawn one would be valuable, it is pretty much impossible to understand and know what effects your connections are going to have overall on the circuits.

There are many things to consider, loads, voltages, isolation.... and I think the way you have it hooked up will load the circuit and eventually cause a premature failure.

Depends on that reed switch and if the circuitry is ground sensing or maybe open ground sensing.....

To answer your question properly, one needs to see the schematic to make an educated reply.
MTHerr, did you ever get this resolved - and if so what was the problem/solution?  My Veraplus is also in a similar loop, trying to reconfigure EVERY device (+/- 50), never finishing, rebooting and starting over again - it's been doing this for over a week!

-MC
« Last post by MichaelCoffin on Today at 06:42:17 am »
Thanks for the suggestions, for now I'm putting Associations on the back burner.  My more immediate problem is the fact that my Vera seems to be looping forever repeatedly trying to reconfigure EVERY device (probably 50 or so!), never finishing, rebooting itself, and starting over.  As soon as I get some free time I need to call for Tech Support on this, once I get my Vera back to a "stable" state I'll do a backup and then start experimenting with Associations - but first I need Vera stable and with a good backup.  My current backup is over a month old, I've added +/- 45 devices and several scenes since then - I don't want to lose all those hours of work.

-MC
« Last post by kwieto on Today at 06:37:47 am »
Then you can try adding ZWave (at the bottom, in "unassigned devices) and maybe a scene controller.
I think there might be a conflict because you didn't choose main controller to be in the Group 1, and this is mandatory (as I wrote above, Group 1 usually is reserved for communication with controller only).

But I don't give you warranty that it will work, as I've never had a device supporting only one group.
« Last post by MichaelCoffin on Today at 06:26:07 am »
Just the other two devices.  I posted some screen captures further up in this thread.

-MC
General / Re: Vera App & Dual Controllers on iPhone
« Last post by additude on Today at 06:16:50 am »
Hi mate, did you find a solution to your problem?

Yes, it's settings>My Controllers>Choose Your Controller
« Last post by kwieto on Today at 06:03:43 am »
Should be "Yes".

When you configured the group 1, did you include the controller or just the two other devices?
Alternate UI to UI7 / zWave Routes not updated
« Last post by Michal on Today at 05:58:06 am »
Hi,
I have a small issue that zWave Routes graph is not being updated. It only shows 3 connected devices from long time ago, but since then I have already many devices added to the network. See the second picture. I noticed this for very long time. It might do something that I after moving a few devices around I had to reconfigure them again.

Running on
Vera Plus 1.7.3015
AltUI v2.01.2232
« Last post by MichaelCoffin on Today at 05:52:12 am »
See first post in thread, I tried setting this to "Yes" and also put it back to "default" - neither worked.  I wish Vera would clarify this ambiguous language (i.e. should it be "default" or "yes"?).

-MC
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10