Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
VeraMate (iOS) / VeraMate on Apple Watch 4
« Last post by Ray-T on Today at 01:14:04 pm »
Just got a Gen 4 Apple Watch but can't get the Vera app working reliably on it (worked once but now just says "Connecting to your controller").

So despite the limited VeraMate support lately, and since I already had VeraMate Premium, I decided to purchase the VeraMate AppleWatch extension. After making the purchase I was able to set up the "Apple Watch Layout" in the VeraMate app on my iPhone. However, I'm still not seeing the VeraMate app in my iPhone's Watch app nor on the watch itself. I've tried restarting the apps and a hard reset on the iPhone, as well as cycling power on the watch.

Anyone have any ideas how to get this working?

Thanks

-Ray
General / Re: Vera: Data Corruption by design
« Last post by therealdb on Today at 11:43:04 am »
I do backups locally, but if you leave your very connected to internet, a daily backup is saved online as well.
It saved me a couple of times before implementing my local backup strategy (ie controller completely empty after a power loss).
General / Re: Corrupted LUA code recovery
« Last post by gerardosamara on Today at 10:41:06 am »
The same here with a Veralite at last UI7 version
After restoring a backup , same issue

I will open a trouble ticket as well
Amazon Alexa / Re: Device is not responding
« Last post by rjayyyy on Today at 10:04:59 am »
thanks for the response, been using Ethernet direct to my switch for the entire time I have had a Vera, wifi disabled.

I thought it might be internet speed related but from the looks of the posts even those with fast internet have had the problem. Also internet fine works fine for all other devices/HA integration I have. Alexa itself works fine for all other functionality :)
« Last post by jbonzey on Today at 09:56:56 am »
I have been running the Vera official skill for many months now and have no problems with ?device not found?. However I am using the Vera Plus Ethernet port since it?s co-located with my router.  If possible I?d try the same setup and see if your problem goes away to get rid of this variable. 
« Last post by rjayyyy on Today at 09:40:28 am »
old thread I know, anyone got an answer to this one?

I see this issue and up until now haven't really pushed forward with the Alexa integration for that reason but I have Alexa in enough places around the house that it would be useful to revisit.

thanks
Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: Plugin: DelayLight
« Last post by sebby on Today at 09:15:14 am »
Rigpappa,
is there a way to synchronize 3 lights on 3 circuits with this plugin?  I've been racking my brain trying to figure this one out, but haven't been able to.  Here is my scenario:
I have lights at the top deck, middle deck, and floor level and they are all on independent circuits.  what i want is for all 3 circuits to come on when any one of them turns on (pretty easy with DelayLight), but what i am having an issue with is turning them off when any one of them is turned off.  When one light comes on, the others turn on as planed, but since now they all have power, turning one off does not turn the others off. 

No biggie if this is not the tool for that, i can code it in Lua if necessary, but just wanted to check
General / Re: VeraAlerts and Pushover/Pushbullet
« Last post by rpp124 on Today at 08:38:20 am »
So i found the answer to my own question.  The license is $5 per platform, meaning iOS, Android, or desktop.  The license is a one-time fee.

If you're interested in nicer notifications than what Vera offers natively, I would suggest looking into VeraAlerts + Pushover.

A nice feature would be if Vera allowed us to customize the device and scene notification messages to our own liking, but this works for now.
General / Re: Node-Red & Vera (MIOS)
« Last post by rpp124 on Today at 08:35:11 am »
Thanks for the info, that does sound pretty easy.

Does it have integrations for the following?  This is what I use IFTTT for now...

• WeMo Insigh Plugs - I tried the Vera plugin with updated code from the forums, but still could not get this to work in Vera.  I can see the plugs but can only turn them on, not off, the status never changes, and I cannot change them from inside the iOS app.
  • TP-Link smart switches
  • Chinese Smart plugs that use the Smart Life or Tuya apps
Scene Scripting / Re: Please help linking functions together
« Last post by reneboer on Today at 05:10:16 am »
Hi,

You would add a line like this at the end of your example to have the scene continue if all three conditions are true.
Code: [Select]
return (checkTime() and checkHum() and checkAway())
If you need different condition state it could read.
Code: [Select]
if  (checkTime() and (checkHum() or checkAway())) then
  return false
else
  return true
end

Have fun.

Cheers Rene
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10