We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Fibaro (3 in 1) Door/Window Sensor  (Read 77894 times)

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
Fibaro (3 in 1) Door/Window Sensor
« on: December 12, 2012, 02:38:20 am »
I can see Fibaro have brought out a new door/window sensor, which potentially could replace their universal sensor. (PDF)

http://www.etotal.eu/mediafiles/images/produkter/manualer/fibaro/FIBARO_door_window_sensor_presentation.pdf

This one looks much more polished as a product although it seems it might suffer the same issues as the Universal Sensor and not be 100% compatible with Vera (so you might have to do some work arounds)

Has anyone got one of these yet, how does it look/work?
i'm curious to know before I place my order for one?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 03:29:54 am by parkerc »

Offline haavard

Fibaro (3 in 1) Door/Window Sensor
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 07:15:39 am »
I am waiting just like you...

Offline chixxi

Re: Fibaro (3 in 1) Door/Window Sensor
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 07:50:36 am »
I ordered two, was waiting quiet a while for them since all other window sensors I know are ugly. But since they don't have them in stock yet I expect this to take some more weeks unitl I can provide you with further feedback...
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline DRuw

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 03:56:31 am »
They are available in the Netherlands:
http://www.wirelesswonen.nl/Webwinkel-Product-20361165/Fibaro-Deur-Raam-Sensor.html
I just got an email that all colors are on stock at their supplier except the white ones.
They will probably be on stock next week.
Looks like a nice product, like the universal sensor but with power supply and an additional function of a door switch.
Still sceptic about taking a temperature measurement that near a window though...

Offline jduchon

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 11:20:00 am »
I received today 2 of these, but so far I'm unable to make them recognized by my Vera... They are really tiny, as usual with Fibaro modules.

Jerome
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 11:22:37 am by jduchon »
Jerome

Offline jduchon

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 12:23:32 pm »
OK. I started with the bad one ;-)
The other is working fine.
Jerome

Offline capjay

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 03:58:25 pm »
looks really good. they have a temperature sensor too. will they ever produce these for the US?  :(

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 02:38:02 am »
Hi @jduchon

OK. I started with the bad one ;-)

That does not sound good? What is wrong with it?

The other is working fine.

How do they appear on the dashboard in Vera? Do you get e.g a binary light, a Morton sensor and a temperature sensor ?

Can you maybe share a screen shot of the new device icons on your dashboard and if possible a real world picture of the actual Fibaro device

Offline jduchon

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 06:34:29 am »
Hi parkerc,

I solved the association issue with the second sensor. The Vera was refusing to recognize it, but after several attempts and reset, I succeed. These inclusion issues seem to be usual with ZWave technology...
It shows up as a motion sensor on the dashboard. I did not attached a temperature probe for now but will let you know the differences when I'll receive these probes.
I wanted to place one of these on a double sliding window. I expected this to require a second reed contact (which can be wired to the Fibaro input), but I'm glad to found location on the windows where one sensor is enough. As it is visible from the outside, I have to test if the mechanism can't be fooled from the outside...

Jerome

[IMG=http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5880/20121216154439.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jerome

Offline kiwi

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 04:19:12 pm »
I have received mine, just ordered one to see if it is small enough to be inserted on my Velux, since it is small I wanted to include into my vera -> no luck.

Strange....
JDuchon how did you solved that ? Seems it needs that back tmp button to be activated, is it the same for you ?

Regards,
--
Vera3 UI5 1.5.408 -

Offline jduchon

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 05:41:10 pm »
I thought at first the tamper button at the rear of the sensor (outside) had to be armed and then, one need to activate 3 times quickly the inside tmp button. This worked pretty straightforward for one of my two sensors, but this was not the case for the second. I had to exclude it (see Fibaro manual, to be done with the magnet) and to unsuccessfully include it several times before achieving the inclusion.

This is to say I don't know the exact procedure to achieve peacefully the inclusion! I'm going to write to Fibaro, because I found their manual is not helpful for this at all. You don't know when they talk about the generic inclusion procedure or the Fibaro Center 2 inclusion procedure  >:( They should increase the documentation quality up to their hardware quality, otherwise they might discourage some users... Don't you think so?

Jerome

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 06:29:22 am »
This is an interesting device might have to try one out.

"The sensor can be used for monitoring whether a door, window, window blind or a garage gate is opened or closed. In addition, you can integrate any binary output sensor with the Z-Wave network using this sensor, e.g. motion sensors, flood sensors, alarm system sensors, etc."

Offline Shadock

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 05:36:38 pm »
Same problem here: unable to include it to the vera (Vera 2 UI5 1.5.408).
I've tried many methods and combinations between external and internal buttons and 3 quick taps.

I don't even managed to achieve a reset (remove battery, magnet, install battery, remove magnet, remove battery, reinstall battery) : i've tried it so many times...

Also I did not found any significance of the blue led. mine, after battery installation, is always on (perhaps with a very quick "off blink" every 5 seconds or so). After my inclusion tries, sometimes the led blinking change and it "shades" quickly (every 1 - 1,5 seconds) without stopping..

Never had such difficulty to include a device.

Offline jduchon

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 06:22:20 pm »
I have now connected the Dallas temperature probe and after a sensor reset and re-inclusion, I got 3 modules: 2 motion sensors and a generic I/O sensor. In the advanced tab of this latter, I set "device_file" attribute to "D_TemperatureSensor1.xml". This has changed the generic into a temperature sensor, thank you bozo_merlin. The value I get is rounded to its entire part due to the Vera limitation.
I need to test the last input which should feedback through the second motion sensor.

Regarding the inclusion "procedure", what I did last time after resetting :

1. The rear switch is armed since my sensor is fixed on a door frame
2. So, I'm opening the casing and I put the Vera in inclusion mode close to the Fibaro
3. I'm pressing 3 times (quickly, within 2 seconds) the inside TMP switch
4. + I'm even trying with long pressing on this switch
5. At some point (after -+6 attempts) I get an acknowledge from my Vera (orange LED flashing during 2 seconds)

So I agree this is not obvious to include at all, but it works. I have the same VERA firmware you have.
Jerome

Offline psykokwak

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 07:25:44 pm »
Hey, what about the update that supports this device ?
I successfuly associated the device. I have 3 devices : one generic_io and two motion sensor.
I changed the generic io device file name to D_TemperatureSensor1.xml and I now have the temperature.
The door opening sensor works too on the "main" device but the second one does nothing!
And each time I open/close the door the all 3 device displays "successfuly polled node" ...

Please, we need a firmware update.