Author Topic: Vera Blue Iris Unofficial Plugin  (Read 126427 times)

Offline wadesready

Re: Vera Blue Iris Unofficial Plugin
« Reply #630 on: February 17, 2017, 05:15:21 am »
I'm also having a tough time getting this running with Vera.  I have BI setup and working.  I can log in to the remote view using my local IP and port 81 and see the test camera working great.  When I head to Vera and put in my username and password to the BI plugin (following the YouTube video for UI5) I get "Not Connected!"

When I start fresh with a new camera I get "Failed to receive image from camera, please try again."

I've tinkered with settings, changed the camera names and mini names to no avail.  Is there something that I'm missing?

Vera:
You are running the latest version: 1.7.855
Blue Iris 0.6

EDIT:  I ended up finding the answer I was looking for buried in the 42 pages that currently are this topic.  There is a checkbox in Blue Iris under the "Web Server" tab called "Secure Only".  Once that was unchecked everything started working in Vera.

Dude you are my hero!!!!!

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #631 on: February 17, 2017, 08:01:01 pm »
I'm also having a tough time getting this running with Vera.  I have BI setup and working.  I can log in to the remote view using my local IP and port 81 and see the test camera working great.  When I head to Vera and put in my username and password to the BI plugin (following the YouTube video for UI5) I get "Not Connected!"

When I start fresh with a new camera I get "Failed to receive image from camera, please try again."

I've tinkered with settings, changed the camera names and mini names to no avail.  Is there something that I'm missing?

Vera:
You are running the latest version: 1.7.855
Blue Iris 0.6

EDIT:  I ended up finding the answer I was looking for buried in the 42 pages that currently are this topic.  There is a checkbox in Blue Iris under the "Web Server" tab called "Secure Only".  Once that was unchecked everything started working in Vera.

Dude you are my hero!!!!!

Yeah! I needed to re-read this post and then find the check box in Blue Iris but my cameras are working now in Vera. Could be not having adequate time to digest it the other day early in the morning before work.

Offline pentium

« Reply #632 on: February 22, 2017, 08:44:26 am »
This is just a stunning app.  Thank you so much for all of your efforts in developing and sharing this amazing tool. 

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #633 on: February 22, 2017, 11:51:31 am »
Now that I've got this and the motion sensors set up in my VeraPlus, is it possible to have Vera send a command to Blue Iris to trigger the cameras?

Scenario: Motion, window/door or glass break sensor is triggered in Vera and Vera tells Blue Iris to start recording. I think that using Blue Iris to record to the HDD it is using is better than having Vera record internally.

Also, I still have no idea where Vera puts the recordings it is taking when the cameras are triggered and I fear running out of internal storage space too.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #634 on: February 22, 2017, 12:17:05 pm »
Now that I've got this and the motion sensors set up in my VeraPlus, is it possible to have Vera send a command to Blue Iris to trigger the cameras?

This plugin uses Blueiris built in http commands. Blueiris is capible of alot of things and weather you using the plugin or use a scene/PLEG or what ever you can send your own commands to blueiris without the use of the plugin. Same goes for the other direction.

So in your case an easy way to trigger blueiris to record is using this in a scene.

http://BlueirisIPAddress:PORT/admin?camera=CAMSHORTNAME&trigger&user=USERID&pw=PASSWORD

There is a list of commands bleuiris excepts if you search google for Blueiris HTTP commands. I think way back in in the beginnning of this thread a list is also made and discussions on how to use HTTP commands in a scene.

Some of us also didn't want vera bogging down with the camera images so instead we used a virtual motion sensor and have Blueiris trigger the virtual motion directly without the camera images being streamed into vera.

You can also change your BI profiles via Http commands and a scene. If Its day or night if you home or away the profile vera (and day night plugin, geofences) can change the profile for you in BI. This will help change sensitivities for outside cameras or stop recording inside images when you home or what ever you need.   

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #635 on: February 22, 2017, 04:59:25 pm »

This plugin uses Blueiris built in http commands. Blueiris is capible of alot of things and weather you using the plugin or use a scene/PLEG or what ever you can send your own commands to blueiris without the use of the plugin. Same goes for the other direction.

