Author Topic: Automator.app 1.6.0 Released (iOS 7 Support)  (Read 10188 times)

Offline automator.app

Re: Automator.app 1.6.0 Released (iOS 7 Support)
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 12:04:02 pm »
iOS 7 changed push quite a bit.  We will fix that in an update.  The next update will fix a crash as that is the most important outstanding issue.
Automator.app is dead.

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 08:00:21 pm »
Thanks for all your hard work in getting these updates out for us. I have the crash issue as well that I completely forgot to mention. I'm sure all these OS updates haven't been easy to work around with the app's updates but the new look is definitely solid!

Offline automator.app

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 08:02:58 pm »
Thanks for all your hard work in getting these updates out for us. I have the crash issue as well that I completely forgot to mention. I'm sure all these OS updates haven't been easy to work around with the app's updates but the new look is definitely solid!

To be honest we got caught a little off guard with the timing of iOS 7 release so we had to scramble to get something out.  You are seeing just some of the recent work -- its going to get better.
Automator.app is dead.

Offline richard_canada

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 09:41:40 am »
My issues

1- With multiple veras I get kicked out when moving from one to another
2- The icon sizes are all mixed up (camera sometimes in big window somestimes in very small one etc)
3- The prefered selections do not work well (turn on and off and on to get them)

I actually updated to ios 7 because I thought there was an automator update, what a bas idea
I was hoping to get multiple vera data on one screen. I want to see all the important data from
all my rental propeties at once....

Tks for your efforts

Vera2 (UI4) 1.1.1245, Kwikset deadbolt, Leviton VRI06-1LX x 6, VRCS4-1LX, HSM100 x 2, Intermatic CA3000 x 5, CA8900 Thermostats (baseboard w/relay) x 18, Pan BB-HCM531CE x 2, Foscam Cam./// Vera  UI5, Foscam x2, CT30 x2, CT100x2 (baseboard wi/ elay). /// Vera 3 UI5 Panasonic x 2, C100 (oil battery)

Offline sgruby

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 12:04:15 am »
I just bought the app and am wondering what the future development will bring us. I really like that it shows all my plugins including the one I wrote, but I have some issues with it.

• It's painfully slow on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3rd generation.
  • The network activity indicator doesn't stop spinning. Is it still trying to load stuff?
  • Some of the plugins aren't formatted correctly; on the overview, some plugins have 3 rows of buttons.
  • On the iPhone, I couldn't find an easy way to pick a particular room.

I have about about 79 devices which includes 37 Z-Wave devices. I suspect that this is a bit larger than the network you've been testing, but I suspect others are going to have similar speed issues. This is on a VeraLite and the rest of the network is running fine.

I'd be more than happy to test in order to improve the app as it looks like it has the most potential of all the iOS apps.

Thanks.

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 02:32:41 am »
Anyone else where it crashes when going to the scenes tab?
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline automator.app

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 09:05:41 pm »
Anyone else where it crashes when going to the scenes tab?

I am seeing this in in crash logs but cannot determine the cause.  I am unable to reproduce it myself.  If you can consistently reproduce this can you please email me at support AT automatorapp DOT com.

I have an update in review that fixes the iPhone scrolling issue, the iPad favorites issue, and a few other things.  It may fix this scenes issue as there are changes in that area but there is nothing specifically in it for this crash -- I just don't know what is causing it at this point.
Automator.app is dead.

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 02:32:39 am »
Email send, it is only my iphone, on the ipad everything works ok
Vera lite - Everspring smoke & flood detectors - Fibaro doorsensors - 2 Foscams - Greenwave 6 node smartplug - Several Switches -Netatmo - PLEG - Twilio - DropBoxuploader - FindmyIphone user

Offline Crismaison

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 01:27:23 am »
Did you get my email? New version still crashes on the scene tab

Offline automator.app

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 01:30:51 am »
Did you get my email? New version still crashes on the scene tab

I haven't had a chance to determine what your particular issue was.  There were no crash specific fix in this update, as stated;  whatever is affecting you and some others are not affecting vast majority of users.  We are still trying to diagnose. 
Automator.app is dead.

Offline Moxified

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 09:39:00 am »
I just pulled down this app on my iphone 5.  I like it a lot.. thanks!  It works much better on my ipad then my phone though.  On my phone I just get the swirling icon for all of my devices instead of what I assume would be the light bulb or whatever icon should be there.

A feature that I would love to see is support for jump to top of lists like in other apple screens.  When I scroll down through lots of items and then want to jump to the top, it takes a while.  Simply touching the top bar to jump there would be really helpful.

OH and as I type this, I just was messing around and the icons are starting to show up now.  Perhaps because I'm not directly connected anymore as I'm at work now?  The PLEG and Day or Night icon is still missing though.

Offline dblackmore

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 12:49:40 am »
I just download the automator.app, so far it is nicer then vera mobile that I was using.  I do have a bug in the app using it on my iphone 4s with iOS 7.0.4.  Under rooms/my rooms, some of the rooms labels are smaller font size then others.  For example: I have 15 rooms listed in my rooms, Den being the first room listed is bold and a easy to read font size.  The next room listed is Living Room and it is bold as well but a font size smaller and harder to read.  The devices and scenes listed under each room are all the same size font.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 11:58:23 pm by dblackmore »

Offline automator.app

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 01:32:29 pm »
The font adjusts it's size to fit he content.  This can result in different sizes
Automator.app is dead.

Offline dblackmore

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 12:28:25 am »
Got it, not a bug.  Still looks funny.  See attached photo.

Offline automator.app

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2014, 02:07:49 pm »
Got it, not a bug.  Still looks funny.  See attached photo.

There is something wrong with the label sizing as it shouldn't shrink until it uses up the entire width of the table cell.  I'll add it to my list.
Automator.app is dead.