Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Scene Scripting / Re: wget problem - help needed
« Last post by akbooer on January 16, 2019, 01:09:59 pm »
Yes, common mistake.

try this instead:

Code: [Select]
local status
status, vsStat = luup.inet.wget("http://VeraIP/port_3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=24&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:VSwitch1&Variable=Status")

openLuup / Re: Verabridge command queuing idea
« Last post by akbooer on January 16, 2019, 01:08:29 pm »
The easiest way to test this at first would simply be to add a delay to any action request sent by the bridge.

In the following routine, make this adjustment...

Code: [Select]
local function generic_action (serviceId, name)

local url = table.concat (request, '&')
    luup.sleep (200)    -- ADD THIS LINE
    wget (url)
    return 4,0
  end

...can't believe I'm actually recommending you try this !!
Scene Scripting / wget problem - help needed
« Last post by ZW-Tom on January 16, 2019, 01:03:56 pm »
I need to get the status of a VSwitch on a VeraSecure from a VeraPlus. The device id=24. Using the following pasted into a browser, I get the results "1" or "0" as expected:

http://VeraIP/port_3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=24&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:VSwitch1&Variable=Status

However, the following does not work from Lua in a scene to set vsStat to "1" or "0":

vsStat = luup.inet.wget("http://VeraIP/port_3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=24&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:VSwitch1&Variable=Status")

Anyone know why?

Thanks,
Tom
General / Re: UI8 new interface, do you like it? please give us your feedback
« Last post by cityboy on January 16, 2019, 12:59:44 pm »
Interfaces are looking great.

I'd love the following features of a new interface:

- improve stability and speed. This is my no one gripe. Makes is unusable. Annoying when your heating doesn't come on as it crashed.
- load times for the app, when you're trying to do something quick, it never is quick. Aim for a 3 second rule!
- ability to hide devices (ones that are not implemented or real, I don't use both switches on my Fibaro module for example).
- ability to hide scenes, some scenes are for automation and are not ever manually triggered. So these appearing in my list is annoying. I'd only want to see these when editing them.
- ability to design control panels which I can use on IPad's, IPhones and are stored with Vera, so I don't have to configure each device and for every user. Simple interfaces for flatmate or partners are a lot better. 
- Logic engine - For example only turn heating on if windows are closed and outside temperature is below a certain temperature.
- Fix the alexa commands. When do I have to say "turn on close blinds" or "turn on off to bed".
- Notifications to Alex and maybe a touchscreen interface on the Amazon Shows those if possible would be great.
General / Re: Context and thread for executing actions
« Last post by GeekGoneOld on January 16, 2019, 12:54:25 pm »
As I mentioned, in the action code I make calls to luup.variable_set (two).  I have now changed that to make them conditional and happen far less often.  I'm going to watch for "back to back" executions of the action (which is what seems to trigger the Luup restart) and see whether this changes things (i.e. less likely to restart Luup now).

I have a few other reorganizations of code I can do (haven't yet) to do far less work in the action (e.g. executing much code in a call_delay callback) to see if I can minimize the work that is done without a break (i.e. back to back executions of the entire action).

My suspicion is that I am crashing because I'm doing back to back executions of the action without a break in between.  Although this is completely "legal", perhaps the system is unable to do enough periodic housecleaning (garbage collection maybe?) and it incorrectly concludes a failure (memory leak maybe?) and crashes Luup.  If I only do a tiny bit in the action (I can't prevent back to back calls to the action) and schedule the rest with call delay, perhaps it will get the break it needs to clean house.  This will be my next test if this one prove better but not perfect.

I'm totally guessing since I am unfamiliar with the Lua (or Luup) environment.  My guesses are that the problem is buried in the system, not in my code.  How arrogant of me!

Will advise on the current test (fewer luup.variable_set calls in callback) when it has a bit of runtime history...
« Last post by rafale77 on January 16, 2019, 12:31:56 pm »
Yes I do. I have a particular scene which sends a total of 6 zigbee and 20 zwave commands within the scene (scene obviously is on openLuup). When I run this scene, I have a high probability of causing a Luup reload and I get an error 137 in my vera log. This probability is increased to 100% if while the scene is still running I try to poll the vera using homewave mobile app and send another command (ie, unlock a deadbolt). For now I created a delay of 20s so that the scene sends 10 and 16 commands but the 16 commands still occasionally give me trouble.
General / Re: MiOS/eZLO - CES 2019
« Last post by jlind on January 16, 2019, 12:31:17 pm »
I ABSOLUTELY agree that the device should NOT be cloud dependent.  Cloud accessible for certain functions sure, but absolutely not dependent on it.  Geofencing is nice but I'd give that up to be in total control of who has access to unlock my front door and/or view my cameras.  If I get so much as a hint that my system, or any of the cloud based systems I'm utilizing, are compromised then I'm disconnected completely immediately.

Do not compromise your security for options, promises, or ease of setup.   

Getting Started & Initial Setup / Re: How To Change SSID on Vera Plus
« Last post by mkleef on January 16, 2019, 12:28:48 pm »
Thats ridiculous. The UI clearly provides the ability to edit, but the edits don't stick. Seems like an incomplete/broken scenario.

Suggestion:
1. Make it editable as it implies
2. If you don't want it to be editable and changed through LUUP code then make that clearer in the UI and grey out the box so there's no implication of edit in UI.
« Last post by akbooer on January 16, 2019, 12:22:57 pm »
Maybe one thing we could do is to insert a minimum delay between two commands of say 200-500ms so we don't have to deal with the feedback? Maybe it would only concern devices with a device id>10000 and a parent device number of 1? Maybe the command could be parsed so the delay does not apply to arm/disarm calls?

The idea of inserting delays in a 'real-time' system in order to get it to work is a bit of an anathema, however, I'd have to say that it wouldn't be the first time I'd done this (as a last resort.)

Implemented in VeraBridge, it would, by definition, only apply to remote devices, and I do like the idea of doing it only for native Zwave devices. Do you have a reliable test for the problem it's trying to solve?
« Last post by rafale77 on January 16, 2019, 11:58:32 am »
I know it is not easy and I have been thinking about it. Maybe one thing we could do is to insert a minimum delay between two commands of say 200-500ms so we don't have to deal with the feedback? Maybe it would only concern devices with a device id>10000 and a parent device number of 1? Maybe the command could be parsed so the delay does not apply to arm/disarm calls?

Yes essentially I am trying to create a command queue which vera isn't doing. See this post here as well http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,118898.0.html which is interesting as well. I am not sure whether it is now truly a zwave problem or whether it is the vera Luup API layer crashing from taking on too many requests at a time.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]