Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
openLuup / Re: How to mirror DarkSky temp to Vera?
« Last post by akbooer on June 19, 2018, 07:38:23 am »
Excellent, glad that's working for you now. Fine description of the full process.
Blinds & Window Covering Control / Re: Fibaro FGRM-222 with Blue Wave Motors
« Last post by therealdb on June 19, 2018, 06:57:25 am »
your curtain motor has 4 wires + earth, while mine has 3 wires + earth.

I successfully integrated other sun shades but they had classic limits, not electronics ones. This two shades are protecting my large glass window, that's suspended and not very easily accessible. So I had to choose a motor with electronic limits, since it's not easy to reach them (they are at 8 mts from ground).

Anyway, I think the electrician will be there tomorrow, so we'll see. I'll report back for others interested in the future.
Lighting & Load Control / Re: Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag
« Last post by therealdb on June 19, 2018, 06:50:18 am »
that's the standard response since we first reported it, about 12 months ago, just after they integrated the devices and claimed it was fully supported...
« Last post by cw-kid on June 19, 2018, 06:00:14 am »
That is really disappointing  :( even more so that it?s not even acknowledged as a known issue with this device (outside of this forum post)

It would be handy to know rough timelines - one month / six months ??

Vera support said to me recently:

"The delays you encountered for the Fibaro FGS-223 switch when the scenes are running were reported to our development team and they are working on a fix patch, but for the moment I dont have an ETA for when the fix would be released."

How long though? Your guess is as good as mine.
« Last post by fooey on June 19, 2018, 05:44:17 am »
That is really disappointing  :( even more so that it?s not even acknowledged as a known issue with this device (outside of this forum post)

It would be handy to know rough timelines - one month / six months ??
How do I assign a monitored device to a "Room"?  I guess in the advanced settings if I knew the room number...

UPDATE - works via advanced settings.

UPDATE 2- nope, after a reboot, the motion sensor was back in "No Room" AKA Room 0...

Realization - this is parent/child and they have to be in the same room - it is a Vera limitation.

wilme2,

Perhaps I misunderstand your query, but on openLuup/ALTUI, I moved all of the child devices into a separate room via the control panel of the child device.

If this is not what you are looking for, please ignore.

Chris
openLuup / Re: How to mirror DarkSky temp to Vera?
« Last post by powisquare on June 19, 2018, 05:35:55 am »
Brilliant. Thanks ak. Was relying on seeing the variable in the device/dashboard but of course it won't appear there.

So to recap create new dummy device in vera (Create Device in Apps/Develop Apps) using D_ComboDevice1.xml for Upnp Device Filename and name your device under description. In Altui/openLupp open the variables list for the device to be mirrored, push desired variable by selecting the ip of remote vera (or ctrl select for multiple veras), enter dummy device number (without 0-) and save correctly. Wait for variable to change to see the mirror appear on dummy device. The new variable will be found in the variables list. Genius.
They support IFTTT don't they? Can you not send a http command from Vera to Webhooks to control them via IFTTT etc.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=75816.0
Blinds & Window Covering Control / Re: Found this on Kickstarter
« Last post by cw-kid on June 19, 2018, 05:32:15 am »
If you are looking for a iBlinds equivalent, get the MySmartBlinds.  I have had these for a few years now.  Great product.

Same question for MySmartBlinds have you integrated them in to Vera somehow for control ?

Thanks
Harmony Hub Control / Re: Will this work for me?
« Last post by reneboer on June 19, 2018, 05:22:39 am »
I have a Samsung Smart TV model UN60JU650D and Vera Edge.  I use the TV as a large monitor for a Mac Mini via HDMI.

I want to remotely (out of state) turn on the monitor, and turn off for clients. I have the TV plug wired into a z-wave outlet, but the TV does not always turn on from a cold start. The Mac turns on fine.

I do not need any participation in scenes either direction, just manually turn on and turn off. The computer is controlled via Logmein.

1) Will this plugin with a Harmony Hub (without a remote) do this? If not, what is recommended?
You can, however don't these smart TVs have an IP interface too? There is a plugin called Samsung TV Remote that may work better for this.

2) If I am in the room, can I still use the existing Samsung remote as I always have?
Yes

I don't have or want anything Alexa.

Cheers Rene
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]