Author Topic: New plugin for Dutch Opentherm Thermostat 'Essent / ICY E-Thermostaat' available  (Read 23375 times)

Offline marks

Jouked,
Thanks for the great work!! I am looking at buying one of these (perhaps through Essent), and getting this plugin going.
How would I interface with the thermostat? Is a usb cable needed or can this be done wirelessly? It is probably mentioned somewhere in the online info, but I could not find it!  :-[
Thanks again,
Mark

Offline jouked

• Sr. Newbie
The thermostat itself is connected to an icy hub, which is providing the internet connection for the thermostat. So the connection is wireless. The user manual (dutch only) can be found at http://www.icy.nl/sites/default/files/uitgebreide_handleiding_e-thermostaat.pdf

Offline Crismaison

@jouked, will the temperature also allow me to trigger a scene/message?
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline apt

To APT: I saw your personal message, however my post count is too low yet to reply to you. You and Screamhouse are the first to acknowledge an interest in using the plugin. The mios app store offers no statistics so that's all I know!

I saw your message. I'll keep you updated on progress, but it will be somewhere this spring/summer.

Offline jouked

• Sr. Newbie
I've just implemented the temperature setpoint changes and included a nicer icon. I think temperature triggers should work already but I'll do some testing before releasing an update.

Offline Crismaison

You are too fast, i dont have the icy yet  ;D
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline Crismaison

Received mine......when will you submit the update  ;D

Offline jouked

• Sr. Newbie
New version is ready, I have some trouble publishing it to apps.mios.com

Until then, just install the current version from apps.mios.com and you can then manually update the luup files in UI5 through Apps -> Develop Apps -> Luup files.

The most recent files can be found at http://dijkstj.home.xs4all.nl/icy/icy15.zip which included an updated icon and temperature setpoint control.

The icy thermostat is now also supported in the latest beta of the iOS HomeWave app!

Offline Crismaison

works like a charm!!! Well done

Offline Thiemen

I follow this tread and wait for the possibility to change the temperature...

Offline jouked

• Sr. Newbie

Offline Thiemen

Nice, and Fast :-) Now i'll try marktplaats to buy one cheap.

Offline Crismaison

Mine was 60 :)

Offline jouked

• Sr. Newbie
The next version (1.5) got approved on apps.mios.com and is now available for automatic installation. Suggestions for new features are welcome!

Offline Crismaison

I want a white icon  ;D

What could be cool, is to see the temp changes over the day/week via some graph or to get a notification when the thermostat switches on and combine it with the smart meter plugin to tell you how much gas was used.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:27:56 am by Screamhouse »