Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Irrigation Control / Re: WaterCop valve with inverted status ON=closed OFF=open
« Last post by Jamr on August 13, 2018, 07:58:10 pm »
That worked! Thank you for letting us know. You get an applaud for that!

Now if we could only get rid of that pesky "Sorry, the node reports it's busy. Please try again later..Sorry, the node reports it's busy. Please try again later." notification.
Getting Started & Initial Setup / Re: help with aeotec water sensor 6 zw122
« Last post by rafale77 on August 13, 2018, 07:36:54 pm »
Are you seeing the "waiting for device to wakeup" in the child device or in the main device (you can verify by the id of the parent, it is 1 or 2, it is your zwave network so it is the main device, if it is the child device, the parent id will be the id of the main device).

If it is the child device, you can safely delete it by clicking the garbage bin at the bottom right. The device won't wake up since it doesn't exists. The parameters/variables are already updated on the main device. If it is the main device, this would be strange. I would have to think about it.
Getting Started & Initial Setup / Re: help with aeotec water sensor 6 zw122
« Last post by needhelpwiththis on August 13, 2018, 07:12:12 pm »
Thanks very much for the suggestions, very helpful

I did follow them and in the main seems to work at the moment - the only issue I have is that in the vera ui it has the red "waiting for wakeup to configure device" - even when I manually wake the sensor and now left it overnight it does not update/clear. Any ideas?

on the positive side - I can now create a scene based on water being detected and it does what I want!

thanks
Michael
Program Logic Plugins / Re: PLEG-controlled switch turns off on its own
« Last post by timtownsend on August 13, 2018, 06:01:16 pm »
Just to wrap this up -- I replaced the plug that was controlling the fan, and the new one has not turned itself off. So a defective plug I guess.
Upgrading / Re: Problem after update to 1.7.4001
« Last post by HSD99 on August 13, 2018, 05:51:04 pm »
That's the thread I had in mind.  There is a terminology issue that we should mention. The thread discusses using the OS "reboot" command to restart Vera. This has various names: warm boot, restart, warm start. Power is not cycled to the Vera. The OS does a clean shutdown before the restart.

Power cycling is different. The OS probably doesn't do a clean shutdown (unless Vera has a power-fail interrupt), but the design of embedded Linux systems should prevent problems with a sudden power loss. When power is restored, the power-on reset hardware in Vera resets the hardware to a known state. This does not occur with an OS reboot.

This is why you may see a difference between an OS reboot and a power cycle. Hopefully, the OS reboot will do what you want. For example, the Z-Wave co-processor seems to be able to get itself wedged, with a power cycle the only thing that will fix it. In my experience, this is rare.
« Last post by jswim788 on August 13, 2018, 04:45:01 pm »
Irrigation Control / Re: WaterCop valve with inverted status ON=closed OFF=open
« Last post by wrk24wheel on August 13, 2018, 04:30:33 pm »
Here is the information from Vera support on how to fix this issue:

To reverse the ON/OFF status of the valve you have to go to Devices > click on the ?>? button for the valve > click on Advanced > New Service and fill out the input fields as follows:

New service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1
New variable: ReverseOnOff
New value: 1

> click on Add > then click on Reload Engine.

Once the engine reloads the status should be displayed correctly. However you might also have to activate the valve in order for the status to update.
Irrigation Control / Re: Watercop integration
« Last post by wrk24wheel on August 13, 2018, 04:29:41 pm »
I received the following information directly from Vera support and it now works great!

To reverse the ON/OFF status of the valve you have to go to Devices > click on the ?>? button for the valve > click on Advanced > New Service and fill out the input fields as follows:

New service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1
New variable: ReverseOnOff
New value: 1

> click on Add > then click on Reload Engine.

Once the engine reloads the status should be displayed correctly. However you might also have to activate the valve in order for the status to update.
« Last post by Sammy2 on August 13, 2018, 04:16:03 pm »
I'm sure that Customer Care will sort things out for you. It's quite easy, however, to create a scene that will reboot your Vera on a schedule. Search the forum---there are a number of examples. If you still have questions, let us know.

I was unsuccessful in the suggested search. Can you say how this is done? Currently I use a WiFi switch from afar to reboot the Vera when necessary.
Lighting & Load Control / Re: Sonoff iFan02 control with Vera Plus?
« Last post by Sammy2 on August 13, 2018, 04:08:43 pm »
I flashed my sonoffs with tasmota and use a virtual device to operate them.
Specifically, you?ll need to write a custom device type to handle fan. If you?re not comfortable with coding, maybe a virtual device with scenes will be the easiest route to follow.

You'll need to break that down a little bit more.. LOL

Why the need to flash the device?

With the virtual device, it'll do on and off but what about dimming and fan speed control?

Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10