Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Lighting & Load Control / 4-Way Outdoor switch
« Last post by 5boysretreat on Today at 05:31:50 pm »
Anyone know of a 4-way outdoor switch and if it will work for a toggle on the circuit?

I have outdoor floodlights currently on a 4-way circuit (all switches are outside as there's a switch on each deck level of the house).  Given it is a vacation rental property, there's a possibility the lights may be left on all night.  I'd like to turn them off every morning at sunrise (just in case) but not permanently disable the circuit of course - just hit the switch like a person would if they're on.

Does anyone know of a 4-way switch?
Will such a switch actually work and detect if the circuit is live?  ie. if someone turns the lights on using one of the non-zwave switches, will the z-way switch detect the circuit is 'on'?

I don't know if this even makes sense :)  Hope so!
Yes, you can do this.
Not sure why you are using a nano dimmer possibly because it's 2 wire?
I have a similar setup using a ZWBCL2 operating 2 remote Z-Wave relays, there is a delay which is z-Wave induced but it works.
If you can set up an association it should be instanteous.
HIH

General / Re: Context and thread for executing actions
« Last post by rigpapa on Today at 05:25:43 pm »
This is an awesome improvement (the wrapper) on the luup engine which should really be integrated in the vera firmware. Maybe AK can use it in OpenLuup too?

openLuup does a good job of scheduling tasks. Without trying to speak for akbooer, I think he needs his scheduler to work the Vera way because that's what's compatible. Nothing he does prevents my approach from working on openLuup, and mine is just one way of getting things done.

I could publish it as a module or encapsulated-function to embed inline; it's only about 160 lines of loosely-spaced code (including trace/debug statements that could be removed).
Lock, Motion & Security Control / Re: Giving up on Concord 4(need help)
« Last post by SRACP on Today at 05:00:59 pm »
I have a Vera Secure. My Concord 4 Zones disappear weekly and when they come back they turn the related scenes to manual. They are also put back to No Room. Tech support has looked at it a little. Of course they want USB logs. Vera Secure only has one USB port. I?ve added a powered hub. USB stick works then Vera can?t find the Concord. The issue seems to be related to being installed on my old Vera 3 which had 2 ports.

How to recover 1. Reset to factory and hope it works?
2. Convert just the zones I need to dry contacts for Vera to monitor? How is the best way to do this?  I only need 4 to 5 zones. I could careless about the panel. I just want to use the wired reed switches in the house.

Any help would be appreciated
« Last post by rafale77 on Today at 04:59:47 pm »
This is an awesome improvement (the wrapper) on the luup engine which should really be integrated in the vera firmware. Maybe AK can use it in OpenLuup too?
« Last post by rigpapa on Today at 04:55:25 pm »
My next try might be to co-ordinate the processing in Vera.  If I use <run> to receive the info then call_delay to schedule the processing of same, I can ensure that I space out the processing.  This won't eliminate concurrent event calls but might minimise their effect.  Like jumping through hoops!!!

I do something like this in many of my plugins, so much so that it's become one of my design patterns. I have a "task queue", which is a table of objects containing a time to next run and a function to be called. The plugin has a single "call_delay" thread that only calls the "task scheduler". When called, it rips through the task queue and builds a list of ready tasks, then runs that ready list by calling the task-specific callback function for each. It then finds the next earliest waiting task, and schedules the next call_delay accordingly. When the tasks run, they can call to reschedule themselves for another future run on whatever schedule they need. When tasks "register", they can include not just the callback function to use, but an array of arguments of any valid Lua type, so I can pass in a lot more than just a single string to my time-delayed tasks (a limitation in call_delay). Tasks can also be cancelled or rescheduled externally (i.e. an action implementation can call for the periodic update task to run immediately). It's been a very helpful wrapper on Luup's call_delay.
General / Re: Create separate sensor for each rain sensor value
« Last post by TMC on Today at 04:50:54 pm »

I've already made the commitment to the community that I will never charge for Reactor (and not for Virtual Sensor, either). But donations in any amount are always appreciated!

With great pleasure I will make a donation.
« Last post by rafale77 on Today at 04:47:32 pm »
I just ran a stress test and I can confirm that it passes with flying colors with my setup.

Thank you for explaining. It seems then that the design issue in the Luup engine is not new and is deep. Actually the fact that I am not really seeing much delay anymore in my scene actions tells me that zwave is not the bottleneck. It is the vera itself which is the problem. It may not be able to receive and process too many http commands within a short time. It is lacking a command queue buffer on both the incoming and the outgoing commands.

@rafale77: glad yours is working.  @akbooer has helped many, many people along the way.  Don't forget to give him Karma.

Thank you for reminding me. He actually got quite a couple from me lately.  ;D
Harmony Hub Control / Re: Version Log
« Last post by reneboer on Today at 04:45:14 pm »
V3.0 a major overhaul and many enhancements and fixes.
- Allow activity names instead of activity ID to start activities. Add CurrentActivity variable to reflect.
- Allow device names instead of device ID to send commands to a device.
- Added change channel command.
- Added PowerOff command. (= StartActivity with activity ID -1)
- Added SetPolling command to close & re-open connection to Hub as required.
- Keep connection to Hub open using ws ping, rather then close after each command to keep receiving status data from Hub.
- Optimized winsocket code for just Hub use and minimized code.
- Store activities and devices config. Device commands with device instance. Only send getconfig if unknown or statedigest reports new config.
- Corrections for scenes advanced editor actions.
- Fixes for implemented actions.
- Changes to ALTUI_plugins.js for new lines added to config and fix for Command duration.

Note that is you use ALTUI an updated ALTUI_plugins.js is needed. Attached is a version you can with ALTUI v2.40.2501 until amg0 releases the changes.
General / Re: Create separate sensor for each rain sensor value
« Last post by rigpapa on Today at 04:36:47 pm »
@rigpapa
I've also recently discovered the Reactor plugin.
Now with Virtual Sensor I have solved my problem.
You are a genius.
I'll make a donation.
These plugins should be paid.
Thank you.

I've already made the commitment to the community that I will never charge for Reactor (and not for Virtual Sensor, either). But donations in any amount are always appreciated!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10