Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Lock, Motion & Security Control / Re: Constant Alert Issue?
« Last post by Nameless on Today at 12:40:14 pm »
Figured this out. Turned out to be the security tab on the bottom of the sensors weren't fully depressed. The sensors thought they were being tampered with.
General / Re: Vera 6 years later..... Home Assistant!
« Last post by pentium on Today at 12:33:42 pm »
Thank you Eubanks.  I'm glad you brought up those things because I really do need to consider my wife's access.  I will definitely take those things to heart when I proceed.  Hopefully I can find a middle ground.  As I sit here right now, my vera edge went offline last night about two hours after leaving the house taking away all of the remote capabilities that I have come to depend upon.  Right now I have to decide how much more time I am willing to invest in vera or just make the break and cut my losses.  Again, I appreciate your input.
Pool Control / Re: NEW MultiWave Pool Controller
« Last post by blueman2 on Today at 12:28:30 pm »
When you say this, does it mean that one would have full control over the PE653's programming and control of a Pentair variable speed pump? Even when I had the PE653 fully paired with and accessible through my vera, I couldn't see any of the pump functions. It really was just a bad thermostat interface. 'Full access to all functions' would mean full control of the programmable pump, not just on and off. Please explain what you mean by 'full access to all functions'.

In my experience, the only way to control the pump was through the hand-held remote, and not through Vera. Are you saying that this firmware version 39 allows this?

In Firmware v39, I have control over everything that can be done with the hand held device.   I can control:
 - turning on each of the 5 relays,
 - turning on each of the 4 speeds of the VSP,
 - what the VSP speeds should be (via z-wave parameters)
 - the schedule (on and off times) for the 5 relays and the 4 VSP speeds,
 - configuration parameters such as freeze control, temperature correction, use of 1 speed pump, 2 speed pump, pool cleaner, etc 
 - see current temperature for air, water, solar
 - set temp settings for Pool and Spa

Most are done via regular z-wave device but some settings are done via z-wave parameter settings.  I use an Insteon ISY to control it and have found there is nothing I cannot do via z-wave. 

There is really only one issue right now I have.  The Relays and Pump Speeds are not correctly updated on my ISY.  If I change a speed using the ISY, I see the change on my ISY.  But if I change speed using the remote control, it does not update on my ISY.  THe data is being sent by the PE653, but for some reason my ISY is not using the data.  The ISY team is working on a fix for this but not sure.  So what I do it poll the device every 5 minutes during the day to keep my ISY controller in synch.  So far, this has worked perfectly for me. 

Why do they not want the firmware out in the public? This makes no sense. I've never heard of a company that didn't want the most up-to-date version of their software running on all of their devices. If this version of the software makes the unit live up to its potential, why not 'release it broadly' or have a program to get units already out in the field operating to their full potential?

It is this kind of craziness that results in people like myself being unable to recommend (or even use this damn device) and I have two of them!

Thank you for your contributions to this thread. The information so far has been greatly appreciated, even though very frustrating to hear.

I really cannot speak for Intermatic, but I think they wanted to sell this firmware to people who manage properties (rental, hotels, etc) and did not want it to be a free upgrade.  So they made it so that you cannot do the upgrade yourself.  Must be done via JTAG interface inside the device. 
+1 on many thanks 🙏🏼 to John for the original fix and this update for TTS.

Hi

You were right, something HAS changed and again I think this is on the Responsive Voice side.

I noticed this morning that my morning greeting was cut short.

It looks like the number of characters that can be processed in each section has been shortened.

I have decreased the "cutSize" on line 154 from 1000 to 200. Unfortunately, this has re-introduced the some pauses on long phrases we had when the code was first released, but at least its working again.

I've uploaded the code change again.

Thanks

John
You can check the group settings in the device in Vera. It is under the variable tab in the advanced settings. My group is 1 and in the field mode setting I set 1:;2:;3:;4:
« Last post by jeubanks on Today at 11:44:35 am »
Just to +1 here, I am also a HomeAssistant convert and a contributor to pyvera, which is the Python library underlying the Vera integration. Since I'm straddling the two systems, the reliability of that interface is important to me, and it works. I still eat my own dog food, which is to say, I use my own plugins on my production Vera, but all of my other automations are Hass-based. I also have an increasing number of my Z-wave devices on a Z-stick connected to the Hass system (if I replace a device or Vera chokes on it, I just pair it to the Z-stick on Hass). No issues with any devices so far. I have a homebrew dashboard (almost pure JavaScript) that runs transparently with both systems, so in addition to their native UIs, I have a seamless UI for the family. The Hass native UI is, however, very approachable and does not suffer as brutally from performance problems at scale as Vera's UI does, and is far more configurable. Automation-wise, I have not found anything I can't do on Hass that is done on Vera; the biggest startup challenge is that you have to stop thinking of the Vera way of doing things and find the Hass way. Overall, my HA is incredibly stable, and you know... happy wife, happy life.