So in your case an easy way to trigger blueiris to record is using this in a scene.

http://BlueirisIPAddress:PORT/admin?camera=CAMSHORTNAME&trigger&user=USERID&pw=PASSWORD

There is a list of commands bleuiris excepts if you search google for Blueiris HTTP commands. I think way back in in the beginnning of this thread a list is also made and discussions on how to use HTTP commands in a scene.

Some of us also didn't want vera bogging down with the camera images so instead we used a virtual motion sensor and have Blueiris trigger the virtual motion directly without the camera images being streamed into vera.

You can also change your BI profiles via Http commands and a scene. If Its day or night if you home or away the profile vera (and day night plugin, geofences) can change the profile for you in BI. This will help change sensitivities for outside cameras or stop recording inside images when you home or what ever you need.

I'll be trying that out pretty soon.

Since you aren't using your Vera to view images from you cameras, what do you use, particularly in a mobile environment? The Blue Iris App is $10 per device (I have android and my wife is stuck on iPhone) Is there any other decent app? I see some in the play store but don't know much about how much more these apps do beyond what the Vera BI Plugin does so I'm contemplating whether to buy or not.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #636 on: February 22, 2017, 06:06:15 pm »
I use Vera to monitor 4 cameras and 1 composite image of the 4 cameras - feeds from Blue Iris. VeraMate makes it nice to quickly glance at images when alerts come through.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #637 on: February 22, 2017, 09:30:25 pm »

I'll be trying that out pretty soon.

Since you aren't using your Vera to view images from you cameras, what do you use, particularly in a mobile environment? The Blue Iris App is $10 per device (I have android and my wife is stuck on iPhone) Is there any other decent app? I see some in the play store but don't know much about how much more these apps do beyond what the Vera BI Plugin does so I'm contemplating whether to buy or not.

No app will compare to the blueiris APP period. So I do have the blueiris app on every device. It 10.00 per account so I only pay 10.00 for all the androids in my house. If you have ios and androids well then yes another 10.00.

I do use Imperihome for all my home automation and that has options for live camera streaming (no playback)

I also have used and bought IP CAMERA VIEWER app I use that for work cameras as hey don't use blueiris.

Thing is none of the apps compare to what Blueiris app can do. Going back to see a recording for a few hours ago to a few days ago is not possible on most apps. Doesn't do much good to get a motion notifcation and pull out your phone and nothing is in the live stream anymore.

So what I actually do is:
Set your controller to know if anyone is home or not. Also have some outside motions active when home but exterior doors haven't been opened for sometime meaning we are inside and haven't went out. When you get that setup have it pull a still image when motion is triggered and push it to you phone. I get a quick notification and pops up an image (I use tasker to do this) If I see something wrong in the still I open the blueiris app. If I see the mailman I return the phone to my pocket. I tend to open blueiris if i want to know whats going on at home and feel like browsing the cameras.

The blueiris app and software have nice control of keeping a good looking image but lowering the bitrate to not have freezing and shuddering when I don't have the fastest cell coverage. My other apps like ipcamera viewer require alot more setup to try and accomplish that. You need to setup a 2nd stream on each camera and tweak settings in each camera to try and keep quailty up but skipping and even first load time down. When you have 3 and 4MP cameras a cell connection cant handle it and not all cameras have good compression type formats to do what blueiris app does across the board with all cameras in one adjustment.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #638 on: February 23, 2017, 07:44:04 am »
Great write up on the BI mobile app. I will spring for the $10, cough $20, today. Thanks!

