We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: openLuup on Docker (Hub)  (Read 1915 times)

Offline RHCPNG

Re: openLuup on Docker (Hub)
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2019, 05:20:41 am »
Most likely reason for strange behavior is a rogue plugin. Do you have plugins installed?

Migrating configuration is the easy part, your dependency on plugins is the complicating part here since there is no way to automatically install plugins.
When you have the user_data.json, you can provide this to docker when you start the container for the first time, see the documentation on https://github.com/vwout/docker-openluup, or in the docker-compose file at https://github.com/vwout/docker-openluup/blob/master/docker-compose.yml.
Openluup will import the data provided by the user_data.json as specified in the environment variable USER_DATA_JSON into its configuration. Any functionality depending on plugins won't work until the plugins are installed.

I don't know whether configuration related to not available plugins will survive, or when the configuration is kept when plugins are installed. This will require some experimentation.
If you know which plugins you need and which files are related to these plugins, you can try exporting these from vbox and storing them in a directory. Bind this directory as /etc/cmh-lu/ and openluup will load the plugins right from the start.

The good news is that you can try as many times as you want. As long as you keep your vbox configuration as is, you can recreate the openluup container as many times as you want.
I would recommend using a volume for at last the openluup environment, that is /etc/cmh-ludl/.

Yes I have multiple plugins installed. I understand that will be the tricky part. Maybe I will try to migrate in the near future, but there is no hurry anymore, because I have mij vbox running quite well again.

Thanks for the docker! I will definitely be using it in the near future. Probably when someone else has migrated successfully with plugins ;-)