We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Window cover UI question  (Read 137 times)

Offline tinman

Window cover UI question
« on: January 14, 2019, 09:44:53 am »
For testing purposes I've created a number of window cover devices using the RFXtrx New Device Tab. The UI for these devices includes a slider. I don't have any actual window cover devices so I'm curious about how this slider is used. I don't see any window cover devices that have commands related to what a slider control would provide. Can anyone out there share their experience with controlling window cover devices using an RFXtrx transceiver with a Vera Hub?

Offline Gabriel

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Window cover UI question
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 06:04:46 am »
Well, as you know, with Z-Wave devices this slider is indicating how much the window cover is opened (I'm assuming that you've already seen it working with a Z-Wave device, right?).

As most (all?) 433MHz don't have return channel, this slider is less usefull for 433MHz devices.

Right now, with my Somfy shutters, here is what is happening:

• pressing open/up in the UI opens the shutter, and the slider is updated to 100%
  • pressing close/down in the UI closes the shutter, and the slider is updated to 0%
  • manually moving the slider to 0 or 100% opens/closes the shutter
  • moving the slider to an intermediate position does nothing

The slider could still be used by an opiniated user, by adjusting it through LUA code after having moved the blind to an intermediate position. I am myself positioning Somfy shutters through LUA:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33259.msg243825.html#msg243825

I've been contemplating updating my lua functions to also update the UI slider, but haven't dedicated time to it yet.

Somfy blind also have a specific thing for which the slider could be usefull: They have an intermediate position (programmable by the user) which can be triggered by the "stop"/"my" button on Somfy remotes. The "stop" button in the UI triggers also triggers it. Once again, slider could be ajusted through LUA to reflect this.