Author Topic: Questions on usage from early adopters  (Read 7322 times)

Offline hadiesper

• Shifra Smart Homes
Re: Control Cube (iOS)
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 07:30:02 am »
Thanks Freddan101. I am not so sure yet about making it a single purchase. But we will definitely make it fair for us and for customers. Ill tell you what though, if it does go on separate purchase, I'll make sure to give you and other early supporters some free promo codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HadiEsper
http://www.shifrasmarthomes.com - 20 Fibaro Dimmers, 3 Thermostats, 1 Energy Meter, 2 Motion Sensors, 1 Temp/Hum Sensor, 2 VERAs, 5 Sonos Play:3 Zones, 2 TVs on GC iTach IR Control, 1 Apple TV on GC iTach, 2 Satellite Receivers on GC iTach, 1 XMBC MediaCenter, 10TB Synology

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 07:31:15 am »
Sounds excellent!  8)

Offline GR

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 04:52:21 pm »
First of all, I have to say I love the GUI!

It is really slick and with that soft tone with few colors causing it to be easy to the eye and will look good wall mounted. Basically exactly what I have been looking for, for whatever iOS or Android pad flush mounted in the wall, and permanently on. The only GUI I have seen so far that has looked really slick is the Fibaro HC2 GUI, which is out of reach as long as I stay with Vera. And for me personally I have to point out that I really appreciate the simple light bulb icons etc. in CC. Keeping a low number of colors makes it easier to blend in with other interior.

When that has been said, there are some minor issues. I did not read this thread before buying, so that I was aware not all devices would work etc. But anyways, since you are here, hopefully there are possibilities of getting what I am missing in a future version.

1. Edit: Had problems moving a whole bunch of rooms around in different floors/sections, but found this video which solved my issues, was not aware it was possible to choose section/floor under rearrange and get all the rooms listed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSjwzgF6uyU :)

2. After buying I noticed in the video that you mention Vera 2 or 3, but it seems it works with my Vera Lite? Any limitations?

3. I am missing humidity, temperature and lux/lumens sensors (Aeon labs 4-in-1 multisensor). The movement detection shows though.

4. I am missing power meter readings (NorthQ Power reader 9021).

5. Possibility of IP cam stream, ie. Foscam. What if the normal "control" part of the screen (not the upper banner) shows 1-4 camera streams when "idle"?

With the temperature sensors and and room organizing solved I think I will be running this as our "control center" for the house. The lumens/humidity sensors are not important as they are more for use in a scene/trigger, but I like being able to see the temperature for each room, and especially the garage, as it is important to keep it above freezing during the winter. I have also ordered a garage door sensor (angle sensor, ZG8101), not sure if I will need it displayed or if I will make a scene to show if the door is open or closed. The opener just needs an impulse so the feedback from the Fibaro device opening/closing is always off.

PS: I have bought almost all of the iPad/Android apps so far, AuthomationHD, HomeWave, Automator. I have been using Automator on my iPhone and AuthomationHD on a cheap Android pad.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 05:10:51 pm by GR »
Vera Lite UI7, 4x Fibaro FGD211, 4x Fibaro FGB-002, 5x Fibaro FGS211, 2x Vision ZM1601, 1x Remotec ZRC-100, 1x TKB TZ68, 3x Aeon Labs DSB05, 2x Remotec ZXT-120, 5x Vision ZD2102, 5x Fibaro FGSD-002, 1x Multireg floor thermostat, 1x Z-wave.me KFOB2, 1x NorthQ NQ-9021, 1x Vision ZG8101, iPad in wall.

Offline nitehawk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 06:53:13 am »

Hi,

Installed Control Cube and it looks great.

Couple problems:

I added the Vera and all rooms are created but I can't open my Livingroom, it crashes Control Cube everytime.

My Danfoss thermostats show (null) because they do not report temperature, is it possible to display the Setpoint (I see the correct setpoint when I open a Thermostat in Cube).
Battery devices do not display battery status.

Would love to see more plugin (Netatmo, Hue....) support in upcoming versions

Offline hadiesper

• Shifra Smart Homes
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 07:19:16 am »
@ GR and nitehawk. Thank you both so much for the constructive feedback and the nice comments about our work. I truly appreciate it!

I am going to include answers to both your threads in this post in order to make things easier for other forum users looking for answers.

1. Edit: Had problems moving a whole bunch of rooms around in different floors/sections, but found this video which solved my issues, was not aware it was possible to choose section/floor under rearrange and get all the rooms listed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSjwzgF6uyU :)

Glad you figured it out from the YouTube video. And I must apologize because this feature is not really intuitive to do. We will work on making it a more graphical drag and drop feature rather than having to manually enter a section number you want to move the room to.

2. After buying I noticed in the video that you mention Vera 2 or 3, but it seems it works with my Vera Lite? Any limitations?

No Limitations on VERALite. I also updated this on our website, sorry for the confusion.

3. I am missing humidity, temperature and lux/lumens sensors (Aeon labs 4-in-1 multisensor). The movement detection shows though.

4. I am missing power meter readings (NorthQ Power reader 9021).

In the current version, we do not have support for humidty,temp,lux sensors,power meter. I will make sure we do that in an upcoming update though. Please note that right now we are working on v1.3 along with an iphone app. ETA is about 2 weeks, after that, Ill focus on supporting these devices.

5. Possibility of IP cam stream, ie. Foscam. What if the normal "control" part of the screen (not the upper banner) shows 1-4 camera streams when "idle"?

