Author Topic: Ping Sensor  (Read 124072 times)

Offline Cor

Re: Ping Sensor
« Reply #570 on: December 15, 2016, 01:52:59 pm »

I have a ping sensor polling the AT&T Uplink IP address. If the poll fails for more than 20 minutes,

What have you setup at:
Poll Period   
Device Timeout 

?

Thanks,
Cor

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #571 on: December 30, 2016, 07:06:55 am »
Hi All,

I need help.  I am trying to use the ping sensor as a way to adjust heat and lights in my kids rooms.  However I have not been able to get Vera to report the correct state of the phone (i.e. the sensor will report the phone as being on the server and it is not or it is and the sensors state is not on).  I have changed the invert to report the correct state and then it still happens.  I noticed the earlier versions had two extra files S_AwarenessSensor.xml and I_AwarenessSensor.xml.  The plugin you download from the plugin store doesn't.  DO i need the files?  How do i get this to work correctly? 

Thanks

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #572 on: March 05, 2017, 03:45:58 pm »
Does Ping Sensor work with FQDN or only physical IP addresses? I made some changes to configuration today and in the process I replaced some IP addresses with FQDN and it appears to not have worked.
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher