Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Alternate UI to UI7 / Re: TTS Volume not working, unable to set.
« Last post by amg0 on Today at 06:35:24 pm »
I have the TTS working but there is one issue I am seeing.  I am not able to set the Volume level.  It will play my TTS(Via the ALTSonos plugin) but only at the current value the sonos devices is set at.  I have tried via LUUP code and the Action optin in Scene creator in ALTUI.

local ALTUI_DEVICE_NO = 850
local ALTUI_DEVICE_SID = "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:altui1"
local GROUP_ID_KITCHEN = "RINCON_######################"
local EVENT_VOLUME = "75"

EVENT_MESSAGE = "Garage Freezer door has been left open for more then five minutes, please close to prevent food from going bad."
return luup.call_action(ALTUI_DEVICE_SID, "SayTTS", {newMessage = EVENT_MESSAGE, newVolume = EVENT_VOLUME, newGroupDevices = GROUP_ID_KITCHEN}, ALTUI_DEVICE_NO)

I have my Sonos volume at 5 and when this runs, it should put volume to 75 but it does not. Any Ideas?

Volume

I am looking at it but the sonos cloud loadStreamUrl does not support a vol parameter so changing the volume would cost an extra call prior to playing the mp3 file ( hence delay ) plus may not restore the previous vol.
Lighting & Load Control / Re: Aeotec Multi-sensor 6
« Last post by kyle.dawson on Today at 06:15:32 pm »
I had lots of issues with Aeotec.  The Delay was really bad.  I was not able to fix this even with settings update.  I ended up going with new sensors.

http://a.co/d/3OxbzTU

For me, these work great(Got 4 of them).  They trigger my garage lights in less then 1 second, before I even enter the garage.  I tried for every to get Aeotec and others to work, but for me, delay of 2+ seconds is not accepable.  I first thougt it was Vera issue, but after lots of testing and this new one, it really is the sensor that cased my delays.

Lighting & Load Control / Aeotec Multi-sensor 6
« Last post by seeley243 on Today at 06:02:28 pm »
I am currently using the Vera Plus and have a Aeotec Multi-sensor 6 in my garage to trip my garage lights when motion is detected.  I am trying to change the multi-sensor so that it will detect motion more often.  Right now it seems to trigger motion and then wait 5 mins before it will send another trigger that motion was detected.  I read in other topics that this can be changed to a minimum of 10 seconds but I am not sure how to do it.  Please help.   
Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: Plugin: ALT Sonos
« Last post by kyle.dawson on Today at 04:47:38 pm »
Yes TTS works great.  You would call it thru the ALTUI actions. It would use the ALTSonos for TTS with with your Voice RSS Key. This is in options for ALTUI.
Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: Plugin: ALT Sonos
« Last post by Mai Pensato on Today at 04:17:06 pm »
Amazing amg0 that you also rebuild the Sonos plugin !!  Question: does TTS also work?
Alternate UI to UI7 / TTS Volume not working, unable to set.
« Last post by kyle.dawson on Today at 02:42:08 pm »
I have the TTS working but there is one issue I am seeing.  I am not able to set the Volume level.  It will play my TTS(Via the ALTSonos plugin) but only at the current value the sonos devices is set at.  I have tried via LUUP code and the Action optin in Scene creator in ALTUI.

local ALTUI_DEVICE_NO = 850
local ALTUI_DEVICE_SID = "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:altui1"
local GROUP_ID_KITCHEN = "RINCON_######################"
local EVENT_VOLUME = "75"

EVENT_MESSAGE = "Garage Freezer door has been left open for more then five minutes, please close to prevent food from going bad."
return luup.call_action(ALTUI_DEVICE_SID, "SayTTS", {newMessage = EVENT_MESSAGE, newVolume = EVENT_VOLUME, newGroupDevices = GROUP_ID_KITCHEN}, ALTUI_DEVICE_NO)

I have my Sonos volume at 5 and when this runs, it should put volume to 75 but it does not. Any Ideas?

Volume

General / Re: Vera Native Integration for Google Home
« Last post by brucehvn on Today at 01:23:00 pm »
I really liked the fact that vera was an all-in-one box.  I have always had a server running here and in the old days, I used MisterHouse with my X10 stuff.  That's probably why I was a little reluctant to go back to a system like HA where I would need to run it again on some box.  But with the advent of the Raspberry pi and other microcontrollers, it's so easy now to set it up as a dedicated box and stuff it away somewhere.  Plus it's even smaller than my vera lite, so it's much more palatable.
General / Re: Controller Up and Down notifications
« Last post by XA44Owq26HxCq88 on Today at 01:18:56 pm »
I noticed that the name of my veraPlus has been changed to the serial number. When attempting to change it back to it's original name, it responds with an error message - "Failed to update controller name. Please try again."

While reading the other current topic, Login, home.get.vera , I noticed a similarity. My response time is very very very slow when I try to login. I'm also getting kicked out and returned to the login page often (not always).

So my optimistic conclusion is that there's some sort of issue with Vera's computers and not my local unit. I hope so. When accessing the unit locally, I'm not getting any sort of error.

Can anyone confirm this? I can wait until the issue is resolved if that's the case.
General / Re: Vera Native Integration for Google Home
« Last post by Thinkfire on Today at 01:03:18 pm »
Don't hold your breath.  It's been years now since GH was taunted in an attempt to keep people from leaving.   

Vera has no advantages anymore if you need to install HA.

Just use a basic z-wave controller and let HA do your logic.  With Loveless UI, it's just as easy, and more robust.  I've also moved my stuff from Wink to HA.   Thanks to Vera for introducing me to HA.  I resisted it at first but it's worth it.  You can now leave Vera as they don't seem to want to get on board with Google.  *Shrug*
General / Re: Login, home.getvera.com & status.getvera.com
« Last post by rafale77 on Today at 11:48:53 am »
The event server is the only one I am letting connect to so that the vera can wipe out its alert backlog indeed. The brute force alternative is to run a delete script and reload luup which I found works too but requires a dreaded luup reload...

An alternative for a reliable bridge: HomeAssistant on openZwave... or openZwave directly if you wanted to create a bridge to it on openLuup :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10