Author Topic: Guide for installing Foscam 8910W and 8918W as camera and motion sensor.  (Read 36329 times)

Offline SponsorSFC

Re: Guide for installing Foscam 8910W and 8918W as camera and motion sensor.
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2014, 02:47:58 am »
I just got my first 2 cameras set up  :)

Thank you for the guide.

Offline Pducharme

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2015, 10:59:22 pm »
I tried following that guide.

I have a FI8910W, I did the Email and Alarm config on the cam WebUI first.  I had previously installed VistaCam and Foscam HD and Foscam IP camera Plugin.   I removed them all and just reinstall the #1978 app, but like other, my Dropdown doesn't list Foscam...

Is anyone successfully fix that issue ??

BTW, i'm on a VeraEdge UI7 (1.7.961)

Offline DeltaNu1142

I tried this again tonight. Same result as the last few times. The camera won't add.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline Kryckmeister

FW-updated my 8909w today. Could never imagine it would be chaotic with Vera afterwards. Did almost everything in your guide... no dice. Found your guide, works like a charm.

If you can't get your cam to work, get some help making sure each step is done correctly.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 05:15:51 am by Kryckmeister »

Offline vageesh79

Great writeup was trying so hard to get it work.I got all the part and get okay from url also motion triggers but i don't get a picture on my mail.Tested the mail on camera gui and its working. Any idea. I am trying to hook wireless bell with door sensor. When someone press doorbell the camera motion sensor should activate and send me pic in mail from foscam camera.I am using foscam fi8918w.

Offline ssubo

• Sr. Newbie
This guide worked like a charm for most of my Foscam cameras, except the FI9821W V2, which uses the I_Foscam98HD.xml implementation file. Any thoughts on how to make it work with this camera? Tks!

Offline swfire271

Try a seach, should be several threads on the V2 like this one:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,32441.msg238706.html#msg238706

This guide worked like a charm for most of my Foscam cameras, except the FI9821W V2, which uses the I_Foscam98HD.xml implementation file. Any thoughts on how to make it work with this camera? Tks!

Offline ssubo

• Sr. Newbie
Thanks for the suggestion. The camera is working, however, I wasn't able to add the motion sensor following the instruction posted on post #1. Those instructions worked for all the other foscam cameras except this one, and I assume it is because it uses the Foscam HD implementation file.

Any thoughts on how to add the motion sensor for this camera (email and motion sensor are already enabled in the camera's UI).

Tks!

Offline wantedfoot

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2015, 01:24:16 am »
You have brought me out of lurking with this amazing post!!!  Thanks a million to the OP!!  When I combined your post with the steps found here==>>http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=11027.435
jeep<<== I was finally able to get the motion sensor on my camera!  Maybe I shouldn't be so excited since I haven't actually tested it in a scene yet but whatever you get bonus points for sharing a tip that actually works when one reads the fine print very very closely. Lol. Thanks again! I feel like a kid in a candy store again!  ;D

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2015, 12:21:11 pm »
Thanks OP! So using this guide after upgrading to UI7 I was finally able to create two working instances of the motion sensors for my two Foscam cameras.

One question: anyone know what the "IgnoreTripTime" variable does? Is that saying after the motion sensor is tripped ignore a consecutive trip for x seconds??

What's everyone using variable-wise for Ontime, IgnoreTripTime and their level of camera sensitivity? I'm playing around with the 3 variables to try to find the optimum setting for being sensitive enough to record actual motion vs being too sensitive where the cameras record shadows on the walls..etc.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:14:05 am by agoodman82 »

Offline PrincessCleavage

• Sr. Newbie
I have two foscams setup and working using this method, thanks!
But I can not get the night vision motion detection to show in the Vera motion plugin and only seems to work when the room is lit. (night vision alerts work fine with the foscam software). Any idea what setting I should check or change to enable night vision motion detection in the Vera motion plugin app?

Offline rrelande

hi,
thanks for a great guide and the functionality seems amazing. However, like others, despite removing the Vistacam PT and installing the Foscam plugin 1978 i will get blocked.
Upon "Please select the camera type", the "Foscam" is not available.
I am using Vera 7.
was anybody else able to configure the Foscam under UI7?

thanks in advance,