Author Topic: Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ Plugin  (Read 133153 times)

Offline tomtcom

Re: Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ Plugin
« Reply #735 on: February 16, 2017, 10:50:43 pm »
If you had actually read the post where I state the MyQ is supported by the Wink Connect plugin, you would know that the Wink Connect automatically disables (and excludes) MyQ support if the MyQGateway plug is installed. To enable MyQ support in the Wink Connect Plugin you MUST uninstall the MyQGateway plugin (or delete the MyQGateway Plugin device if the plugin was manually installed).

LOL, sorry man didn't mean to strike a chord. :) I did have the MyQ app uninstalled and no device present. I will try the MyQ plugin first and then Wink as needed.

Offline tknick

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #736 on: February 17, 2017, 06:11:36 am »
v1.36 working for me with Liftmaster!  Thanks again Cybrmage for all the ongoing work you have put into this project. 

Offline symonsaz

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #737 on: February 17, 2017, 07:03:19 am »
Thanks Cybrmage!
without your support, i was going to throw my q in the garbage and resort to generic zwave garage door openers...
we all owe you

Offline ember1205

« Reply #738 on: February 17, 2017, 07:31:48 am »
Executing curl from the command line results in a lengthy error about a self-signed certificate in the chain.

The mychamberlain domain does NOT use a self signed certificate... Hence... I you are getting an issue with a self signed certificate, your DNS server is NOT pointing to the correct webserver... hence... You have a DNS problem.

The error makes a statement about a self-signed cert - I'm not saying that a self-signed cert is actually in the bundle. Typically, this error occurs when the "browser" being used (curl, in this case) is not aware of at least one of the CA's that is involved in signing either the root or intermediary certificate and it will throw this kind of error.

I will repeat that this is NOT a DNS problem.

I will also point out that the code you've written uses the "-k" flag with curl which TURNS OFF validation of the security chain. While this will work around the problem of the error that I see without using that flag, it turns off all checking of the certificate and leaves this app exposed to man-in-the-middle and other attacks that could expose the accounts of the users.

I am able to get v1.36 of the code to work.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:49:05 am by ember1205 »

Offline rosw3ll

« Reply #739 on: February 17, 2017, 09:52:06 am »
1.36 is working for me as well, Liftmaster / UI7
Thank you cybrmage!!

Offline 1937BCS

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #740 on: February 17, 2017, 03:44:39 pm »
V1.36 works perfect for me also!

Thanks!

Offline kendad

« Reply #741 on: February 17, 2017, 04:07:55 pm »
Deleted my old files and replaced with v1.36. My Chamberlain openers are working once again. Thanks. Will you be updating the Vera Apps page so this update occurs automatically? Getting ready to reset my Vera unit and it would be nice if the app updated without having to copy the files manually.

Offline ember1205

« Reply #742 on: February 17, 2017, 04:40:04 pm »
For further validation that my issue was NOT related to DNS, and to hopefully improve the security of this app overall, I downloaded the Root and intermediate certificates that are used to sign the certificate for www.mychamberlain.com and www.myliftmaster.com. I don't know the status for the Craftsman site, but I would expect it's the same.

By putting the attached text into a file and then using it with the curl command with the --cacert option, it ensures that there are NO problems with SSL validation because the root certs are used in the local text file, but more importantly it ALLOWS for verification of the certificate (which is not currently being done, and is not recorded properly in the log files - the '-k' option is left out).

@cybrmage, I strongly encourage you to add this security to the app and make the root certs part of the distribution since the built-in curl is pretty "stupid" with regard to being able to understand all of the different CA's that are out there.

Offline NewfD90

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #743 on: February 18, 2017, 10:32:55 am »
Latest is working great here too, and the weird DISABLE/Chamberlain status is gone.

Thanks again!!!

Offline jcolter

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #744 on: February 18, 2017, 12:57:39 pm »
Latest 1.36 Is working for me as well using Chaimberlain MYQ branded device.  Thank you.

Can anyone tell me what the IU7 GDO mode and Enhanced status buttons are for in the plugin?

Offline Nameless

« Reply #745 on: February 18, 2017, 12:58:46 pm »
Working again on version 1.36. Thanks for all your work on this cybrmage!

Offline jcolter

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #746 on: February 18, 2017, 01:19:11 pm »
Latest 1.36 Is working for me as well using Chaimberlain MYQ branded device.  Thank you.

Can anyone tell me what the IU7 GDO mode and Enhanced status buttons are for in the plugin?

Well I went ahead and changed the GDO mode and it modified the icons in Vera (After a reboot) to Garage doors, however PLEG doesn't pick these up anymore (not in the device list when you create a device trigger) so I had to revert the change.  Anyone get GDO mode working with PLEG?  Still not sure what the Enhanced status button does.

Offline JJLINK

« Reply #747 on: February 18, 2017, 02:02:43 pm »
How exactly do I update this?

This is what I did and usually what you have to do when updates are posted to the forums.  Your mileage may vary, but these are my overly simplified instructions for UI7.  I'm new to Vera and only have a UI7 device, but I'm sure dedicated UI5 users have the process down  :)

Here you go:
1. Download the zip for version 1.27
2. Unzip those to a directory on your home computer.
3. Login to your Vera Controller's Web Interface
4. Click on "Apps" on the left-hand sidebar to expand it, then click on "Develop apps"
5. Now look toward the right hand side and click on "Luup files"
6. You will probably see the menu change to say "Luup files" with a big green "Upload" button.
7. Make sure that "Restart Luup after upload" is checked.
8.  Highlight the files that you unzipped on your computer in step #2 and then drag them over to the "Upload" button.
9. Wait a second or two for them to upload and then try using your Garage Door again.
10.  Thank @cybrmage for helping us all out.

Thank you very much, @cybrmage.  I owe you a beer, a few bucks or a few more "Thanks" posts!

These are the directions for uploading the file.

I followed the instructions above to install v1.36; however I don't see the MyQ app as being installed. If I start with the old version installed and follow the instructions above to update it always still says v1.12.
What am I missing? Thanks
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 02:11:43 pm by JJLINK »

Offline tknick

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #748 on: February 18, 2017, 07:31:42 pm »
The app itself will only show 1.12 until the App is officially reviewed and approved by Vera.  You can check what version you are actually running by going to the MyQ device, scroll down to the bottom and click on "advanced", then the variable tab.  Scroll down and you will see PLUGIN_VERSION.  It should say v1.36 if you are running the most current version. 

Offline CelticWebs

Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ Plugin
« Reply #749 on: February 18, 2017, 07:33:51 pm »
Have you considered adding it to the alt App Store?  I use that with alt UI and that seems to be a lot more up to date than equivalent versions of the same plugins in mios / Vera App Store. 

Be much easier for many if this was already in the alt App Store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk