Author Topic: Now Zhouse HomeControl for 5$  (Read 4677 times)

Offline zhouse

• Sr. Newbie
Now Zhouse HomeControl for 5$
« on: July 13, 2012, 01:36:46 pm »
Hi again

We thinked a lot about how to do it to bring our app to existing users in good price, and still have advantage. Solution was very simple. Time limited promotion, so here it is. Zhouse HomeControl for 5$.

Offline themagixboy

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Now Zhouse HomeControl for 5$
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 01:42:48 am »
well, for 5 bucks it's worth supporting the zwave/ vera community

Offline radarengineer

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 12:27:15 am »
@zhouse, for $5 I decided I should definetly try it and I'm very happy I did.

The app looks terrific. It works very well in landscape mode on my 7" tablet (vertical is ok too, but I really like the landscape layout you have). The interface seems very polished overall.

Offline themagixboy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 04:19:44 pm »
after several failed trys to buy this app on google play, i give up. It seems to be a google play problem ( and not ZHouse ) although i can buy other apps with 0 problems.

Good luck with the app.

Offline Chimpware

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 07:04:00 am »
This is one of the best looking apps for Android or iOS and the usability is pretty good.  Only one I find better from a usability perspective on a phone is HomeWave for iOS.

How are the rooms ordered and is there a way to re-order them?

You have room on the main screen for a "Favorites" tab, which would make access to most used devices and scenes much quicker.  I know I can use screen widgest for devices, but this would make the base app more usable.

Offline Chimpware

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 07:08:51 am »
Forgot to add, this app seems deigned for smaller applications (less devices and rooms than I have).  I have over 60 devices in 20 rooms, some with same name, i.e. "Ceiling :ight" differentiated by Room.  Might be better fo me to change naming convention to include room name, but then I end up with really long names.

This app works well for me, but I have to scroll through an un-ordered list of rooms to find what I am looking for and that is a PITA sometimes.  Also Voice Control, works OK, but with the devices having the same names I cannot control many of my devices, so I can really only use this for scenes.

Offline Sierek

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 11:51:46 am »
Hi!
I'm new user Vera Lite and zWave aplication and widgets.
Very good job and price. Work perfectly on Samsung Galaxy S2 and Note 10.1 (Android 4.1.2).

Offline frichter09

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 09:17:20 pm »
Hi zhouse,
So for $5 I pulled the trigger and got your app.
I have to say this is one of the best designed apps I have ever seen for Android so great job!

I have to admit that the app is pretty unstable though.
When in landscape mode and applying a filter (show only thermostat) the app crashes constantly. Even if I apply other filters like "lights only" or "scenes only" the app crashes 50% of the time. I do not think this is device related because it happens on my brand new Nexus 4 and wall tablet!

Also opening or closing my Kwikset door locks never works.

Sorry, this is not meant to be a rant here and I think $5 is a very good price for your app however it needs to be stable.
I hope we will see some stability related fixes in the future.

So long and thanks again for the great app design!

Flo

Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline zhouse

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 03:50:19 am »
Thats why we are working on stability. At this moment we rebuilding app in "professional way", so in version 2.5 there will be no new features (maybe couple) but it bring app to stable version :)

PS thanks for good words :)

Offline silencery

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 03:13:44 am »
Just wanted to drop by to say I really like Zhouse so far despite the stability issues.  Keep up the good work!

Honestly speaking, it's so unstable it's not usable at the moment, but I am looking forward to a more mature release.  It's got potential to become the best automation app for android, especially with widget support for scenes!

Offline slajgaj

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 05:13:18 am »
When is it the STABLE version? Every day the Zhouse widget is stopped!