So, you did it. You got firmware 3.3 on your PE953 MultiWave pool controller. Congratulations!
(If you didn't, see here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,24371.0.html
Now, you have to connect Vera, the PE953 pool controller (the hard wired part) and the PE653 (the handheld part). For those who did this with MultiWave firmware 3.1, you certainly remember having to remove the batteries from the handheld PE653 after pairing. The geniuses at Intermatic (usikeman on this forum) fixed that problem somewhere after 3.1 and up to 3.3. No more unscrewing the battery cover to reset the PE653.
Let's get into it. The gist of this comes from dkeefe. Thank you dkeefe and thanks to everyone for assistance getting this to work.I just got sick of looking for pg 8 of the 20+ page forum to find the core post!
This is Vera interface UI5 (Vera firmware 1.5.622). The Z-Wave firmware (Setup | Z-Wave Settings) is 2.78L:1.
Note: I have not tried this process with Z-Wave firmware 3.20.
- Wake up the PE953
- Press and hold P/S and ENTER for a few seconds
- Bring the PE953 near the PE653. (don't worry about where Vera is) Choose #2 - RESET DEVICE
- On the PE653, press The BUTTON (inside the screwed door). Expect to see SUCCESSFUL
- On the PE953 Re-enter the config screen. Choose #1 - RESET CONTROLLER
- Choose #1 - RESET NET AND CFG
PAIR (include) the wired PE653 controller with VERA
- Bring Vera near the PE653.
- Press the Vera Zwave button. Zwave LED will flash
- Press The BUTTON on the PE653. It should flash a bit, then the ZWave LED should flash a bit.
- Press the Vera Zwave button again. Wait until the Zwave LED turns on and remains on steady, then return Vera to her home.
- Look at Vera's devices. You will now have six devices. Five are the contacts, one is the controller.
PAIR (include) the PE653 to Vera
- Start Vera looking for new ZWave devices
- Bring the PE953 handheld close to Vera and get to the config screens again. Specifically, the CNTRL OPTION page.
- Choose #2 - RECEIVE NET ONLY. (Happy days! No battery pull needed!)
- End Vera looking for devices. She will add a seventh SCENE CONTROLLER device now.
Wait! The PE653 now shows OUT OF RANGE
. The calamity! Hold on to your britches, son.
PAIR (include) the PE653 and PE953
- Get the PE653 and PE953 close together.
- On the PE953 handheld, get to the config screens. Specifically, the LEARN MODE page.
- Choose 3 - INCLUDE DEVICE
- Press The BUTTON on the PE653. You'll see some flashing and you'll see SUCCESSFUL on the PE953 display.
- Get to the config screens again. Specifically the CNTRL OPTION page.
- Choose 1- PRIMARY SCREEN SEL.
- Set the PRIMARY SCREEN SEL to PE653 (not ZWAVE).
- Press ENTER and ENTER to exit the configuration.
You now have the PE653 and PE953 linked with VERA!
Please let me know if I made mistakes or oversights in this. Once it is in good shape, I will put it on the MIOS wiki for all to enjoy.
EDIT: Fixed the PE653/PE953 confusion. Thank you GWNorth and DBeck52 for the comments.