Author Topic: Living With Vera - Tip Of The Day  (Read 59539 times)

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: Living With Vera - Tip Of The Day
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2017, 09:34:51 pm »
On your Vera dashboard, click on the > next to My Modes. On the page that opens, scroll all the way down for GeoFencing settings. Are both options checked? (set to away of no one home & set to home if at least one user home)
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline Jamr

• 007 Systems
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2017, 09:41:50 pm »
I am sorry you are having problems with your Geofencing. The few geofences I have set up for myself and others seem to be working great.
Your problems may be a hardware issue. Either way, I would call Vera and get it straightened out.
Once you get it working, it will be that simple.

Yes, changing your hose mode settings from your mobile device, changes them on your controller.

I get the notification that the Enter/Exit geofence has fired.  It just doesn't do anything.  The House Mode never changes.  When you said it might be hardware, what did you mean there?  The phones or the Vera?

And yes...you are correct that changing things on your phone changes them on the controller.  I get that.  My point was more about how an inadvertent touch on the wrong part of the screen can hose things up.  Would perhaps be better if the phone app didn't behave like the web page and commit changes immediately, for the very reason that it's easy to to touch the wrong thing on a phone screen.  Maybe "Save" and "Cancel" buttons, just to be sure that the user really wants to make changes.

I sent you a PM so we do not clog up this thread.

Offline homeuser

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2017, 08:25:55 am »
Finally got my VeraLite upgraded and working with Alexa.

Running an old iphone as as ipcam in the window of my front porch. The video is setup on a imperihome dashboad page.

I setup a scene with an imperihome goto dashboard page that goes to the page with only the camera.

When I say "Alexa run front door camera" imperihome running on the wall mounted tablet switches over to the camera allowing me to see who is at the front door.

I set up another scene allowing me to return to the main page via voice command too.

Offline 3rdStng

« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2017, 03:11:10 pm »
I setup a scene with an imperihome goto dashboard page that goes to the page with only the camera.

When I say "Alexa run front door camera" imperihome running on the wall mounted tablet switches over to the camera allowing me to see who is at the front door.

I set up another scene allowing me to return to the main page via voice command too.
I'm interested in how you did this. Just installed ImperiHome on my spare (old) tablet. I've been wanting to replace my old wall mounted weather clock and leverage my Netatmo more. This could possibly do it, and allow me to see the front porch. Imagine a scene with a RingTo or Vera Doorbell (when it is released) that will auto switch the tablet when someone rings the doorbell.

Offline Iron Man

« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2017, 05:52:31 am »
Do not buy dimmers to control light switch without neutral line!

Buy double relay and run neutral line from near by outlet to light switch. By doing this, we can save money, 1 double relay can control 2 lights.

Online treetop777

« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2017, 05:24:02 pm »

I'm interested in how you did this. Just installed ImperiHome on my spare (old) tablet. I've been wanting to replace my old wall mounted weather clock and leverage my Netatmo more. This could possibly do it, and allow me to see the front porch. Imagine a scene with a RingTo or Vera Doorbell (when it is released) that will auto switch the tablet when someone rings the doorbell.

+1

Offline 3rdStng

« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2017, 11:53:00 pm »
That's exactly what I did too. I also hooked a door sensor up to my doorbell so when someone pushes the doorbell button it flips to the page. It also immediately takes a picture then waits 5 seconds and takes another one.

Online treetop777

« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2017, 04:23:39 pm »
That's exactly what I did too. I also hooked a door sensor up to my doorbell so when someone pushes the doorbell button it flips to the page. It also immediately takes a picture then waits 5 seconds and takes another one.

Do you manually have to put back to the main page (page 0) or does it go back automatically after a certain period of time?  if so, how?