Author Topic: Acculink Platinum ZV Control  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Hatorade

Acculink Platinum ZV Control
« on: March 25, 2014, 01:00:37 pm »
My uncle and I recently took on a project to automate his home. the particular locks he ordered were schlage, which they are supposed to be pair with the home nexia, they ended up pairing nicely and work just fine with the vera 3. he enjoys having the automatic locks on his house, and the next project was to add a thermostat to the vera 3. The problem is the according to the HVAC place he ordered the air conditioning system from the only thermostat that would work with his HVAC and able to be monitored without being at the house was the Acculink Platinum ZV control. Its also Home nexia :-( the company came and hooked it all up for him but im puzzled on how to get it to work with the vera 3, any suggestions?

Offline Hatorade

Re: Acculink Platinum ZV Control
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 07:13:59 pm »
update! i have found out that this particualar thermostat is a wifi thermostat and im not sure about how to go adding the thermostat for wifi. only way i can can clearly see is to add a thermostat via the zwave. I have also checked to see if i can login to the thermostat via the IP address that it was givin. unfurtunately it does not ask for anything is just says cannot find webpage.

Offline ChrisQXR

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 01:00:09 am »
I looked up that thermostat and it SHOULD be z-wave compatible, so you should add it as a z-wave thermostat.

The thermostat is also software upgradable, so go to its manufacturer's website and download the software.  You use an SD card to load the software onto the thermostat.

As far as Z-Wave vs WiFi, the two are very different.  Z-Wave is a protocol expressly designed for home control.  So when you add a thermostat the thermostat just says "Hi, I'm a thermostat" and Vera immediately knows how to talk to it.

WiFi on the other hand is a generic networking technology.  You can run almost any sort of signalling over WiFi, and there isn't really a standard way for things like lights and thermostats to communicate over WiFi. 
Some thermostats (such as NEST) have plugins written, the plugin knows how to speak that thermostat's particular language and can talk to it over WiFi.  However without such a plugin, Vera will not generally control WiFi devices.

Offline Hatorade

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 12:49:56 pm »
Thanks for the reply! 8)

I have downloaded the software update before i install the update will it keep all the settings that the air conditioner guy had to come out and setup for his air conditioner or will it do like a "factory reset" and have to reprogram it to the HVAC ???

Offline rpieket

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 02:11:48 pm »
Any update on this?

I have the same thermostat. As far as I can figure out, this device can connect to Nexia via wifi only, not z-wave. This may explain why my VeraLite can't connect to it. I hope I'm wrong.

-Ron.

Offline scottresnik

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 08:35:30 am »
I'd be interested to hear an update on this as well.  I have a similar system and am currently using a phone line (yes POTS :( ) to alter temperature.