Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I found out how to do this using the advanced editor and i know im doing it right because i can change the temp, mode (heat,cool) but the fan does not respond to this. Then i tried controlling the fan through the device UI and it does not work either. I can select Fan On and then wait a few minutes and it goes back to Fan Auto on its own.  Any where I should look?
Ignoring the warning about starting a new topic as I think this is relevant.  I can?t seem to get 114 & 115 to work on my setup.  The thread is kind off contrary as the RF Master says there was no 114 or 115 switch set up and someone else says all 5 work (on a 6 button switch?) and I can?t find any definitive guide for this.  Can someone (lolodomo) :-) help me out at all.

Loving the plugin though, top marks for that.
Security / Re: Vera vulnerable to Wi-Fi Krack exploit?
« Last post by Alex Waverley on Today at 11:04:24 pm »
I wouldn't stress out too much. How valuable is the information that is being sent to and from Vera via wifi? Valuable enough for someone to take the trouble of sitting within range of your wifi connection to monitor and intercept it? I hope not. VERA and products like it are toys and should never be used for anything beyond the trivial.

I don't send any information that is worth a plug nickel to anyone via wifi .  I have a few devices that can initiate scenes, but that's about it. S.P.E.C.T.R.E. or T.H.R.U.S.H. would be profoundly disappointed in the extortion opportunities provided by gaining control of my kitchen light. In other words,  the best security system is not being a valuable target in the first place.
General / Re: How To Identify If Device Is Flooding z-Wave Network
« Last post by rigpapa on Today at 10:39:11 pm »
I don't know about using the log to find a troublesome device, but I find larger networks work better with less polling. The default polling to too often, especially for z-wave plus devices, IMO.

@dzmiller I agree. Not to drag this thread off topic, but I had a rather perplexing conversation with Vera Support a few days ago regarding the polling settings on my network of over 100 nodes (I stretched the default out to 15 minutes), in which he said "These settings need [emphasis his] to be set by default in order for the Vera unit to work properly." I was not shy in telling him that I believed his assertion to be incorrect logically and empirically. To me, I felt he was groping for straws. But I am nonetheless now running with default polling settings in an effort to give his opinion it's due, and I think I'm quickly confirming what I believe (and you affirmed in your comment)--the box is completely overwhelmed and getting little polling done. In fact, with default polling settings, my log is filled with messages about the polling queue being full and entries being dropped, and devices in my network that should be polled are not being polled for hours, some apparently at all. It bugs me that there even is a queue with (an apparently small) fixed size for this purpose (if a network had 500 nodes and it had to keep that entire list sorted, it's neither much memory or processing power to do it). I am right now just feeling like Vera isn't up to a network this size, not because of hardware, but simply because of poor software architecture choices.
Upgrading / Update link for new FirmWare
« Last post by zedrally on Today at 09:50:11 pm »
I have a Vera G that I want to upgrade to 1.7.987 FW.
There is a link to the release notes, but there is no link to the FW.
Can anyone help?
General / Re: Android Grammar Bug
« Last post by tomtcom on Today at 09:48:47 pm »
Lol

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

General / Re: How To Identify If Device Is Flooding z-Wave Network
« Last post by dzmiller on Today at 09:21:33 pm »
I don't know about using the log to find a troublesome device, but I find larger networks work better with less polling. The default polling to too often, especially for z-wave plus devices, IMO.
I'm excited to hear  you got this working - can you provide steps to set this up? I've got everything running, so I imagine it should be fairly straightforward? Which variables should i populate with the papertrail address?

You have muti-tap / central scenes working on something?

I have the new Jasco dimmers that several guys on other HA systems say have muti-tap function..... how do I make that work in Vera?!?

Yes on GoControl WD500Z5. I don't believe the new Jasco dimmer supports multi-tap/central scenes. Just GoControl on Vera and the Homeseer dimmer on several other hubs.

Multiitap is great for controlling large groups of lights. One tap controls the local light. Two taps controls a group of lights. Everyone in the household can remember that setup.

On vera is can also control house mode while turning a light on or off without writing a scene  I have not tested this functionality.
Program Logic Plugins / Re: Getting Started with PLEG..
« Last post by RichardTSchaefer on Today at 08:55:49 pm »
If you have a license then your can create 4 PLEG devices per license.
Each PLEG can practically hold about 20-30 conditions and all the inputs needed to support those conditions.
Each condition is roughly equivalent to a Vera Scene.

So a single license supports the equivalent of 80-120 scenes.
So you have to work hard to need more than 1 or 2 licenses.
You can put only a few conditions in a PLEG device ... it might be simpler to view/edit ... then you may need more than 1 or 2 licenses.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10