Author Topic: Texecom Premier Plug-in  (Read 22857 times)

Offline racarter

Texecom Premier Plug-in
« on: June 21, 2012, 03:09:18 pm »
I'm in the process of developing a plug-in for the UK-based Texecom Premier range of alarm panels.  I've got the plug-in monitoring one partition and eight zones via serial/USB comms.  Zone and partition statuses are sent to Vera, and comms failures are handled via a watchdog routine.  You can also arm, part-arm and disarm the panel and set its time via Vera.

My panel is not yet installed, but everything seems to work pretty well on the bench.

If anyone is interested in being a beta-tester I'd be happy to share the code.  Of course I'll post it properly when it's in a suitable state for wider release.

Meanwhile, thanks to utz for his Visonic plug-in - it gave me a lot of help!

Indigo, Vera Edge/Datamine, Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion 3 in 1 sensors, Heatmiser thermostats, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline davegwynn

Re: Texecom Premier Plug-in
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 11:55:45 am »
I'd be very interested in this indeed, if you would be so kind.  It appears that it's quite difficult to find a UK based wired panel that can interface with vera, and I'm familiar with Texecom.  To be honest I've been watching these forums for a few months off and on waiting for a panel I can get in the UK that can talk to Vera.  Having said that, I am two weeks from moving into my new place and installing the kit, so wouldn't be able to do anything in the way of testing until then.  Really pleased to see your post, I was debating buying an american panel, getting a wireless visonic panel having wired my house conventionally, or looking to write something myself..

Offline racarter

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 02:36:31 pm »
Dave

If you PM me your e-mail address I'd be happy to send you the files.  Will eight zones be enough?  If not I can adjust the code accordingly.  Obviously this will be user-definable eventually, but not yet. It's probably best to test the comms to the panel before you install it; that way you can play about without upsetting your new neighbours! :)

I'm away from tomorrow morning until Thursday evening, so I unless you reply this evening you probably won't get the files until Friday.

I have another volunteer, and he's managed to install everything OK.

Indigo, Vera Edge/Datamine, Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion 3 in 1 sensors, Heatmiser thermostats, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline sjpearson

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 11:36:30 am »
Hi

i have been wanting to achieve this for ages, but not bright enough to figure it out myself. Already got the texecom 48 up and running and interfacing it through the IP module with included software but not got it linked to rest of home automation.

If you want to expand to ip coms, very keen to help out and test - i believe the ip module converts to serial anyway ??

Simon

Offline mic.mad

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 06:54:19 pm »
Dave

If you PM me your e-mail address I'd be happy to send you the files.  Will eight zones be enough?  If not I can adjust the code accordingly.  Obviously this will be user-definable eventually, but not yet. It's probably best to test the comms to the panel before you install it; that way you can play about without upsetting your new neighbours! :)

I'm away from tomorrow morning until Thursday evening, so I unless you reply this evening you probably won't get the files until Friday.

Could you send me plugin too??

Offline benotven

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 07:31:02 am »
Dave

Dear Racarter,

if it's possible, please PM me an e-mail address. I would like to ask some abount ComIP programming...

Offline quadophile

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 09:23:54 am »
Hi, can you please pm me your email as i have 8 zone texecom and needs to integrate it with vera. please help.

Offline racarter

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 05:39:34 pm »
quadophile - I've PMed you.

Offline mosjos

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 08:45:24 am »
Hi,

Would you be able to send me the files as well Racarter?

I have a Texecom premier 48 (ricochet) which I'd like to be able to integrate with either the veralite or the vera3.

I can help with the testing of the plugin.

I have programming experience so I will be looking into the Vera programming language more in depth to be able to create the scenes and plugins if necessary.

If anyone that has tested the plugin already or yourself racarter have any tips on using the plugin then these will be appreciated.

Please PM me and i can provide you my details.

Many thanks
Jo

Offline racarter

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 02:40:18 pm »
Hi @mosjos

I have several users of the plug-in now, and it seems to work pretty well.  I've PMed you.

Offline shaw05

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 06:52:40 pm »
I too would be interested in the plugin. can you send it to me too please?

cheers

Dave

Offline racarter

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 05:54:03 am »
Hi @shaw05 - I've PMed you.

Offline MountainAutomator

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 10:59:02 am »
Hi Racarter,

Would you be able to send me the files as well? I would like to integrate the panel with my Vera 2.

I have the texecom premiere 48 with COMIP module.  The COMIP module appears to be in programming mode as it is not setting an IP Address.  I have a query into Texecom on this.

Cheers,
Brendan

Offline racarter

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 11:21:49 am »
MountainAutomator

I'll PM you.

Offline RoganDawes

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 03:11:42 am »
Hi racarter,

I'm also looking to interact with my Texecom panel, via a USB-serial adapter.

Please could I get a copy of your texecom module?

Thanks

Rogan