Author Topic: Guide for installing Foscam 8910W and 8918W as camera and motion sensor.  (Read 35245 times)

Offline Wekurtz74

Awesome.  Ok, assuming you have pleg and veralerts.  set a trigger for motion detected from that device

create a trigger   tCarportMotion   Carport Motion armed is tripped
create a condition cCarportMotion  tCarportMotion and (!tCarportMotion; Now > 0:20:00)
create an action and in the advanced send a veralert with the following message
     Carport Motion {Picture(108)} {Picture(110)}        this is sending a picture from two cameras, device 108 and 110

if you only want one camera, i think it is
Carport Motion {Picture(108)}   change 108 to the device number of your camera

if that is too vague, let me know.

Thank you for taking the time to assist me with this,  I am going to work on it.  Believe it or not, I have not used either before.  I have installed both plug ins and will poke around a little bit and see what I come up with. 

Offline pentium

Please give them a try because it is so freeing to get one pleg event under your belt.  I am a novice but i think you can get there with the info i provided.  if not, i can do some screen shots or you can read the pleg documentation.  Force yourself to try pleg, I just can't tell you how helpful it is.  The action part of pleg is the scene developer so if you have done that before, then you just have to create the trigger, condition, and action.  Keep us advised.

Offline pentium

And the dashboard view will clear up over time.  Not sure what resets it, but do not try to fix it, it is just a timing thing.

Offline rd

• Sr. Newbie
Hi Pentium -

I am still having troubles with this and am hoping you can help.  I have "Foscam Ip Camera" 1978 installed and none of the other apps you said to be wary of installed.  However, when doing the manual add the drop down list does not include Foscam.  I tried using Vistacam PT since I read that it was a repackaged Foscam, but when I do that, once I get to the screen where it says it says it is unable to see an image, there is no "Add" option, only cancel.  I am using UI6, but the Advanced (old UI5) interface, and have Device Firmware Version 11.37.2.59 and Device Embeded Web UI Version 2.0.10.12 also.  I was able to see the image in Vera using a generic  camera, but it does not have the pan and tilt functionality working or motion sensing as an option under Advanced.  Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

RD

Offline Wekurtz74

Awesome.  Ok, assuming you have pleg and veralerts.  set a trigger for motion detected from that device

create a trigger   tCarportMotion   Carport Motion armed is tripped
create a condition cCarportMotion  tCarportMotion and (!tCarportMotion; Now > 0:20:00)
create an action and in the advanced send a veralert with the following message
     Carport Motion {Picture(108)} {Picture(110)}        this is sending a picture from two cameras, device 108 and 110

if you only want one camera, i think it is
Carport Motion {Picture(108)}   change 108 to the device number of your camera

if that is too vague, let me know.

I understand the trigger and condition, but am getting lost on the action portion.    There seem to be two "advanced" tabs (one under the PLEG window, and another when I try to edit the action)  and I am basically getting lost here.   When I go under advanced in the edit action window, I can select the FOSCAM cam, but I am then prompted to have it do something which then presents other options which confuses me.  I have read though the PLEG basics, but it just is not sinking in on the actions. 

Offline ryan219

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Guide for installing Foscam 8910W and 8918W as camera and motion sensor.
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2014, 05:12:09 pm »
On what step on this guide should I actually be able to see an image of my camera?

Offline rd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2014, 05:05:10 pm »
Can anyone confirm if they have got this working on UI6? Thanks.

Offline inonlevy

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2014, 10:09:34 pm »
hey,
the guide was excellent and it added me the option of motion sensor,
but i can't use it,
its on arm and when i try to change it i get: No implementation
any ideas?
thanks

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2014, 09:07:23 am »
I get stopped at step 9. Vera doesn't create a device. Everything works well up to this point.

This is consistent with other problems I've had with Vera accessing IP devices. I don't know why it's happening, though.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline leonqli

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2014, 02:40:55 pm »
On what step on this guide should I actually be able to see an image of my camera?

Similar problem here. It doesn't work....

Offline pentium

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2014, 10:57:46 am »
DeltaNu, I vaguely remember having a similar problem and finally found that if i scrolled down on the screen there was something to click there.  And that finally made things click for me.  I will try to install a camera today and see if I can get to that same point and send more information. 

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2014, 12:13:15 pm »
DeltaNu, I vaguely remember having a similar problem and finally found that if i scrolled down on the screen there was something to click there.  And that finally made things click for me.  I will try to install a camera today and see if I can get to that same point and send more information.
I've actually upgraded to a Vera 3 since my last attempt. I'm supposed to receive another camera today, a 9831 I think, and I'll probably try again in the next couple of weeks.

Offline pentium

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2014, 12:15:41 pm »
A bit off topic, but I have just received a new vera 3 and currently using a vera lite.  I am going to give one of them to friends that just bought a lake house.  Was it very complicated to migrate to a new controller?  I think I saw instructions somewhere, but would like to know if it is worth the trouble. 

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2014, 01:54:23 pm »
A bit off topic, but I have just received a new vera 3 and currently using a vera lite.  I am going to give one of them to friends that just bought a lake house.  Was it very complicated to migrate to a new controller?  I think I saw instructions somewhere, but would like to know if it is worth the trouble.
It was actually very painless. There's a wiki on it. In essence, you backup the z-wave network on your existing controller, and then restore the z-wave network on the new controller. You do need to change a port (z-wave dongle). The only problems I ran into were related to the USB ports, and even that I was able to resolve in just a few minutes.

Offline zwavefan

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2014, 01:10:00 am »
I couldn't install Foscam app on my Veralite, it kept coming up with "installation failed".
But I was able to install via Cameras-> add cameras.
And then adding to cgi script - ?user=<USER>&pwd=<PASSWORD>
Thanks!