Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Harmony Hub Control / Re: Version Log
« Last post by reneboer on Today at 04:45:14 pm »
V3.0 a major overhaul and many enhancements and fixes.
- Allow activity names instead of activity ID to start activities. Add CurrentActivity variable to reflect.
- Allow device names instead of device ID to send commands to a device.
- Added change channel command.
- Added PowerOff command. (= StartActivity with activity ID -1)
- Added SetPolling command to close & re-open connection to Hub as required.
- Keep connection to Hub open using ws ping, rather then close after each command to keep receiving status data from Hub.
- Optimized winsocket code for just Hub use and minimized code.
- Store activities and devices config. Device commands with device instance. Only send getconfig if unknown or statedigest reports new config.
- Corrections for scenes advanced editor actions.
- Fixes for implemented actions.
- Changes to ALTUI_plugins.js for new lines added to config and fix for Command duration.

Note that is you use ALTUI an updated ALTUI_plugins.js is needed. Attached is a version you can with ALTUI v2.40.2501 until amg0 releases the changes.
General / Re: Create separate sensor for each rain sensor value
« Last post by rigpapa on Today at 04:36:47 pm »
@rigpapa
I've also recently discovered the Reactor plugin.
Now with Virtual Sensor I have solved my problem.
You are a genius.
I'll make a donation.
These plugins should be paid.
Thank you.

I've already made the commitment to the community that I will never charge for Reactor (and not for Virtual Sensor, either). But donations in any amount are always appreciated!
« Last post by TMC on Today at 04:34:16 pm »
@rigpapa
I've also recently discovered the Reactor plugin.
Now with Virtual Sensor I have solved my problem.
You are a genius.
I'll make a donation.
These plugins should be paid.
Thank you.
General / Re: Context and thread for executing actions
« Last post by GeekGoneOld on Today at 04:27:38 pm »
I'm not actually hitting the z-wave so that isn't an issue.  I'm actually only doing call_delay (to schedule a timout check) and (maybe) some variable_sets.  Pretty benign!

It is also hard to slow down or schedule the HTTP calls.  Essentially, external devices (RPi) are monitoring for presence on bluetooth and when they see it, they call the action of the associated Vera device and repeat that periodically (every 30s) while still present.  I have multiple RPis monitoring throughout the home so I may be present in more than one, though the presence also includes strength so it is easy to see which room I'm in.  Pretty hard to co-ordinate these independent devices.  I wouldn't have thought I had to!

My next try might be to co-ordinate the processing in Vera.  If I use <run> to receive the info then call_delay to schedule the processing of same, I can ensure that I space out the processing.  This won't eliminate concurrent event calls but might minimise their effect.  Like jumping through hoops!!!

@rafale77: glad yours is working.  @akbooer has helped many, many people along the way.  Don't forget to give him Karma.
Thx for the commit amg.   8)
Reactor / Re: Adding 'not contains'
« Last post by Buxton on Today at 04:19:51 pm »
Ha!.  Just installed the update and all is well.  Thx for the revision.
Lighting & Load Control / Re: Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag
« Last post by Thorden on Today at 04:13:15 pm »
If you haven't purchased them yet, why not just get Qubinos instead? They work great, and to be honest they give a better impression than Fibaro. I have loads of Fibaro, had them since the early days, but all new devices are Qubino now.
General / Re: Vera App ios Swedish letters
« Last post by markoe on Today at 03:34:25 pm »
Me too , same issue in Finland  :) I think iit started 2-3 weeks ago. So far only cosmetic problem for me.
« Last post by rigpapa on Today at 02:40:32 pm »
Watching this thread, it all seems too painful for a relatively trivial need. Steep learning curve.

So, in the "Virtual Sensor" plugin, I've added the ability to create a virtual temperature, humidity, light, security, or generic sensor that simply copies its value from any variable in any other Vera device (and keeps it updated in real time). I'm submitting the update to the Vera plugin marketplace today and it should be available to install from there tomorrow. It's available in the project's Github repository now, and the AltAppStore (v1.4).
I have a 2-gang wall switch in my house that I've covered with a blank plate, because on the inside I have connected the wires together, to be always-on (because I have Z-wave bulbs in those lights and need them to always receive power in order to control).

I'm wondering if I can wire an Aeotec Nano Dimmer in there, to control other devices throughout the house. 

IE: Wire it in the 2-gang spot, give it incoming power, don't have any power output wires connected. And then connect two rocker switches to S1 and S2. And within Vera, set scenes where "If S1 is pressed, it toggles this device" and similar for S2.

Do you think this would actually work?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10