We do not plan to support FOSCAMs any time soon. Because you can view them on control cube using the WebView Device. Just go to settings->add device->web view. And specify the URL to be that of the FOSCAM. For example: http://192.168.2.27

You can also put a URL specific to the MJPEG stream. Use this link to find out your CAMS MJPEG Stream.
http://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=foscam

added the Vera and all rooms are created but I can't open my Livingroom, it crashes Control Cube everytime.

I happened to bump into this bug yesterday! The issue is most likely that you have too many devices or scenes assigned to your living room. For some reason there is a limit of 1 devices/scenes per room and if it exceeds that number, the app crashes. This bug was completely not intentional and we will be fixing it in the next update. Please try making adjustments to your vera and let me know if it worked.

My Danfoss thermostats show (null) because they do not report temperature, is it possible to display the Setpoint (I see the correct setpoint when I open a Thermostat in Cube).
Battery devices do not display battery status.

I will have to buy a danfoss and test it out to know exactly what we can do to fix this. From what I see, we will most likely have to create a special plugin for this. If you like, we can temporarily put a "-" instead of "null" in the next app update. This way at least it doesnt look like something is majorly wrong!

Regarding battery status, we currently have no plans to put that into the app, but we will consider it in the medium-term.

Would love to see more plugin (Netatmo, Hue....) support in upcoming versions

The Cool Thing about Control Cube is that it is VERA independant. So technically, we can have a plugin for Hue or any other system with an API. It is the same concept we used for Sonos and XBMC integration. Btw, we plan to integrate NEST directly on our app as soon as NEST officially releases an API.  I will check to see if there is an API for Netatmo or Hue, if it is easy and straightforward, I can do it in the next update.

Thanks again to GR and nitehawk. You feedback and participation in this thread in invaluable. Please keep your feedback coming and always know that your comments are actually being taken into account in our upcoming updates.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 07:21:36 am by hadiesper »
HadiEsper
http://www.shifrasmarthomes.com - 20 Fibaro Dimmers, 3 Thermostats, 1 Energy Meter, 2 Motion Sensors, 1 Temp/Hum Sensor, 2 VERAs, 5 Sonos Play:3 Zones, 2 TVs on GC iTach IR Control, 1 Apple TV on GC iTach, 2 Satellite Receivers on GC iTach, 1 XMBC MediaCenter, 10TB Synology

Offline nitehawk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 08:07:03 am »
Netatmo api info: http://dev.netatmo.com/

Philips Hue api: http://developers.meethue.com/

Both api's are pretty straight forward.

Hope you can resolve the crash in the next version, I have about 30 devices and/or plugins just in my livingroom.
it is easy to get to such an number, the Hue plugin creates 7 devices when you use 3 bulbs (1 dimmer + 1 preset per bulb and 1 master device).
When you use several Greenwave Powernodes (also 7 or 8 devices per powernode) you get a lot of devices quickly.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 08:12:21 am by nitehawk »

Offline hadiesper

• Shifra Smart Homes
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2014, 10:03:19 am »
@nitehawk: I just bought a Netatmo weather station from Amazon. Looks like a pretty awesome product. I looked at the API as well, looks pretty staight forward. I will most likely integrate it into Control Cube Directly without needing the VERA plugin (actually you would still need that to trigger scenes based on its readings).

We will the 31 device limit bug fixed soon as well :)
HadiEsper

Offline The Giz

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 10:54:53 am »
I just downloaded the app and overall I think it's good but very limited; specifically, I cannot control my Yale lock which is a deal breaker for me.  The interface looks good, though I wish the images were crisp.

When are you planning to push the next update?

Offline d55m14

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 11:07:45 am »
Hi,

I just downloaded the app but I can't connect my Sonos system. Any idea ? I have a Bridge and a PLAY1.

Tnks

Donato

Offline hadiesper

• Shifra Smart Homes
Control Cube (iOS)
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 11:19:53 am »
@d55m14: thanks for downloading control cube. Can you please give a bit more detail about what you did.
Do you know the play:1 IP address? You can get it from either your router or from the "about my Sonos" in the Sonos apps settings.

Then in control cube just add device -> Sonos -> enter IP , name, and select the room that the Sonos belongs to. Then click add. It should say "Sonos added successfully"

HadiEsper

Offline d55m14

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 11:24:46 am »
@d55m14: thanks for downloading control cube. Can you please give a bit more detail about what you did.
Do you know the play:1 IP address? You can get it from either your router or from the "about my Sonos" in the Sonos apps settings.

Then in control cube just add device -> Sonos -> enter IP , name, and select the room that the Sonos belongs to. Then click add. It should say "Sonos added successfully"

Tnks for reply. I did as you suggest and the Sono was added successfully but when I click on the Icon I receive the msg : "No Connection to Sonos".

Offline hadiesper

• Shifra Smart Homes
Control Cube (iOS)
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 11:25:35 am »
Do you have Sonos playlists saved from the Sonos app?

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:38:43 am by hadiesper »
HadiEsper

Offline d55m14

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 12:08:57 pm »
I have a link to a library (folder) on my pc.

Donato

Offline hadiesper

• Shifra Smart Homes
Control Cube (iOS)
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 12:16:08 pm »
The control cube plugin only works with Sonos Playlists. I should have had a better display message to explain this, sorry for that.
Try to create a playlist. It should appear in the "Sonos Playlists" in the Sonos app. Not the Sonos favorites. Then Control Cube should work perfectly fine with Sonos.

Please try this and let me know. I'll make sure to improve this on a next update.

Btw, even though it says no connection but play/pause/next and volume will work. I know it's a bug, but that's because I display "no connection" not when there is no connection but when there are no playlists. I'll correct this soon.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:22:33 pm by hadiesper »
HadiEsper

Offline The Giz

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 03:29:24 pm »
@hadiesper

Can you address my comments?  Thanks