Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: MiOS/eZLO - CES 2019
« Last post by Catman on Today at 01:15:26 am »
We have clients who do not have Internet.
No internet = No Cloud

Doh! That makes some kind of sense, thanks!

C
General / Re: What did you do with Vera today?
« Last post by Catman on Today at 01:14:07 am »
Thanks a lot.  Now if only I can stop the Google timeout I may be making progress! :)

C
General / Re: Is weather.mios.com Broken
« Last post by vikes0115 on Today at 12:19:11 am »
Any update Sorin?

Bob

Shortly usually means weeks in Vera time.

Only if we're REALLY lucky.  Remember Google Home was going to release any day and IFTTT was going to progress out of beta shortly too.
openLuup / Re: Valid Z-Wave hardware
« Last post by tedp on January 16, 2019, 11:29:27 pm »
I took a quick look at OpenZwave, and it seems to be a set of software libraries. With what hardware would that stack interface?
Upgrading / Re: VeraLite Firmware 1.7.902 not enough space
« Last post by anup56 on January 16, 2019, 10:59:21 pm »
All,
There is a new procedure for legacy devices like Veralite and Vera3, if space runs out during updates. I had a similar issue but I ended up with blue flashing light , and had to access via ssh run a few commands and then it reboot was able to get in
long enough to run this
procedure which i found:
https://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2681189-not-enough-storage-to-update-controller-

Basically you are using a local backup, or a MCV cloud backup, and upgrading by restoring to factory settings, then restoring from the backup . this worked flawlessly for me after several hours of tickering with trying to get back into the GUI. I wish
i had  seen this linkl before i did the straight upgrade to keep the settings.
Program Logic Plugins / Re: Light on when door opens after dusk - not working?
« Last post by Don Phillips on January 16, 2019, 09:38:30 pm »
It is easier to read if you post a PDF of the status report.  Attached is an example.
General / Re: Is weather.mios.com Broken
« Last post by Don Phillips on January 16, 2019, 09:27:41 pm »
Any update Sorin?

Bob

Shortly usually means weeks in Vera time.
openLuup / Re: Valid Z-Wave hardware
« Last post by rafale77 on January 16, 2019, 09:24:33 pm »
I have previously suggested to integrate openZwave which has become quite reliable but require another layer.
Trying to not get too technical but:
1. First layer is the zwave communication stack which converts the serial communication from the zwave chip to a device id and command class layer. This is provided by the Zwave SDK. (firmware + serial API)
2. Second layer is to take all of these zwave device ids and command classes and make them objects which need to be in sync with the underlying zwave stack. What I call objects are the logical entities behind graphical devices you see on the vera. That's the host controller.
3. Third layer is the automation logic, multi protocol integration, object level API and GUI.

The vera has all three in a box. OpenLuup really is doing the third. The 1st and 2nd layer could be done by OpenZwave or homeassistant (which really is using openZwave) but they would need to sync up with openLuup. The Verabridge is connecting the 3rd layer openLuup to the second layer of the vera. (and the 3rd too for that matters for you to migrate the scenes for example)
I saw on OpenZwave github that there is a very old lua wrapper but it seems to be a lot of work...
General / Re: What did you do with Vera today?
« Last post by Don Phillips on January 16, 2019, 09:22:30 pm »

I have ours set to dynamic polling with a 300s refresh. Most times, it sets Home mode by the time my garage door is opened, but sometimes I get some garage motion and garage man door alarms until iPhone locator updates.

But I also have a PLEG device (Reactor could easily do it) that pings both phones when the garage door opens, and each minute for 5 minutes.  This to set the house mode to Away in a more timely fashion than waiting 300s.

In both cases, battery life is pretty good on both iPhone 6 models.

Thanks, again, Don.  I might try that again. Couple of questions if I can?
How does PLEG 'ping' your phone?
Battery life is 'pretty good' . Annoyingly I live by my phone.  Monday, for example, it was down to 35% by the time I went to bed. Most of that is email and the challenge of being underground for maybe an hour a day (which kills your battery)
Do your phones make it through the day, and do you actually 'use' them?

Many thanks!

C

In PLEG, I "force refresh" the iPhone Locator device immediately when the garage door is opened and each minute thereafter for 5 minutes.

My wife uses her phone more than I and she usually gets home in the evening with more than 25%. Heavy phone days nearly 5%. She is a nanny and does not plug in very often, and uses her iPad to entertain her "clients". 

But we both have cords at work and in our cars and plug in as often as we can to keep them charged.  Today, I was a at 40% when I returned home and used it a bit in a 4 hour meeting. When I got home after work, I plugged it in for about 1.5 hours before heading to the pub and I was at 100% when I left.   Just got home and I am at 78%. Did a little bit of Facebook and e-mail in those 3 hours but mostly played cards. Got a few Pushover notifications, e-mail notifications, etc. Checking my battery usage in Settings, Facebook amd e-mail makes us 45% of my battery usage with 56m of screen on time.  Attached is a summary.

I will say getting a replacement battery last year made a big differenct in battery life. Before that, we carried external batteries and cords going out to dinner. I thought it was Vera but it was actually bad batteries.
Reactor / Re: Variable value [Feature Request]
« Last post by Buxton on January 16, 2019, 09:21:12 pm »
Cool.  The mod will make the things much easier.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10