Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Upgrading / Re: Beta 7.0.27b (1036/3917/3918/3919)
« Last post by kwieto on Today at 09:05:31 am »
I upgraded on of my Plus'es. Controller needed manual reboot after upgrading (it was stuck with BT/Z-wave/Zigbee lights off), except that everything is fine.
I have an impression that it is a little faster, (at least some scene triggered by remote controller seem to react faster than before) but it might be temporary.
I didn't notice any significant change in storage memory or RAM after upgrading
openLuup / Re: openHAB plugin for openLuup
« Last post by rafale77 on Today at 08:54:40 am »
I am now considering installing Z-way. I just realized I had purchased a HomeSeer stick a while ago which seems to be identical to the UZB except for the housing. Z-way seems to be very picky on what os it installs on though. I just tried it on ubuntu and have not gotten it to work yet.
Yes - I don't think openLuup should do anything different but AltUI may be could use the ip address of the remote Vera for its plugins but once again that's a bit of an assumption. If the plugin held the ip address of interest, AltUI would still need to call the variable. Regardless AltUI has 'special' code for (nearly) every plugin ever written.

Does AltUI know the ip address of each remote Vera? I imagine it does and therefore may be able use it. But really the plugin's responsibility long term to supply the ip address. Ideally all plugins should use the same 'name' for this variable, so AltUI can easily make use of it?

I think we are talking the same?
Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: BroadLink Mark II plugin
« Last post by a-lurker on Today at 08:15:07 am »
Mmmm - I really should make this easier one day :)

Just change the mac address and the ip address - nothing else - in the json code below - for each of the three devices for the variable 'BroadLinkDevices', then restart the Luup engine:

Code: [Select]
{
"3d:8e:43:43:ea:3d": {
"blInternalId": "????",
"blKey": "097628343fe99e23765c1513accf8b02",
"blDeviceType": 10039,
"blIp": "192.168.1.95",
"blDesc": "RM Mini 1"
},
"3d:8e:43:43:ea:3e": {
"blDesc": "RM Mini 2"
},
"3d:8e:43:43:ea:3f": {
"blDesc": "RM Mini 3"
}
}

Let us know what you have going with the plugin.
OK. You've actually chosen a slightly more difficult example for two reasons: (1) "main" is used in two places in the response, so it adds a little potential confusion; and (2) the one you want to use is contained in array of one element, which complicates the reference syntax a little.

Let's start with a simpler example and build on it. I'll use "temp", which is the current temperature. You navigate through the subkeys in the response using the key "response" as the root. So, "temp" is found underneath "main", so we refer to it as response.main.temp. As OpenWeatherMap.org returns it, the temperature is in degrees Kelvin, so we need to convert to Celsius by simply subtracting 273.15, so now response.main.temp - 273.15, or Fahrenheit with response.main.temp*9/5-459.97. You can add the "round" function to clean that up a bit: round(response.main.temp*9/5-459.97,1) rounds the value to one decimal place (second argument to round is number of decimals).

The humidity and pressure keys can also be found under the "main" subkey, so they are response.main.humidity and response.main.pressure.

Now, let's get back to your example--digging out the word "Clear". That is also under a subkey called "main", but it's a subkey of "weather", and you may notice that "weather" is an array. So we need to refer to main through weather as an array element. That can be either response.weather[1].main or last(response.weather).main. The former chooses the first element in the array, and the latter chooses the last, but since it's an array of one element, the effect is the same, so you can use either.

I've put this entire recipe up in the web site documentation at https://www.toggledbits.com/sitesensor, and the full expression syntax and function library for SiteSensor are documented with LuaXP here: https://www.toggledbits.com/luaxp

When looking at the forecast response, it returns an array for different times of day upcoming. You will need to sort out which one you want to use, but I believe they are returned in ascending time order, so the first would be the soonest. Give it a try and see how you do, and if it gives you trouble, post in the SiteSensor plugin support thread and we'll get it sorted.
Your plugin is great for all my AV devices but is proving problematic at detecting if I am home by pinging my iPhone. I have given my iPhone a fixed IP but the iphone's "deep sleep mode" turns off wifi giving a false "Not Home" indication.  Apparently it is possible to wake an iPhone from this deep sleep according to this thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/comments/3zhl2z/i_think_i_finally_figured_out_iphone_wifi/

Would it be difficult to modify your plugin to send this wakeup as part of its ping?
Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: BroadLink Mark II plugin
« Last post by PrincessCleavage on Today at 07:44:56 am »
@PrincessCleavage. Note this approach is only required if the discovery process doesn't work. If I get some time I might try and make this process a little easier. Please follow the instructions as outlined here:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,53871.msg375134.html#msg375134

Your final edit can be validated here:

https://jsonlint.com/

Try to validate your own version in your post above. And noting the values you have for blInternalId & blKey are not as I described. Just change the mac address and the ip address - nothing else - in the json code below:

Code: [Select]
{
"3d:8e:43:43:ea:3d": {
"blDesc": "RM Mini 1"
},
"3d:8e:43:43:ea:3e": {
"blDesc": "RM Mini 2"
}
}
Hi again a-lurker
I now have a third RM mini that I would like to add to Vera,
Would you please be able to help with the correct code to manually add three RM mini ?
I may be missing something, but is there a way to invert the sense of the 'tripped' alarm?

I'm using it to monitor by internet connectivity, and having previously used the Ping plugin, OK is '1' and not OK is '0'.

I think the point is when a device has the embedded flag set too ne all it?s children devices are following it in the same room.
NETmON plugin uses the embedded flag so on vera all children follow their father in the same room and apparently on openluup not hence my inference that embedded flag may not be implemented on openluup. ( have not tested )
I may be missing something, but is there a way to invert the sense of the 'tripped' alarm?

I'm using it to monitor by internet connectivity, and having previously used the Ping plugin, OK is '1' and not OK is '0'.

Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: MultiString Plugin
« Last post by Tarkus on Today at 06:59:44 am »
I would like to replace a device id with a unique name, e.g. device id 125 to Bedroom light. Is this possible with this app? I would also need it to work with a http request. Any instruction on how to set up would be appreciated.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10