I took your approach but with HomeSeer.  I still use Vera for my ZigBee devices as that is still an area where HS is lacking.  So I'm writing a plugin for HomeSeer that interfaces with Vera and connects to all of the devices mirrors them into HS.  This way you can use all of the HS event system with the devices in Vera.  Think of OpenLuup but with a big price tag! :) 

Hey Zed I have a new scene integration system working also.  Native response speeds for Security Devices (ie motion sensors).
General / Re: Vera 6 years later.....
« Last post by jeubanks on Today at 11:39:31 am »
What I am talking about is a condition in PLEG for example (A1 AND B1 AND B1;A1) is much more difficult to write in home assistant. I'm pretty sure that single condition would take at least 3 automations in home assistant. How would you write it?

Chiming in here as someone who has migrated to Homeseer.  (Pricey, very stable, very fast)

On HS to get this logic your event would be initiated by the trigger "IF DeviceA has a value that just changed" and would have additional conditions of "If DeviceA has a value equal to x" and  "If DeviceB has a value equal to y".  This would ensure that it only triggers when A happens after B, and when both A and B are in the right mode.

Or clauses in HS split triggering events. So if your pleg was
(A1 AND B1 AND B1;A1) OR (C1 AND D1 AND C1;D1)

Then the  homeseer event would look like

IF DeviceA has a value that just changed
And If DeviceA has a value equal to x
And if DeviceB has a value equal to y
OR IF DeviceC has a value that just changed
And If DeviceC has a value equal to q
And if DeviceD has a value equal to r
THEN (do stuff)

The HS event system has a few holes where complex schedules are concerned. Weekdays/weekends and day/night are easy but it can require an array of "..And time after 3pm And time before 5pm" on each event to deal with things in time bands.  Or get the easy trigger plug in to address with a gui, which I did so I could use a single defined schedule for a number of events and only have to do the edit in one place. Although there is a virtual device object that could probably handle it natively.

To work around the scheduling use the plugin EasyTrigger.  Makes dealing with dates, times, scheduling much easier!
« Last post by rigpapa on Today at 11:31:06 am »
Just to +1 here, I am also a HomeAssistant convert and a contributor to pyvera, which is the Python library underlying the Vera integration. Since I'm straddling the two systems, the reliability of that interface is important to me, and it works. I still eat my own dog food, which is to say, I use my own plugins on my production Vera, but all of my other automations are Hass-based. I also have an increasing number of my Z-wave devices on a Z-stick connected to the Hass system (if I replace a device or Vera chokes on it, I just pair it to the Z-stick on Hass). No issues with any devices so far. I have a homebrew dashboard (almost pure JavaScript) that runs transparently with both systems, so in addition to their native UIs, I have a seamless UI for the family. The Hass native UI is, however, very approachable and does not suffer as brutally from performance problems at scale as Vera's UI does, and is far more configurable. Automation-wise, I have not found anything I can't do on Hass that is done on Vera; the biggest startup challenge is that you have to stop thinking of the Vera way of doing things and find the Hass way. Overall, my HA is incredibly stable, and you know... happy wife, happy life.
Hi,

I want add Fibaro Roller shutter to my store but i dont understant why Ive 3 electric sheath cf attachements.
I dont know how i can connect my store and the module with this configuration.

1 sheath on top with 3 cables black, brown and blue
1 sheath on top with 3 cables blue, red and ground
1 sheath on bottom with 3 cables blue, red and ground

I think the on top sheaths are the blind sheaths alim and motor and the bottom sheath is the general alim

In the general configuration we have just 2 sheath:  the general alim and the store sheath with 4 cables black, brown, blue and ground

Somebody can help me ?
Thanks
I took a look at the code and the amount of work to port to the standard rgb commands it?s not impossible to be accomplished.
Unfortunately I had a couple of things that got me distant from this project and wife only allowed me to use rgb color near the pool (and I had not time to start this project), but I?m glad to help to write some code if needed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10