ok now folks... when you get to the login page after making a new account and login on https://cp.mios.com/firmware
you can now click a link to find ur vera and it will upgrade to the new firmware when selecting ur unit. looks nice but not that much new indeed. like j.hoekstra says it goes to old UI look when going advanced.
edit: takes approx. 10 minutes to finish
errors found so far :
- degrees celcius is in fahrenheit numbers after selecting C in setup wizard >> can be set in advanced settings>setup>location
- Energy > energy profile not communicating with eemanager server
- User Profile > SMS confirmation code gives "Code" in sended SMS
- My Systems > Settings > Device Information :Application Version: 1.6.641 (probably right and not an error)
- My Systems > Setup Wizard available when allready gone through it
- UI alignment not correct
- UI plugin text not correct placed for some plugins . virtual switch for example.
- History > cannot delete multiple items at once
- Scene settings > no visible delay time in the list of actions, only in edit command in scene.
- advanced view>contact info>mobile > other mobile provider that was selected in view
- danfoss thermostate working but shows undefined in device tile and unneccessary buttons. see koburgs post below
- stellaZ thermostate has also a lot of unusable buttons and cannot set proper temp unless one is in advanced mode and there it has cold&hot tempsettings. still works ok when not touched.
- 3rd party apps that require remote login doesn't work. need to change the url to vera-ip/3480/ or vera.com
- vera-alerts doesn't seem to work.
- PLEG doesn't work 100%
- DLNA controller missing input in interface
good things :
faster responding z-wave
UI looks nice and more beginner friendly
everything seems to work
authomation HD still works only not from remote.
so far plugins seem to work ok, some don't but probably will get fixed.
bad things :
totally not new-user/noob friendly
to get to device-settings you would need a tomtom to find the place
some additions like home/away/vacation don't make sense, got no changeable names and can be done in scenes
some plugins like virtual switch not displayed correctly
not communicated with 3rd party developers/testers , so one has to guess how to remote login
2 different logins needed to get into your vera unit
new UI not auto-scaling to windowsize (is it so hard to do ??)
no announcement to users on forum that old cp.mios.com/firmware is going to new beta UI
new android app in store , look for : MMS Vera (who would've guessed ?)