I made the big mistake of installing the new firmware and upgrading to UI6 for my Vera Lite. It is a bit like I've been teleported to the Windows 95-days. The new interface is indeed good looking but poorly functioning and in many respect hard to understand.
1) I'm new to the Vera world and also a bit gullible, so I installed the new firmware without further notice. All my old settings and devices were suddenly gone. A modern system shouldn't do such thing, even DLink has passed this kind of behaviour years ago. Feels very much like Windows 95.
2) The old cp.mios.com/login.php does let you login. However, if you connect that way you get a "Unable to communicate with your unit." Using home.getvera.com/users/login, I'm able to login. Of course with a different user and password. Also, I'll have to use "special characters" in my password, so that I'm not able to use any of my very hard to guess machine generated passwords I'm used to. After some teeth grinding over that stupid stupidity, and after logging in, I'm able to communicate with my unit. The different logins to the same system is confusing and annoying, and "special characters" is also annoying.
3) The new interface is fine and shiny but with clear Alzheimer's disease problems. Thus, after entering my city three times, UI6 finally shows me the weather outside my window.
4) After including my lost devices again, I get some nice modern views of my sensors. I find my self thinking nasty thoughts about changing one of my devices settings. Of course, only in bizarro world would a man think that pressing settings under your device would take you to the settings for the device. Also, only in bizarro world would a man go to My System/Devices and press Edit to edit your settings. In the real Vera world, to edit your device settings you must go to My System/Settings to find ... nothing! You must press Advanced Settings under Settings, or Advanced Settings on any page. Confused? I am too. Very Windows 95-clunky.
5) After finally realising that Advanced Settings is the proper way to edit not so advanced settings for your devices, I do indeed press Advanced Settings. Suddenly I'm in a Back to the future-sequence, because the new shiny UI6 is no more, because now I'm redirected to the old UI5. Here I can press Devices and se my devices and press the wrench just like I'm used to. At the top, I have the possibility to go back to the new shiny useless UI6. Thank you, Windows 95.
6) With UI5, I was able to use the cp.mios.com/phone on my android. I liked it, it worked. It does not work after installing UI6. Why? I don't know, no information anywhere (I think). I contacted support, they informed me that the phone version doesn't work with UI6. Isn't it wonderful when support confirms what you already know?
7) After using this new UI6 I'm convinced that it SUCKS! So I decide to revert to factory settings, which in practice does not revert to factory settings. The firmware is the new one and I'm still in UI6, the only noticable difference is that my z-wave devices of course are gone. I google for some time just to realise that the old firmware and UI5 can't be found. Ahh, Windows 95-style.
It might be that I'm utterly ignorant and a complete newbie, but I don't find UI6 to be anything but an unstable horror that give me palpitations. It is beyond my mental capabilities to understand why someone would release this horror UI without a easy way to revert to a usable one. Minding that this the year of 2014, the very year that man can control his home remotely using Z-wave, I can't understand it.