Offline BruceNH

« Reply #639 on: February 23, 2017, 12:34:53 pm »
I am a recent convert to Blue Iris and this plugin. The plugin is great once you get it working. For me the big plus is the ability to use the cameras motion detectors in Vera scenes. I have ended up with a lot of different cameras and trying to do this directly without BI and the plugin proved impossible.
Just a setup note on my experience. I had a lot of issues  getting Vera to recognize the cameras when I used the "create camera" button in the BI plugin app control. In fact I only managed to setup one camera this way.
I had everything right as far as I could tell and was able to post the URL in the camera setting into a browser and see an image no problem.
After much frustration I decided to try to create device under the "develop app" tab. This method is shown in the BI plugin video. Using this method I  had zero issues adding any of my cameras. and am now a happy camper.
So, if you are new to this and have problems like me try the "develop app" tab.
Cheers and a big thanks to the plugin developer for such a great job.
(I have a Vera 3 running U15)

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #640 on: March 01, 2017, 03:34:46 pm »
I am a recent convert to Blue Iris and this plugin. The plugin is great once you get it working. For me the big plus is the ability to use the cameras motion detectors in Vera scenes. I have ended up with a lot of different cameras and trying to do this directly without BI and the plugin proved impossible.
Just a setup note on my experience. I had a lot of issues  getting Vera to recognize the cameras when I used the "create camera" button in the BI plugin app control. In fact I only managed to setup one camera this way.
I had everything right as far as I could tell and was able to post the URL in the camera setting into a browser and see an image no problem.
After much frustration I decided to try to create device under the "develop app" tab. This method is shown in the BI plugin video. Using this method I  had zero issues adding any of my cameras. and am now a happy camper.
So, if you are new to this and have problems like me try the "develop app" tab.
Cheers and a big thanks to the plugin developer for such a great job.
(I have a Vera 3 running U15)

So you only have one ipCam set up through the BI plugin still?

For each ipCam you want to set up to connect to BI, use the ip address and port plus the log in credentials for the BI server and then specify the camera by the camera short name you used for it in the BI server. This is in the Advanced>Extra Parameters>Variables section of the camera. For me it is like this:

URL: /image/Cam2?q=80&s=80&time=now
DirectStreamingURL: /mjpg/Cam2/video.mjpg

Offline paulmon

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #641 on: April 03, 2017, 11:13:40 pm »

Can anyone tell me if UI7 needs changes to have Blue iris send motion alerts to Vera?  I was running the BI plug in on UI5 for ages, just did an upgrade to UI7 (Had to factory reset) and can't get the motion to work in UI7 worked flawlessly in UI5.  Nothing on my BI has changed, but the URL in the "biveratools.bat" doesn't seem to work:

http://192.168.0.23:3480/data_request?id=lr_blueiris_tripped&test=A&sensor_id=31

The above worked fine in UI5 but with UI7 I get a "no handler" error - I've uploaded the luua files to my UI7 Vera, something about the above URL isn't right when it comes to UI7

Anyone?

Paul

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #642 on: April 04, 2017, 07:02:59 pm »
I use the plug-in Virtual Motion Sensor. You create a child motion detector tied to the camera. I do not remember the setup details but make sure each BI camera is already set up.  Hopefully you already have this setup.

In BI, I use this command to trip Vera: <vera_ip>:3480/data_request?id=action&output_format=xml&DeviceNum=<child_virtual_devivce_#>&serviceId=urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:VMotion1&action=SetTripped   
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline paulmon

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #643 on: April 06, 2017, 02:57:58 pm »
I use the plug-in Virtual Motion Sensor. You create a child motion detector tied to the camera. I do not remember the setup details but make sure each BI camera is already set up.  Hopefully you already have this setup.

In BI, I use this command to trip Vera: <vera_ip>:3480/data_request?id=action&output_format=xml&DeviceNum=<child_virtual_devivce_#>&serviceId=urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:VMotion1&action=SetTripped

I got that to work, but I also know that the Blue Iris plugin itself has virtual motion devices built into the plugin, that's what I was trying to get working.  But this works, thanks!

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #644 on: April 06, 2017, 06:18:11 pm »
I think that is a matter of sending BI a command to change the profile.  I have a scene set up with LUUP to arm/disarm BI: luup.inet.wget("http://<BI_ip>:<BI_port>/admin?profile=1&lock=2&user=<BI_ID>&pw=<BI_password>")

I only have 2 profiles so it either arms or disarms BI.