Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
The link I gave needs to have the 'vera_ip' replaced with your Vera's IP (sorry, should have mentioned that) and works locally.
Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: Tp link wifi switch control
« Last post by jswim788 on May 20, 2018, 11:20:42 pm »
Another alternative is to set up a secondary automation system for things not supported on Vera.  I happen to use openHAB, but there are other choices such as Home Assistant.  openHAB does have a binding for TP Link (I have not personally used it).  I set up some simple bridge commands between openHAB and the Vera.  openHAB has a binding for the Xiaomi gateway that I will be using soon that isn't available on Vera.  A secondary automation system gives you some insight into the pros and cons of Vera and helps build out a more complete automation system.  But it's not trivial to do this.
OK, unfortunately my Vera is still not puling any consumption data from PVO. "Last Update" just stays blank too. :'(
Do you see anything in the log file related to this plugin?  http://vera_ip/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP - or you can use the Info Viewer plugin or you can use winscp or ssh.

I'd check now but I cant logon from work atm, looks like Vera has a remote access issue and you link doesnt work either.

EDIT: remote logon is working again but I cant find the "info viewer" plugin you mentioned.
OK, unfortunately my Vera is still not puling any consumption data from PVO. "Last Update" just stays blank too. :'(
Do you see anything in the log file related to this plugin?  http://vera_ip/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP - or you can use the Info Viewer plugin or you can use winscp or ssh.
Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: Virtual Rain Sensor
« Last post by bwillette on May 20, 2018, 10:15:45 pm »
As posted in various forums, the WU API frequently sends garbage data with wrong dates and some times wrong forecast. When this happens the VRainSensor is wrongly tripped and can lead your plants to dry up if you rely on it for your irrigation. :).

I modified the plugin in order to make it even more resilient. It will not update it's data if it get's garbage out of the API and instead will retry every minute until it gets good data. I tested it on Openluup but should have no problem working on UI7.

Thank you so much for contributing this back. I?ve been having problems related to this as well!
Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: Tp link wifi switch control
« Last post by jeubanks on May 20, 2018, 09:59:11 pm »
How do I find the remake? Link?

I have a beagle board xm Tha should run node red just fine, so I think I'll do it like you.. So silly that this functionality isn't in Vera yet!

Not in Vera yet?  Umm.....

To do the integration you will need to have a virtual switch for each plug.  Install the virtual switch from the app store.  Then create a virtual switch for how ever many plugs you want to setup.  Then create a Scene.  2 per plug.  1 for ON and one for OFF.  In each of those scenes you will have some Lua code that calls out to an OS or to a Luup function to perform the action that you want.  That will be the starting point.  Then on your beagle bone or pi you will need to have node-red running.  You will then have to create a flow for each plug with an entry point (probably http) a service you are expecting, the input/outputs translate to boolean and have the flow send that to the plug handler which will then send out a message to the plug translating to on or off.  Then have a response handler waiting for the status to then return back to your Lua code (if you want a response).

Or you can say never mind and go buy some z-wave plugs.

Plugins & Plugin Development / Re: Virtual Rain Sensor
« Last post by Ryanoc75 on May 20, 2018, 09:08:54 pm »
Hey Raf,

Thanks for making those changes.  To install, should I assume I just unzip open the Openluup folder and then drag and drop all 6 files in Develop Apps - luup files - upload files.  Is the D_VrainSensor.json file in that folder the same as the one 2 posts before?

Thanks   
General / Re: Securing the Vera by taking it off the grid
« Last post by Mike Yeager on May 20, 2018, 09:04:11 pm »
I may be headed in this general direction as well. I've just gotten into HomeAssistant and it's another learning curve, but my RPi house controller (I have other processes running on it for over a year now) has been rock solid. How does HomeAssistant handle Vera doing a Luup restart? Does it catch the actions up afterwards or are they lost?
General / Re: Veraplus Compatible Zigbee Devices ***Let's Get This List Going***
« Last post by iflatow on May 20, 2018, 08:55:05 pm »
Trying to pair a Zigbee Sengled Element Classic Bulb E11-G13.  But I can't find Zigbee listed under devices to pair. Only generic Z-wave. Where do you all see the Zigbee device option? Thanks
General / Re: Vistacam 1200 Doorbell Cam
« Last post by col8eral on May 20, 2018, 07:54:53 pm »
Is there an ETA for this?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10