Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Apple HomeKit software authentication
« Last post by souly75 on Today at 12:37:38 am »
Maybe in another 24 months or so... I'm in Europe and we're still waiting for Amazon 😉 so I don't think it will come soon. Leave for another german product that has all these stuff included.
Lighting & Load Control / Re: Aeotec Smart Switch 6 AU - Purging associations
« Last post by zedrally on July 19, 2018, 11:12:55 pm »
Lodge a support ticket. That was the only way I could get them working.
Not sure what they do but
Auto Config was turned off.
Its really very disappointing that I can take these or any other unsupported device and get it included first time in HS.
Upgrading / Re: upgraded Firmware today (7/19) VeraPlus (Bricked?)
« Last post by jeubanks on July 19, 2018, 11:08:12 pm »
It is actually poking the reset button 6 times within six seconds. 3 times only resets the network settings...

I thought it was poking it with a big hammer until it's in small pieces?  ::)
« Last post by rafale77 on July 19, 2018, 10:31:07 pm »
It is actually poking the reset button 6 times within six seconds. 3 times only resets the network settings...
Thank you.  That's good to know.  So far, my sensors are 2GIG and Honeywell with 7 digit numerical TXIDs.  I will make sure to stick to those when I buy more in the future.

I am happy with the GC2 for security functions.  The site is not occupied full time and I only get to go there a week at a time so I think I'll leave the GC2 in place for now.  Because I only go there once in a while and have limited time to work on the house, I don't want to buy the VeraSecure unless I'm confident that it will do what I want it to do.

If the GC2 can pass the arming status, i.e. Armed Away, Armed Stay, Disarmed, to VeraSecure, it would make things very simple but it sounds like it doesn't.  So, I'm not sure what the advantage is to make GC2 secondary to the VeraSecure.  I must be missing something.  Currently, when the panel is set to Armed Away, power is removed from the garage door openers and on-demand water heater (Z-wave outlets) and the main water valve is closed.  (I had extensive water damage in the past.)  When the panel is Disarmed, the reverse happens.  I would like Vera to take that over but doesn't sound like it can.

As of now, I plan to try the VeraSecure and buy a couple of door/window and PIR sensors in case I can't pair the existing ones to two controllers.  But, that won't be happening for at least a couple of months.  I will certainly report back if it works out or not.

Thanks again!
I can add a little bit of information that may or may not be relevant to your decision making. On the Vera, all 345 Mhz devices must only contain NUMERIC identifiers. I ordered some generic 345 devices in the past that used Alpha-Numeric ID's and the input field in Vera would not accept the Alpha characters. So if your existing devices only contain numeric ID's, you should be able to pair/register them with Vera. If there are letters in the ID (A12345 or 123X56) it will not work.

I built out my Vera Secure as a full fledged alarm system and it works just fine, but had also considered your exact situation. I would love to know what you find out and if you are able to 'monitor' one sensor with multiple devices. Based on the previous replies and my understanding of the sensor and its configuration in Vera, I'm thinking it might just work.

It would be nice to be able to reduce the load on Vera by pushing most or all the Alarm system functions back to a dedicated alarm controller, while still keeping the sensors available to Vera, PLEG and some of my other routines.
Irrigation Control / Re: WaterCop valve with inverted status ON=closed OFF=open
« Last post by Jamr on July 19, 2018, 09:23:10 pm »
Hello,

If you're using a WaterCop valve with Vera and the On/Off status indicator in the UI is reversed, inverted or backwards, You might find the solution below. I'll also tell you how I changed the status icon to say Open/Closed as opposed to a light bulb that says On/Off. An important tip here is that if you want to do both, you must change the icon first. Otherwise, you'll be un-pairing and re-pairing your device.

To change the light bulb icon and change the On/Off to Open/Closed:

Click on your device and go to "Advanced".
Under "device_type" it will probably say, "urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1" - Change this to say "urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:Relay:1" (Thank you Don Diego)
Scroll down to "device_file". It will probably say "D_BinaryLight1.xml" - Change this to say "D_Relay1.xml"
Scroll down to "device_json". It will probably say "D_BinaryLight1.json" - Change this to say "D_Relay1.json"

To change/reverse the On/Off status:

Click on your device and go to "Advanced".
Click on the "Variables" tab towards the top.
Scroll down to "Status". (This number will probably be a 0 or a 1)
Click "Edit" to the right.
Reverse the numbers - if its 1 change to 0, if its a 0, change to 1 and click "save". (This will reverse the on/off status)
Click the "Back" button in the UI. (Not the the web browser)
Click on "Settings"
Under "Automatically Configure" use the drop down menu and select "No"  and click "Save". (This will prevent it from changing back)

Hope this helps someone!

Thank you for this.
I was able to get the icon and words to change but the status is still inverted.
After selecting NO in the Automatically Configure drop down, there is no "SAVE" button to click. Am I missing something here?
When I reboot the controller and check, it still says NO so I am sure it is saving my selection, unfortunately the device is still inverted to the status of the Watercop valve.
« Last post by Inzax on July 19, 2018, 07:26:19 pm »
You can try a reset by pressing the reset button 3 times in under 6 seconds.  This brings you back to factory.  Then install your backup.
General / Re: Apple HomeKit software authentication
« Last post by sk1.publicc on July 19, 2018, 07:18:19 pm »
Now that Apple has actually released HomeKit software authentication (as of iOS 11.3) I wanted to dust off this thread. Has anyone heard anything new about this?
Hopefully Vera have been able to do some work on it since the announcement 12mths ago.
openLuup / Re: openLuup: debugging plugins with ZeroBrane Studio
« Last post by spilote on July 19, 2018, 06:20:12 pm »
Hey Guys,

I really like where this is going.

I use ZBS for Vera and love it. The main reason I'm not really deep in OpenLuup is the reason why. Since I never managed to debug within ZBS and get my global and local variables values.

I have various scene that I used and still debug via ZBS, I open the file and simply execute with a breakpoint. The workaround here seems to load the Lua engine but I simply don't understand how we can debug a single "scene" lua file.

Do we have a workaround to use ZBS for Vera with OpenLuup?

Many thanks guys!

Seb.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10