Author Topic: Day Or Night Plugin  (Read 68712 times)

Offline tomtcom

Re: Day Or Night Plugin
« Reply #315 on: February 22, 2017, 02:38:06 pm »
There is NO problem with this plugin on UI7.   Icons have never worked when accessing remotely.
If it's not working for you ... UPGRADE the plugin (Needed if you migrated from UI5).
My screenshots are from local mode and I started with ui6 back in the day. This has worked before on prior firmwares in recent times but not now.
I'll see if the plugin isn't updating correctly.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #316 on: February 22, 2017, 04:51:01 pm »
Power cycle the Vera after doing the upgrade.

Offline daniels

« Reply #317 on: February 23, 2017, 01:47:59 am »
It sAves when you click outside the window.
If it's invalid it clears the entry.

It does not actually get used until the next Vera restart.

Can you please just post clear, detailed instructions on how to configure the offset?  I am having the same issue I have seen numerous others mention where the offset simply will not save.   What do you mean by "click outside the window"?  I've clicked my desktop, browsed away from the page, minimized the browser, switched to other applications, etc. and nothing has worked.  Also, what exactly is a valid format?  I have used -00:20:00, +00:20:00, and 00:20:00, and none have worked. 

I appreciate this plugin but this problem is obviously frustrating a lot of people and it hasn't been adequately explained.

Offline sre

« Reply #318 on: March 20, 2017, 12:27:17 am »
I have installed this plug in and get the following error.
"Error executing function daytime_Settings(): daytime_Settings is not a function"

I have Vera edge Fimware 1.7.2607 and Ui7 browser running under windows 10.  Can you help me please ?

Offline prplrhd

« Reply #319 on: March 21, 2017, 11:15:53 pm »
Hi Richard,

Vera Edge unit, 2+ years old, been running Day or Night without issue since inception. Applied recent firmware update, had a problem with another plugin, DSC Alarm Panel. Vera support logged in, had me upload yet another plugin which turned out to be incorrect for the panel I have. After uninstalling the plug provided by Vera support, I now have an unstable system.

One of the symptoms is that a long stable set of scenes I used to control outdoor lighting is now causing a race condition. I have scenes that turn on driveway lights from motion sensors, turn on front door lights at sunset, off at sunrise, and another scene that is invoked when any outdoor light is turned on during daylight. All use Day or Night. Now what happens is the scene that turns on the light at "sunset" conflicts with the scene that attempts to turn off lights mistakenly activated during the "day" and the light ping pongs on/off/on/off infinitely.

Most calls I have are invoked as
local night = luup.variable_get("urn:rts-services-com:serviceId:DayTime","Status", 116)
return  (night == '0')

For daytime I was testing night ~= '0' and after problems tried night == '1' but still have the race condition. Day or Night is set to offset sunrise -20 min and sunset +20

Have you seen this condition before?

Offline sre

« Reply #320 on: March 21, 2017, 11:45:58 pm »
I have this plugin one Vera Edge system with firmware 1.7.2406 and no difficulty is observed.  I have tried to instal the plugin for a system with latest firmware 1.7.2607 and had this problem.  On advice from @RichardTSchaefer (thanks to him for his usual prompt reponse) I have repowered the system and the situation is rectified.  Thanks once again

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #321 on: March 22, 2017, 08:59:33 am »
@prplrhd

Did the device ID for Day or Night change ? If so than you will need to upgrade your LUA that references it.

Offline slajgaj

« Reply #322 on: April 02, 2017, 07:53:44 am »
Hello Richard!
I'm using the day/night plugin with some scene (night - all roller shutter go down)
Working correct....

Yesterday 2:30 pm (day) had momentary power out in my house.
After, when the Vera Edge has rebooted, then all roller shutters goes down. :(
All "night" scened runned.
What happened?
If the day/night plugin not syncronize via internet, then the plugin default value is Night?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #323 on: April 02, 2017, 07:58:07 am »
You should put the Vera on a UPC.
If you have a power failure and your Vera boots faster than the internet can be restored ... your Vera will have the wrong time ... hence the problem.

Vera always needs to be booted with the internet available when it boots.

Offline slajgaj

« Reply #324 on: April 02, 2017, 02:38:16 pm »
Thank you Richard!li
I cannot know this.....but this logical.
Thank you again!

Offline Robinbb

« Reply #325 on: April 23, 2017, 12:37:42 am »
"Error executing function daytime_Settings(): daytime_Settings is not a function"

I have Vera edge Fimware 1.7.2607 and Ui7 browser running under windows 10.  Can you help me please ?
Same problem here, after multiple reinstalls, reboots, power cycles et al.  Is there no answer?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:08:16 pm by Robinbb »

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #326 on: April 23, 2017, 08:35:11 am »
Do a POWER CYCLE on your Vera.

Offline jv9943

« Reply #327 on: May 25, 2017, 05:01:53 am »

Same problem here, after multiple reinstalls, reboots, power cycles et al.  Is there no answer?
Had the same problem, power cycle didn't help. Following did however:
In UI7, in Apps/MyApps create a new device via de "Day or Night Details". This new device worked correctly, so I could delete the first one. Done.