We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Beta 4 version of the Sonos plugin released  (Read 10268 times)

Offline dinochronos

Re: Beta 4 version of the Sonos plugin released
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2014, 07:03:42 am »
RExBeckett thank you for the very well detailed instructions to use WINSCP, everything worked perfect as detailed in your instructions!

Offline dinochronos

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2014, 07:12:20 am »
Lodomo, I uploaded the 7 files listed in the code mios document from the  beta 4 zip files

D_Sonos1.xml
D_Sonos1.json
I_Sonos1.xml
J_Sonos1.js
L_Sonos1.lua
L_SonosTTS.lua
S_Sonos1.xml

Although I noticed there is one more file I was not sure to load as was not listed in the instructions:

D_Sonos1_UI4.json

Should this be uploaded too via Vera Apps ...

Thanks !

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2014, 07:47:00 am »
Lodomo, I uploaded the 7 files listed in the code mios document from the  beta 4 zip files

D_Sonos1.xml
D_Sonos1.json
I_Sonos1.xml
J_Sonos1.js
L_Sonos1.lua
L_SonosTTS.lua
S_Sonos1.xml

Although I noticed there is one more file I was not sure to load as was not listed in the instructions:

D_Sonos1_UI4.json

Should this be uploaded too via Vera Apps ...

Thanks !

It is explained in the wiki that this file is for users running UI4. In this case D_Sonos1_UI4.json has to be renamed into D_Sonos1.json. This file has to be ignored for UI5 users.

PS: your list of files is incomplete. Some services files are missing. All details relative to installation process are described here: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_sonos-wireless-music-systems#
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 07:52:16 am by lolodomo »

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2014, 07:50:09 am »
The install is outlined here,  http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_sonos-wireless-music-systems

It is pretty simple. You will need WINSCP if your a windows user or if you are MAC you have the Terminal.

About 1/2 way down the page if you follow the docs exactly you will be in business.

Since I have the older plugin installed... is there any reason I need to WinSCP in to upload the png's?  Can I just reload the new files through the apps tab in Mios?  Should I delete the current devices first?

If you already have all the PNG files, no need to upload them another time with WinSCP. It depends on the age of your previous version, but in the last versions, I remember I have added a new icon for the Play:1.

No need to delete the current devices.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2014, 10:37:28 am »
The install is outlined here,  http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_sonos-wireless-music-systems

It is pretty simple. You will need WINSCP if your a windows user or if you are MAC you have the Terminal.

About 1/2 way down the page if you follow the docs exactly you will be in business.
perfect, thanks!
Since I have the older plugin installed... is there any reason I need to WinSCP in to upload the png's?  Can I just reload the new files through the apps tab in Mios?  Should I delete the current devices first?

If you already have all the PNG files, no need to upload them another time with WinSCP. It depends on the age of your previous version, but in the last versions, I remember I have added a new icon for the Play:1.

No need to delete the current devices.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2014, 02:04:43 pm »
awesome... looks great!!!!!

Offline tomgru

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2014, 02:28:06 am »

Ah... I think i'm confused.  Looks like "beta 4" is not the same version you are testing with the Alpha of Authomation, correct? 

Offline tomgru

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2014, 03:09:15 pm »
:P  ... Yeah.. I guess you need all the files ... :)

Works great yes!!

I seem to have the right TTS tab... have tried to input text and "say".  I can actually see via my sonos desktop app that something is happening, but I don't hear anything, even with the volume turned up.   Sure i'm just missing something. 

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2014, 04:35:56 am »

Ah... I think i'm confused.  Looks like "beta 4" is not the same version you are testing with the Alpha of Authomation, correct?

Yes, for the alpha version of AutHomationHD, you have to use my development version (trunk). There is not a lot of differences with the beta 4 but one is important for AutHomationHD (change of the device type).

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2014, 04:38:00 am »
:P  ... Yeah.. I guess you need all the files ... :)

Works great yes!!

I seem to have the right TTS tab... have tried to input text and "say".  I can actually see via my sonos desktop app that something is happening, but I don't hear anything, even with the volume turned up.   Sure i'm just missing something.

Please read the topics relative to TTS, same advices were given several times.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2014, 06:10:43 am »
I fixed a little bug to have a correct behaviour in the Settings tab just after a device creation (+ free browser cache).
That will be included in coming version 1.0.

Offline Svstud86

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2014, 06:25:45 pm »
hi long time lurker.  The Plugin seems to be working great except I can not get the TTS to work.  When you click play tts, I get "unable to play 'Say.63.mp3' access is denied"

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2014, 04:27:12 am »
Check you have not secured your Vera unit (Setup => Unit Settings)