Author Topic: How to revert UI6 back to UI5?  (Read 22915 times)

Offline aa6vh

Re: How to revert UI7 back to UI5?
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2014, 10:29:37 am »
I have tried multiple times to revert to I5 with no luck. The "upgrade" fails. Is there a way to download a .bin file and update the Vera?

Have you called Vera support to get the force upgrade flag reset?

Offline daniel.codo

Re: How to revert UI6 back to UI5?
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2014, 05:29:08 am »
Hi there everyone! I'm a newbie at the forum and using Vera and had the same problem some of you had after trying to downgrade the unit to UI5. My dashboard is completely blank and when I click at the "Advanced settings" I just get a blank page with the message "404 - Not found". I understand you managed to fix it, right? Can you help me please? Thank you very much in advance!! Best, Daniel

Offline Anitadot

How to revert UI6 back to UI5
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 09:02:05 pm »
Hi,

How to back up all the folders/files created in Knowledge base?
I have accidentally deleted a folder before and I cannot find it anywhere so I have to do it all over again.

Can you please advise how can I create a back up for all the files in Knowledge base?

Thanks in advance.

Offline missmansirao

Re: How to revert UI6 back to UI5?
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 01:30:24 am »
They haven't communicated this well for the new users... When you downgrade to UI5, you need to create a UI5 account via cp.mios.com. It can be the same username but the distinct difference is, where the getvera account contained special characters, the cp.mios.com account cannot.

Once, you created the account, you can then assign the unit to the account. If you use multiple account, they will also need to be recreated. You can then log in via, cp.mios.com, cpui5.mios.com or through getvera.com. If you use getvera.com, it will establish the account type according the the password entered.  See

http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=3887

While you're designing UI6, or UI5, or whatever the next version will be, please try to reduce the number of mouse clicks required to get things done.

For example, after saving a lua script, I have to dismiss a modal dialog box whose sole purpose seems to be to let me know that I just clicked the "save" button. Instead of interrupting my work by forcing me to dismiss that dialog box, just show the word "Saved" below the button. That way I get to see the 'Ack' that you want to show me, but I don't need to take my hands off the keyboard, hunt for the mouse, position it over the button, and click, before I can resume typing.

Similarly, after clicking the big red "Save" button in the top-right, I'm taking to a screen whose sole purpose is, again, to let me know that I clicked the Save button. Again, it would be better to acknowledge my click in a way that doesn't put a speed-bump in front of the next thing I want to do. The status indicator at the top of the screen already shows what's going on, and the Save button already turns into a Reload button, so I really don't see any value in forcing me to click a button as well.

It would also be great to have a "Save script and update devices" button on the LUUP page. Right now, after editing a script, it takes 5 clicks to test my changes. Multiply that by the four scenes I was working on yesterday, and you will probably see why I got tired of having to click on things.

Thanks!