Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 3552 times)

Offline hadiesper

• Shifra Smart Homes
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 02:08:06 pm »
Hi GR. Thank you for the feedback. I am so happy that you like Control Cube!

Regarding Weather updates. This will happen when you press the refresh app. Honestly I have not been able to find a good weather API to support control cube. Most have a limit on the number of requests. The one I have now has 1000 request per day limit and that limit is exceeded everyday, so I do need to switch it to another service. But I am a bit inexperienced in this realm so if you or anyone else can give me some suggestions I would really appreciate it. But you are right, updating of time and weather is not real time and will have to be fixed.

Regarding your next question. You should be able to re-add the same vera without creating duplicate devices. In some cases it doesn't work properly and creates duplicates and this is why I created a device called "VERA Manual Scene" this will enable you to add a specific scene using the scene ID (but only works for scenes). I will work on improving that as well.

Thanks again for the feedback.
HadiEsper
http://www.shifrasmarthomes.com - 20 Fibaro Dimmers, 3 Thermostats, 1 Energy Meter, 2 Motion Sensors, 1 Temp/Hum Sensor, 2 VERAs, 5 Sonos Play:3 Zones, 2 TVs on GC iTach IR Control, 1 Apple TV on GC iTach, 2 Satellite Receivers on GC iTach, 1 XMBC MediaCenter, 10TB Synology

Offline GR

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 04:27:43 am »
Apparantly I've done it wrong then. I thought one had to clear the database first. Don't know why that was my logic, but I will try without clearing next time then.

I understand the issues with the weather polling, but when it comes to the time that should be easy to get real time?

As for the 1000 poll a day limit for weather, I would think that should be sufficient for anyone? However I have no experience in app developing and don't know how it is all connected. If possible I would say stop updating on key press and instead update weather every 15 minutes. That would be 96 updates every day. Or maybe the built-in weather function in iOS allows polling more often?
Vera Lite UI7, 4x Fibaro FGD211, 4x Fibaro FGB-002, 5x Fibaro FGS211, 2x Vision ZM1601, 1x Remotec ZRC-100, 1x TKB TZ68, 3x Aeon Labs DSB05, 2x Remotec ZXT-120, 5x Vision ZD2102, 5x Fibaro FGSD-002, 1x Multireg floor thermostat, 1x Z-wave.me KFOB2, 1x NorthQ NQ-9021, 1x Vision ZG8101, iPad in wall.

Offline hadiesper

• Shifra Smart Homes
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 06:03:43 am »
Hi GR, the 1000 polls a day is the limit to all user of Control Cube worldwide not for each individual, this is why this plan is not sufficient as it caps out every day and I need to find an alternative weather api.

I don't think there is any service providing free unlimited real time access to weather. It would make sense though if apple has an api to access the same weather service as the weather app uses. But honestly, I need to read a bit more about this topic and see what is the best option moving forward.
HadiEsper
http://www.shifrasmarthomes.com - 20 Fibaro Dimmers, 3 Thermostats, 1 Energy Meter, 2 Motion Sensors, 1 Temp/Hum Sensor, 2 VERAs, 5 Sonos Play:3 Zones, 2 TVs on GC iTach IR Control, 1 Apple TV on GC iTach, 2 Satellite Receivers on GC iTach, 1 XMBC MediaCenter, 10TB Synology