We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: How do I Recover a TX ID?  (Read 185 times)

Offline HeliAv8r

How do I Recover a TX ID?
« on: January 10, 2019, 01:36:31 pm »
Here's the situation.  I moved into a house that has 15 existing 2Gig 345 Mhz sensors; mostly DW10-345 thin door/window devices.  There are 3 sensors that I cannot identify but I'll deal with those later. 

Unfortunately the TX ID stickers are missing on 11 of the sensors.  I've opened them up to see if they were on the inside but sadly, they are not.

Is there a way to recover those IDs?

The previous owner also left the alarm panel and I have the user code but not the installer or master codes.  I know I can reset the panel to factory defaults, but that would also wipe out all the current zones & programming.  After the reset, I believe the 2Gig panel will let me add the sensors without the TX ID as there is a 'Learn' option.  However, I'm not sure it will show me the code or if it simply allows me to add it to the 2Gig panel.  If all else fails, I guess I'll go that route.  I really don't want to have to re-program everything, I'm hoping that Vera has this 'learn' ability as well or perhaps someone here has a different way to get those TX IDs.

Thanks,
Dave

Offline Cristina

• Support
Re: How do I Recover a TX ID?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 07:54:19 am »
Hello,

Do you know if those sensors where paired, in the past, with the controller. I should be able to find out the TX ID's from a backup, that was upload on our servers?

This is the only way I think we will be able to do what you want. Also I have open a trouble ticket for you, just in case, you want to try this method.

Thank you and Have a nice day