We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New feature ideas  (Read 744 times)

Offline patrick

• Sr. Newbie
New feature ideas
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:58:24 am »
So now that things are mostly up and running from a hardware standpoint, I'm ready to get cracking on some code.  I see there's a trac list, but no recent updates.  I have some potential bugs and improvements I'm considering - should I go ahead and file them there instead of extending this thread further?

Here's the list so far - I can move them to trac and might start working on the code as I have time.  I did some work in Lua a few years ago and have been looking for an excuse to pick it back up.

Potential bugs / things not implemented
- Under the main panel device the "Event View" doesn't list anything.  I was expecting it to list last arm/disarm.
- "Logs" tab under each device doesn't appear to do anything.  Ideally, I'd like to see timestamps of when sensors were triggered.  This could be useful later for general troubleshooting and things such as correlating video to sensors
- Automatic zone detection still doesn't work on my system.  Manual zone entry works fine.
- I think certain partition status messages during initialization will cause init to fail.  Still investigating
- I haven't been able to get arm/disarm with pin working so far.  It could be user error, but ideally I'd like it to work without storing any PIN on the device.

Ideas for improvements:
- Implement multiple log levels and break them down by area.  Make it easy to grep out initialization, communication, and events for troubleshooting purposes.  Today I typically do grep luup_log, which has more than I need.
- I might be able to write a different communications loop to handle out of sync panels and provide statistics on lost/corrupt messages
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:32:15 am by futzle »

Offline futzle

• Master Member
Re: Re: Plugin for Caddx/GE/Networx NX-584/NX-8E security system
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 04:12:50 am »
Hi patrick,

Knock yourself out adding new features to the plugin. I've about run out of inspiration with it; it does everything I need. If you can wangle a code.mios.com account then I will add you as a collaborator to the SVN repository.  I used Trac as a handy to-do list for features I wanted to add. I'm not married to it.