Author Topic: AutHomationHD 3.0  (Read 31337 times)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
Re: AutHomationHD 3.0
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 09:25:41 am »
Suggestion:
Drop the Local SSIDs ... When you detect a WIFI issue: a http://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php without a user ... If you get back anything you can select the Vera returned ... otherwise use the Preferred Vera remotely.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 02:49:16 pm »
Suggestion:
Drop the Local SSIDs ... When you detect a WIFI issue: a http://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php without a user ... If you get back anything you can select the Vera returned ... otherwise use the Preferred Vera remotely.

That is a great idea, however I do not want to rely on the mios sta servers to figure out if the device is on the same network. I can take your idea into a little different direct. When checking on wifi, I can check the ip address of the device and compare it to the configured vera ip address in the settings. I can also test the ip address to make sure vera responds to a simple query.

- Garrett

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 04:37:20 pm »
The only reason I though about checking the MCV server ... is for folks that have more than 1 Vera at different locations ... they will automatically select the correct Vera where they are Wifi connected.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 05:40:44 pm »
Good point I was thinking of the same. I'll have to do some thinking.

- Garrett

Offline oscarmax

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 10:23:59 pm »
Im trying to connect to my Vera lite from the app but haven't had luck when not on my wifi. Problem is that I don't want remote via micasaverde and have set upp my own tunnel with SSH but problem is that when connecting up via my phone and ssh tunnel I can't get AutHomationHD to connect to the Vera - Surfing to the Micasaverde web ui for it works while on the ssh tunnel but want the app to work aswell. Do you have any pointers how and is it a limitation in the app only going via wifi?

btw Very good and nice looking app.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 10:40:33 pm »
In the vera connection settings, choose local connection and enter the port created when making the tunnel and 127.0.0.1 for the ip address.

- Garrett

Offline oscarmax

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 05:27:54 am »
Tried it but it still doesn't work
This works setting up my tunnel on my phone and then use the find Autoconfig tool in AuthomationHD. It finds the Vera with the correct IP address I have on it in my network.
But it doens't find anything and can't connect after that.

Im using SSHTunnel https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.sshtunnel
Running it with global proxy.

Setting the local ip to 127.0.0.1 didn't help. Would be very neat to have this up and running so I can have a remote connection without beeing spied on by Micasaverde.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 07:11:53 am »
Unfortunately I do not use sshtunnel nor do I have my phone rooted. I either use openvpn or connectbot. Since sshtunnel writes iptables for socks connections, the only thing I can think of trying is configure your connection ip for Vera's correct ip address and see if that works. Since I can not test the app and try to guide you further, I will have to help you blind here. Can you provide me the details of how you have the Vera settings configured? You can pm me a screen shot or the details if you like.

- Garrett

Offline oscarmax

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 05:01:03 am »
Ok, the strange thing is that your app finds the vera with autoconfig tool -  but it cannot after that retrive any data. So I suspect the function for finding the vera doesn't run over same protocol or port. Read somewhere about AuthomationHD maybe becomming open source - then I would be able to debug it myself since I have rooted and running a ssh solution. Maybe even inlcuding the ssh tunneling into the AuthomationHD so there is that as an option for connecting to your vera.  I would supect that many ppl don't like the fact that their dependent on MicasaVerdes servers for remote connecting your just the fact that all their home traffic routes trough their servers and are saved.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 07:39:09 am »
The reason it finds your vera is because the app uses Mios's services to locate your vera using the following link:

http://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php

and

http://sta2.mios.com/locator_json.php

This returns because it is hosted on MCV's servers and not being detected from your Vera. Is the ssh server you are connecting to with SSHTunnel on the same network as your Vera? What settings have you tried in the Vera Connection Details? It would help to let me know what you tried. My app works perfectly with using a vpn and connectbot (using local port forwarding).

As for AutHomation going opensource. That is not happening any time soon. I am not sure where you read that. But it might have been an older discussion about someone asking if I would consider it and my response was that as long as I am active working on the app, it would remain close sourced for the time being.

- Garrett

Offline vespaman

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 03:18:19 am »
Good point I was thinking of the same. I'll have to do some thinking.

- Garrett

I just wanted to put a big +1 on handling multiple SSIDs one way or another, especially for us Sonos users - Sonos AP are great for this kind of use, since they have very good coverage in the house, but you cannot set the SSID on them to match your "normal" AP(s).

Offline oscarmax

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2013, 05:27:16 am »
Very strange that about sta1 and sta2 locator finding my vera since my vera is not accessible from their servers. It's totally blocked from the outside and the only thing It might use is then my external IP address which seems odd at least.

By the way is there a way of getting a debuglog or something out of the app.. Like getting the responses it gets and etc.
Cause it says syncing data and then I get Error : Invalid JSON response.

How do you set up with the connectbot?

The reason it finds your vera is because the app uses Mios's services to locate your vera using the following link:

http://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php
and
http://sta2.mios.com/locator_json.php

This returns because it is hosted on MCV's servers and not being detected from your Vera. Is the ssh server you are connecting to with SSHTunnel on the same network as your Vera? What settings have you tried in the Vera Connection Details? It would help to let me know what you tried. My app works perfectly with using a vpn and connectbot (using local port forwarding).

Offline oscarmax

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2013, 05:58:07 am »
Tried to PM you Garret but at it seems I don't have the access to write PM. :(

But heres my settings in your app.

Offline Otje

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2013, 03:58:08 pm »
Rooms and options are on the left and right panels. This is to allow as much screen real estate for the devices and scenes. You simply swipe left or right to access them.

- Garrett

Garrett
I always used your app. i deleted previous versions before installing 3.0  What i now notice is that everytime i start the app, the first screen is showing the rooms and options. i need to swipe to the right to see the devices. I searched in settings but i can not seem to change it. i would like it to show the devices when i start the app, not the rooms. can u help me?
VERA Plus, VERA 3 Lite , couple of PIR's, several switch units, wall mounted tablet, Sonos integration with TTS, Temperature sensors, Imperihome, Zwave LED bulbs

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
    • House Of Yu
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2013, 07:23:54 pm »
app works great. only minor thing is when pressing back button it first goes to the left pane and then exits, this is not a problem but when restarting the app again it starts in the left pane. would be nice if it starts in main screen.
multiple ssid would be nice too as i have 2 different wireless system 2.4 and 5ghz with different names.
get connection time-outs when issueing a command while on 3G and before command is done android auto-switch to wifi.
so far the authomation app runs a lot faster then v2 version and voice command works a lot better now.
great progress ! :-)

edit : thinking about multiple ssid and read the answers from richard .. probably its best to check the saved veras local ip's if they respond and accordingly connect local if it does and remote if it doesnt
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 07:29:28 pm by Da_JoJo »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl