Author Topic: New plugin for Dutch Opentherm Thermostat 'Essent / ICY E-Thermostaat' available  (Read 25333 times)

Offline jouked

• Sr. Newbie
For graphing you can look into the datamine plugin. http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,43.0.html

There is currently a thread going on regarding themostat data, it should be straightforward to correlate room temperature, thermostat mode and gas usage with datamine.

Offline Thiemen

Up and Running!

Offline gijs

After finding this plugin i bougth an e-thermostaat from marktplaats. Works great but i got some little issues.
In the devices tab i can select Comfort,Bespaar,Lang-Weg but i can't select Vast or change the temp via + and - signs.
In device setup-> Control tab, the + and - seem to work but 'Vast' still doesn't work.
What is it that i am doing wrong

Offline jouked

• Sr. Newbie
I'll have to check on mine, not sure if I've tested'Vast' before.

Temperature setpoint changes should work though. Can you copy and paste part of the log file for me?

Offline gijs

Hi Jouked.
I would like to send you the log files. Newbe question where do i find them? i found veraip/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP but that seems verry general. i just activated the email function. give me a reply and i send you a copy paste of de log.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:25:40 pm by gijs »

Offline jouked

• Sr. Newbie
Never mind, I've found the cause of both issues. I changes two files, see the attached versions. The next release through apps.mios.com will have these fixes as well.

You can upload the files to your vera through 'Apps', 'Develop Apps', 'Luup files'. Add both attached files to the list on the right, check 'Restart Luup after reload' and press GO.

Please let me know if this fixes your issues.

Offline gijs

Thank you for your quick reply!

'Vast' seems to work now.  The + and - signs still don't react in the devices tab.
Also if i want to make a new scene i can't change the + and - signs

Offline gurbyz

Great plugin! Good work!

Some testresults with FF (16.0.1.): setpoint +/- not clickable on dashboard (only on control tab), setpoint temp not editable on dashboard (only on control tab).
Some testresults with IE (10.0.9200): setpoint +/- not clickable on dashboard (only on control tab), setpoint temp is editable on dashboard and control tab.
(Tested with version 1.5 and with version 1.5-with-the-2-files-provided-here, same results though).

Is there a workaround for setting the temperature to 21.5 degrees in a scene? Now I can only set to integer 21 or 22.

Offline jouked

• Sr. Newbie
I'll look into the issues, at the time I could not find an easy way for the +/- control widget to process half degree increments, but maybe I can find a workaround on this.

Direct control of target temperature through scenes can be done through lua code in the scene by setting the target temperature. I'll post an example later today.

Due to outside temperatures going up last few weeks, I noticed a flaw in the current implementation of the different modes. I have a scene that triggers when I leave the house, this scene sets the thermostat mode to the 'Bespaarstand'. However, to disable the heater in the summer, I've set the thermostat to 'fixed' before on a low temperature to prevent the time program from going off. This of course gets overwritten by the leave house scene.

Therefore I either have to put extra logic in the scene, which puts an extra demand on the users of the plugin, or I can implement this in the plugin by preventing the step 'vast' to 'bespaar'. This last bit might be confusing to users though.

Which option would be preferred?

Offline jouked

• Sr. Newbie
Setting the target temperature directly from within a scene you can add lua code to the scene (in the 'LUUP' tab of scene editing, this code gets executed when the scene runs).

First get the device id of the thermostat (see advanced tab of the device settings).

Then insert this line of code into the scene, where '20' needs to be replaced by the right device id:

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat", "SetCurrentSetpoint", {NewCurrentSetpoint = "20"}, 20)

Offline tvdnagel

The plugin is working fine, but when the thermostat is for example in the "Bespaar" mode and I change it to for example the "Comfort" mode, the temperature that is set in the control is sent to the thermostat instead of the "comfortTemp" that is set when configuring the thermostat via the webportal.

Is it possible not to send the temperature set in the control on a mode change but instead change the mode and then read the temperature for that mode into the control?

Offline Cruiser

Thx for the plugin, Jouke.
Is it possible to add support for the various Vera apps? I tried 2 or 3 but none showed either temp or thermostat.

Offline tvdnagel

Thx for the plugin, Jouke.
Is it possible to add support for the various Vera apps? I tried 2 or 3 but none showed either temp or thermostat.

Which ones did you try? HomeWave is working fine, though it only shows the default HVAC modes such as "Off", "Heat", "Economy" and "Frost prot." instead of "Comfort", "Bespaar", "Lang-weg" and "Vast". It also shows the current and set temperature.

Offline Cruiser

I'm on Android, tried Imperihome, Authomation and homebuddy. Homewave looks like iOS only.

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
The 3rd party app developer would have to add support for the plugin. Since plugins are custom made and use a custom device type and service id's it would require adding additional code for support. HomeWave works, because they are going based off of the service id and not device type which other apps may be going off of.

- Garrett