Author Topic: Plug-in for ecobee thermostats in development  (Read 117417 times)

Offline rafale77

Re: Plug-in for ecobee thermostats in development
« Reply #675 on: March 11, 2017, 11:28:01 am »
Mem Available  174828kilo bytes
CPU Load (1 minute)  0.16
CPU Load (5 minute)  0.2
CPU Load (15 minute)  0.17
Last CMH Reboot  07:26:58 Wed 22 Feb 2017
Last Vera Restart
Last Luup Restart  10:48:31 Fri 10 Mar 2017

This is where I stand after installing the system monitor. It's been about two weeks according to my previous post. No Vera reboots, but the Luup restarts are there. Would be great to know what's causing them and how to eliminate it. There was nothing going on this morning to cause this...

I contacted support about it. Not sure if it is because they did something on my unit but now I am having to force the luup reloads otherwise my ecobee plugin disconnects and can't reconnect.
127 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 256 devices, 17 apps, 128 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #676 on: March 11, 2017, 12:47:48 pm »
Ok. Luup restarted at exactly the same time this morning. Not sure if that a good thing or a bad thing, but it's consistent...

Offline watou

« Reply #677 on: March 11, 2017, 12:53:20 pm »
Ok. Luup restarted at exactly the same time this morning. Not sure if that a good thing or a bad thing, but it's consistent...

It's possible that there are valid and sensible reasons for Luup to restart (don't know), but not at the expense of losing device variables written by plugins, which I believe is the root cause of losing tokens and needing to re-register a new PIN.  Hopefully someone reporting the issue gets or has gotten a responsive (instead of a nonsensical) response from support.

Offline SpecialSwell

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #678 on: March 18, 2017, 08:01:41 am »
I'm sorry if I missed it in the thread, but didn't see anything regarding my issue....

Everything is up and running fine except mobile app. I can control the ecobee3 via desktop version but the app only shows my status. It doesn't allow me to make changes (eg: increase or decrease temperature).

I'm using ui7 latest update and I have a Vera plus.  I am using android OS.   Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:30:45 pm by SpecialSwell »

Offline rafale77

« Reply #679 on: March 24, 2017, 02:59:14 pm »
The mobile app unfortunately is pretty restrictive in terms what it can show or not show. I would recommend not using it and move to something else. For iOS I use Homewave.
127 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 256 devices, 17 apps, 128 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline SpecialSwell

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #680 on: March 26, 2017, 10:32:52 pm »
ah, ok.  Thanks.  Your advice worked.  I downloaded ImperiHome for android.  Great app.  Definitely needs to be customized and setup properly, but if you put the time into it .  . . . . It's really a pretty and useful app.  Already bought the paid version.  Ecobee (as well as everything else) is easily accessible and controllable.  Thanks again for the reply.   

Offline rafale77

« Reply #681 on: March 30, 2017, 12:21:54 am »
I've asked for support to look at my mysterious luup reloads and lately why a lack of luup reload can cause the plugin to disconnect and to fail to reconnect even with a new token. In the meantime v1.8 is out in the app store.   ;D

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #682 on: April 20, 2017, 11:09:54 am »
The ecobee vera app asks for verification at least once a week now... Very annoying.
I don't know where the problem is but I'm getting tired of all the vera issues.

Mine does this as well, did you find a solution ?

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #683 on: April 20, 2017, 02:34:59 pm »
The answer, at least for me, was a plugin that I never loaded. Look and make sure you don't have the Ergy plugin. If you do, uninstall it and never look back...

Offline bohemian

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #684 on: May 24, 2017, 03:13:14 pm »
Just a minor observation when using PLEG actions to control the Ecobee3.

The SendMessage call does not spawn a corresponding blank parameter field in the PLEG action interface. So you can't actually input any text to send.

Not sure if this is due to a PLEG limitation or something specific to the Ecobee plug-in. For now, I'm going to try just adding some appropriate LUA code (an example was shown much earlier in this thread) to the action and see if that is a possible workaround.
VeraPlus, Ecobee, Legrand Adorne and too many Z-Wave devices to name