Author Topic: Best iOS and Android Apps for Vera remote control?  (Read 50914 times)

Offline goldriver

Re: Best iOS and Android Apps for Vera remote control?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 10:34:05 pm »
You should All try homewave, for 1/8th thé price of Ivera, this application is 8 times more efficient, flexible and reliable.

Offline RonLin

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 08:33:28 am »
Which one allows to arm and disarm DSC EVL3 alarm systems on an Android?

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 08:41:29 am »
AutHomationHD and I believe HomeBuddy. Not sure if others.

- Garrett

Offline intveltr

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 06:43:06 pm »
On iOS, HomeWave should support it (please let me know if it doesn't... :) )
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2013, 07:03:41 pm »
Chris H.
my homewave app is perfect in my ipads .

perfect in iphone too..

the best. (intveltr could be put more icons options natively...icons with high definition like this one:

I bought a fibaro home center 2 controller for tests and I think that comes with a good interface...I hope reliable like homewave and vera3.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 07:05:39 pm by Piwtorak »
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline tiwas

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2014, 05:56:03 am »
This thread is a bit dated, but instead of opening a new one - has there been any exciting development here lately? I just got my veralite last night so haven't really had too much time to play around with smart phone apps yet.

Offline hadiesper

• Shifra Smart Homes
Best iOS and Android Apps for Vera remote control?
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2014, 05:58:22 am »
@tiwas: try control cube.
The apps Website is www.control-cube.com
The cool thing about the app is it has awesome graphics and barely takes a minute to set up. Plus if you have Sonos at home it integrates with sonos directly

P.S: I am the app developer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:58:42 am by hadiesper »
HadiEsper
http://www.shifrasmarthomes.com - 20 Fibaro Dimmers, 3 Thermostats, 1 Energy Meter, 2 Motion Sensors, 1 Temp/Hum Sensor, 2 VERAs, 5 Sonos Play:3 Zones, 2 TVs on GC iTach IR Control, 1 Apple TV on GC iTach, 2 Satellite Receivers on GC iTach, 1 XMBC MediaCenter, 10TB Synology

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2014, 08:57:03 am »
The cool thing about the app is it has awesome graphics and barely takes a minute to set up. Plus if you have Sonos at home it integrates with sonos directly

You may want to state you are the developer of the app.

- Garrett
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:59:24 am by garrettwp »

Offline hadiesper

• Shifra Smart Homes
Best iOS and Android Apps for Vera remote control?
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2014, 09:00:35 am »
@garrettwp: Control Cube is mentioned in exactly 3 threads. That hardly qualifies as "flooding the forums" especially when I'm giving a valid response to a question/post

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:03:03 am by hadiesper »
HadiEsper
http://www.shifrasmarthomes.com - 20 Fibaro Dimmers, 3 Thermostats, 1 Energy Meter, 2 Motion Sensors, 1 Temp/Hum Sensor, 2 VERAs, 5 Sonos Play:3 Zones, 2 TVs on GC iTach IR Control, 1 Apple TV on GC iTach, 2 Satellite Receivers on GC iTach, 1 XMBC MediaCenter, 10TB Synology

Offline tiwas

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2014, 04:13:38 am »
Thanks, will check it out :)

Ideally, I'd like something graphical with floor plans and such to convert my old tablet to a remote control :D

Offline tiwas

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2014, 04:15:56 am »

Oh...iOS only?

Offline hadiesper

• Shifra Smart Homes
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2014, 04:47:43 am »
For now yes, Control Cube is iOS only. We are working on an android version though.
HadiEsper

Offline GR

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2014, 08:30:08 am »

Looks good from the preview. I was planning to use a cheap Android device instead of an iPad for the wall controls, but might have to test out this thing and look for a cheap iPad2 or something.

I have been looking for decent looking GUIs for a while now, so far I have been mostly decided on AuthomationHD for Android, but not completely convinced.
Vera Lite UI7, 4x Fibaro FGD211, 4x Fibaro FGB-002, 5x Fibaro FGS211, 2x Vision ZM1601, 1x Remotec ZRC-100, 1x TKB TZ68, 3x Aeon Labs DSB05, 2x Remotec ZXT-120, 5x Vision ZD2102, 5x Fibaro FGSD-002, 1x Multireg floor thermostat, 1x Z-wave.me KFOB2, 1x NorthQ NQ-9021, 1x Vision ZG8101, iPad in wall.

Offline hadiesper

• Shifra Smart Homes
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2014, 08:35:53 am »
@GC: Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to hearing your input on usability and features after you test it.

If you plan to invest in a couple of Sonos or GC devices as well. you will find Control Cube to be invaluable because it's the only app that can integrate with these devices smoothly out of the box.

By the way, I am currently working on the iPhone app. Should be out in about 1-2 weeks.

HadiEsper

Offline tcarlig

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2014, 05:58:05 pm »
Question, I use Authomation for Android which in my opinion is the best app on any device. Thanks Garrett! It seems to support everything I have in the home. (ELK alarm, Squeezebox, Netatmo, Hue) all thru Vera plug-ins and works solidly. One of the best features of this app seems to be missing in all IOS apps unless I'm missing it somewhere. That's the ability to have a device on your homescreen like an Android widget. Is this possible to have these widgets or shortcuts? Does ControlCube or HomeWave have this feature? I don't want to keep buying apps that don't have this feature...  :)  The reason I'm shopping for this is I have an overhead door in our warehouse that is on z-Wave that I need to put on other users iPhones... Thanks for your help!

TC