well i installed the UI7 beta via the UI6 interface and must say it looks a lot better now.. i forgot to turn off the local security thingy in device setup but it still worked. so after making a new user login for the beta i tried to connect and it didn't work that great as i saw a page with only the word "save" and a link to advanced which gives some weird unfinished webpage stuff. i could login locally with the session key got from remote login from getvera.com login. i installed the UI7 beta in UI7 beta itself just to make sure things are upgraded and that worked ok.
note for those who install the UI7 beta :
on top it says device busy all the time and you can make a backup, do this. then after pressing upgrade firmware nothing changes and the timer does not run, it does however upgrade. look at the bleu led flashing rapidly and then going slower blinking. it starts vera again after some while and then when all leds are on you can go to the new beta login website and make a new user with the same name and pass as u had for UI6, so everything works as it did in UI6 and you dont have to change the logins and stuff.
like in UI6 i could not validate my phone.. only sends a sms with the words "Validation Code" .. mail validation works though.. it says page not found after putting the validation link but its working. after getting a lot of mail notification about some log thing i cant figure out, i reached quota.
first thing missing is the on/off switches
? some plugins that seem to screw up the main interface : samsung remote, system info, wunder weather, system monitor.
using setup wizard it works but since i got allready devices configured i got stuck at that page and cannot complete wizard.
the 3G failover is enabled and cannot be disabled. cannot do manual z-wave heal as it does not respond to the button. had to reboot vera 2 times somehow it stopped responding to the webuserinterface which is userinterface crash and not a vera crash.
scene creation works ok but i cant find the advanced LUA input section. it also messed up 2 scenes which i had which uses triggers for battery empty status. fixed those and works ok now.
development Test and startup LUA do work though.
the android app doesnt connect local / link not doing anything. logging in and connect seems to work but ends up in a view of devices and then stops working with no reason, its not the plugins as i removed these from dashboard. using S3 with android 4.3 . authomation latest beta for ui6 does work on ui7 thank god ! its here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,17457.0.html
some things look like the're not working on UI7 but are in systemsettings ok. secure unit seems off , it was on in UI6. remote_only is on, not found in UI7 interface. 3G wan failover says on in UI7 but is in fact off.