Author Topic: Texecom Premier Plug-in  (Read 15664 times)

Offline Mattb130

Re: Texecom Premier Plug-in
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2017, 05:21:33 pm »
The only reason I have to believe that it may be compatible is page 9 here:-http://www.texe.com/uk/uploads/Product_Guide_Export_LIT-0190-9_web.pdf

I may go the hybrid route with one of their wireless expansion modules as that may give me the flexibility for future expansion.

Offline racarter

« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2017, 04:11:25 am »
Looks promising :)
Indigo, Vera Edge/Datamine, Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion 3 in 1 sensors, Heatmiser thermostats, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline samyoue

« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2017, 05:03:59 am »
Hi I'm an intruder alarm engineer, the Elite panels all share the same firmware so what will work on an Elite 48 will also work on an Elite 640 or 24 or 12w. On the old Premier panels the Premier 24 had a different firmware to the other panels and the 640 had its own (terrible)  firmware too.

could I have a copy of the api too? I'm interested in getting into home automation via vera and it won't let me P.M people...
thank you,

Sam

Offline racarter

« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2017, 11:53:07 am »
@samyoue

You can get a copy of the communications protocol (not really an API as such) from Texecom if you drop them a line.  I'm afraid I can't let you have a copy because they ask you to sign a non-disclosure agreement before giving you the document.

If you have a Vera controller and want a copy of the plugin though, I can email you the files.  I'll PM you my address.

Alan

Indigo, Vera Edge/Datamine, Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion 3 in 1 sensors, Heatmiser thermostats, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline PGale

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2017, 02:54:24 pm »
Hi Alan,

Can I get a copy of your plugin too please?

I've just ordered a Texecom Premier Elite 48-w wireless system as it seemed best for my needs out of everything I've looked at. I used to have a very extensive Comfort system (linked to several HA systems such as homeseer, homevision (Old school!)) but after moving to a new house minus the 7km of Cat5e and alarm cabling,  I just need a wireless system.

I spoke to Texecom tech support today about their upcoming Texecom Connect system and new API. sounds pretty promising and they are expecting it to ship with v4 firmware in the next few months. Do you know much about the new API?

Many thanks,

Paul.

Offline PGale

« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2017, 11:15:14 am »
Anyone else got a copy they can send me in the mean time?

Thanks.

Offline racarter

« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2017, 12:48:53 pm »
@PGale

I've PMed you.

Alan

Offline PGale

« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2017, 05:58:18 am »
Many thanks - got it now.

Offline PGale

« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2017, 06:01:33 am »
One question:

How do you best disconnect Vera from the panel if you want to use Wintex etc? I presume you can only have one device logged in at a time?

Offline racarter

« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2017, 06:09:46 am »
The best way is to use a different Com port for Wintex.  The COM IP module can sometimes get confused if you try to change protocols, occasionally requiring a reboot. 

Offline PGale

« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2017, 06:16:44 am »
OK I only have one comIP and no serial - so maybe best to power down Vera while seting up then?

...unless there's a way to disconnect comms in the pluging temporarily?

Also, is it OK to chenge the zone device type - at the moment all xones are motion sensors - can I change to motion sensor with tamper or glassbreak, door sensor etc etc?

Thanks.

Offline racarter

« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2017, 07:11:41 am »
The only way to stop comms would be to delete the panel IP address and restart Luup, which is messy.

I haven't tried it, but I suspect if you changed device types those devices would stop updating.  You could rename the devices though.

Offline PGale

« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2017, 07:22:22 am »
Ok thanks Alan

Offline detailme

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2017, 10:16:17 am »
The only way to stop comms would be to delete the panel IP address and restart Luup, which is messy.

I haven't tried it, but I suspect if you changed device types those devices would stop updating.  You could rename the devices though.

Hi Allan, you sent me the plugin well over a year ago and ive finally setup my alarm system and Im loving what i can do with it! I use my simple control ios app to now arm/part arm, door contacts to alert when its open over my sonos system, when an alarm is triggered i have a scene that turns all the interior and exterior lights on and warns audibley over the sonos system to get out! :)

Im trying to setup scenes etc for a panic alarm but i cant trigger it via the plugin. When you add partition one in a scene you get 'request arm mode', request quickarm mode' and request 'panic arm mode'. I have tried the panic mode and adding states such as Armed and Panic Armed etc but it wont trigger the panic. What do i need to put in the state to get it working.
(I have enabled PA in the Texecom keypad so should be working ok)

Many thanks
Chris

Offline racarter

« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2017, 10:24:52 am »
@detailme

Hi Chris

I'm afraid the plugin doesn't support a panic alarm.  If you want a panic alarm to be triggered by Vera, then that's not possible; the Texecom comms protocol does not allow triggering of a panic alarm.  Those scene triggers you mention aren't mine; I assume they must be generic for other alarm types.

If, however, you want to trigger a scene based on a panic alarm being reported from the Texecom panel, that might be feasible.  If that's what you're after then let me know, and when I have a minute I'll look and see what additional code would be required.

Would you just want the partition to go into alarm, or would there have to be some indication that it was specifically a panic alarm?

Alan
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:37:40 am by racarter »