Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General / Re: MiOS/eZLO - CES 2019
« Last post by intveltr on January 15, 2019, 05:17:51 pm »
Yeah, no local api, end of the journey for me as well.

Same here.  This is a rule I apply to all my IoT devices, and for the hub it is especially important.
General / Re: What did you do with Vera today?
« Last post by Catman on January 15, 2019, 05:07:20 pm »
If you have iPhones, amg0?s iphone locator is 100% reliable. Just something to consider.

How do you stop it killing your battery?

I've finally had a response to my Geofence ticket, which doesn't fill me with hope.  Almost immediately it failed to behave 'correctly' in that the iOS App didn't notify me of the geofence transition, but I'm willing to let that pass since the VeraPlus *did* do its thing.

C
General / Re: MIOS Acquisition
« Last post by Catman on January 15, 2019, 05:04:00 pm »
This is not giving anyone of us a warm and fuzzy feeling to say the least! Was transparency/upgradability not one of your requirements as part of the design? Many of us are still around because of the time investments already made. If we are to start from scratch, we would definitely go with something else and would have no reason to pick a new immature platform.

Yes. The 'yet to be confirmed' of the easy upgrade path is very worrying.  Especially if this is going to get anywhere near the 6 month time line originally mentioned. If anything, I would have expected that user story to be there right from day one.....

C
Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: Plugin: Emby Interface
« Last post by baxy_AU on January 15, 2019, 04:50:56 pm »
The theme song and video plugins purely just download the media to the correct location and name for emby server to pick up. It is up to the cilent devices to implement the display/playback of them
« Last post by akbooer on January 15, 2019, 04:34:54 pm »

But this whole rewriting thing - I really wish they're gone for incremental improvements of existing thing instead.

That was my first choice as well...but simply not viable....

[...]

We have already re-written the LUA engine in our new architecture and its working (only POC)....we still have a way to go....but hopefully not too long....we will release the dates and provide visibility to our users that we hope we can deliver.

If this means that the API is largely unchanged, then we're OK.  It's certainly possible to rewrite Luup to make it reliable and retain still the API - I did it with openLuup, and I can quite see why you would want to do that rather than chase poorly implemented engine bugs in ever-decreasing circles.
General / Re: What did you do with Vera today?
« Last post by rafale77 on January 15, 2019, 04:20:09 pm »
If you have iPhones, amg0?s iphone locator is 100% reliable. Just something to consider.
« Last post by rafale77 on January 15, 2019, 04:14:56 pm »
This is not giving anyone of us a warm and fuzzy feeling to say the least! Was transparency/upgradability not one of your requirements as part of the design? Many of us are still around because of the time investments already made. If we are to start from scratch, we would definitely go with something else and would have no reason to pick a new immature platform.
« Last post by melih on January 15, 2019, 04:02:46 pm »
--But this whole rewriting thing - I really wish they're gone for incremental improvements of existing thing instead.
----That was my first choice as well...but simply not viable....

--Are you expecting a relatively easy update for us to your new architecture/firmware in February?  Is this going to be a situation where we need to remove/readd devices or plugins?  Can we please move to something different than a landing page for firmware updates?
----We will provide a roadmap where you can see when the new architecture will be available. I am hoping it will be easy update (yet to be confirmed).

We have already re-written the LUA engine in our new architecture and its working (only POC)....we still have a way to go....but hopefully not too long....we will release the dates and provide visibility to our users that we hope we can deliver.
Reactor / Re: Random Timer
« Last post by rigpapa on January 15, 2019, 03:02:59 pm »
If a random option happened to be in the next reactor release that would be pretty awesome.

I just rolled it in. I'll be publishing the 2.2 Developer Preview release later today (also includes other features), so if you want to roll the dice a bit... (developer previews are working but haven't had the serious testing that I do before full releases).
Reactor / Re: Random Timer
« Last post by bRock on January 15, 2019, 02:58:31 pm »
I?ll give DeusExMachinaII a go again and see how it goes, but was trying to get away from the tedious.

I?ve basically deleted all other logic apps except for reactor as this can complete everything I need so was hoping to have the feature for simplicity reasons.

If a random option happened to be in the next reactor release that would be pretty awesome.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10