Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Philips HUE / Re: Philips Hue 2 plugin loss of internet renders Vera useless
« Last post by rafale77 on February 21, 2018, 10:31:33 pm »
Sorin,

I contacted customer support and was asked to provide access to "investigate" what is going on with my unit...
Getting Started & Initial Setup / Re: ERROR: Z-Wave network failed to go into learn mode
« Last post by HSD99 on February 21, 2018, 10:30:55 pm »
I haven't seen this for years, but a power cycle fixed it on my unit.
Temperature Monitoring & HVAC Control / Re: Logging temperature over time.
« Last post by skogen75 on February 21, 2018, 09:58:12 pm »
Thanks...you are on top of it.  I do have AltUI installed on my VeraPlus, but haven't had time to play with it much. I am also running a pi with both OpenRemote controller and LogitechMediaServer running...

So, without inventing a new method or significantly modifying anything...I have two options maybe 3 to get Grafana-type graphs:

1.  Run OpenLuup, perhaps on the pi; would I need to run a separate instance of DataYours on OpenLuup or continue to run DataYours on Vera (currency logging to nas)?

2.  Log variables with AltUI which Grafana can directly access the AltUI databases, is that right?  Does AltUI run a Whisper-type round-robin data aggregation scheme? (I like that, previously on DataMine it would crash my VeraLite due to too many data points, if it didn't crash graph load times took forever).

3.  Forget Grafana and use the built-in D3.js graphing in AltUI, anyone have any examples of doing that?

Maybe this is a new thread...
General / Re: What does CMH stand for?
« Last post by HSD99 on February 21, 2018, 09:48:02 pm »
Causes Much Havoc
Getting Started & Initial Setup / Re: VeraEdge: How to Restore Backup
« Last post by HSD99 on February 21, 2018, 09:46:27 pm »
Here is what I typically do:
1) Just before I backup, I backup z-wave network (see screen shot below).
2) When z-wave backup is complete (may take about 15 minuted), I select create back up, which prompts me to save it to a local drive. I use a NAS to safeguard my Vera files. I have quite a few saved backups with the z-wave network.

Not sure why no one responded all these years. It is pretty obvious to me how to back up my Vera.

Interesting---I have a fairly large Z-Wave network and my back-ups take less than a minute on my VP.
« Last post by Don Phillips on February 21, 2018, 09:44:20 pm »
This forum uses the applaud instead of like.
Many people run 2 controllers. You typically set one as the primary. One of the advantages is sharing the logic load among 2 processors.
Temperature Monitoring & HVAC Control / Re: Ecobee 3 Plugin Question
« Last post by gniknalu on February 21, 2018, 09:33:00 pm »
Is that what you see in the vera mobile app? I see that when I connect using my laptop but on my phone there doesn't appear anyway to control it.

OMG! I never noticed! What a major deficiency! My Ecobee3 app on the phone is so superior I never ever noticed I couldn't control it from my phone.
Temperature Monitoring & HVAC Control / Re: Logging temperature over time.
« Last post by Mike Yeager on February 21, 2018, 09:30:50 pm »
I just bounce the data out to ThingSpeak. Not hard really. Grafana is much nicer but more work. I haven't delved into that as of yet.
« Last post by Don Phillips on February 21, 2018, 09:27:23 pm »
Here is what I typically do:
1) Just before I backup, I backup z-wave network (see screen shot below).
2) When z-wave backup is complete (may take about 15 minuted), I select create back up, which prompts me to save it to a local drive. I use a NAS to safeguard my Vera files. I have quite a few saved backups with the z-wave network.

Not sure why no one responded all these years. It is pretty obvious to me how to back up my Vera.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10