Author Topic: Vera Blue Iris Unofficial Plugin  (Read 139656 times)

Offline BruceNH

Re: Vera Blue Iris Unofficial Plugin
« Reply #645 on: April 07, 2017, 02:32:28 pm »
So you only have one ipCam set up through the BI plugin still?

For each ipCam you want to set up to connect to BI, use the ip address and port plus the log in credentials for the BI server and then specify the camera by the camera short name you used for it in the BI server. This is in the Advanced>Extra Parameters>Variables section of the camera. For me it is like this:

URL: /image/Cam2?q=80&s=80&time=now
DirectStreamingURL: /mjpg/Cam2/video.mjpg
[/quote]
-----------------------------------------------
Thnx but this did not work for me for some reason.

I now have 8 cameras setup but I could only add them via the  Develop App section.

I set up each one like this:
"Create a new device (apps --> develop apps --> Create device), enter the following

Upnp Device Filename: D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml
Upnp Implementation Filename: I_BlueIris.xml
Ip Address: <IP ADDRESS OF BLUE IRIS server>:<Port>
Click "Create Device"
Reload Vera"

This give me all the cameras. So once this is done I just go to advanced and change the "cameraname" to the BI Short Name.

BTW sorry for the length of time it took to reply. I am not familiar with this bulletin board system and a I thought i would get an email if someone responded to the thread.

Cheers

Offline RogerO

« Reply #646 on: May 29, 2017, 01:45:55 pm »
Hello,

I am trying to use PLEG to change the profile on my Blue Iris server based on the mode (Home, Away, Night and Vacation). Using the following LUA code:
luup.inet.wget("http://192.168.0.143:81/admin?profile=1&lock=1&user=XXXXX&pw=xxxxxxxxxxxx"). It works intermittently but is very inconsistent. If I post the http command in a browser, it is always successful and almost instantaneous. Any suggestions?

Roger

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #647 on: May 29, 2017, 02:15:17 pm »
Hello,

I am trying to use PLEG to change the profile on my Blue Iris server based on the mode (Home, Away, Night and Vacation). Using the following LUA code:
luup.inet.wget("http://192.168.0.143:81/admin?profile=1&lock=1&user=XXXXX&pw=xxxxxxxxxxxx"). It works intermittently but is very inconsistent. If I post the http command in a browser, it is always successful and almost instantaneous. Any suggestions?

Roger

I don't think your problem is with PLEG and I'm not sure exactly what test you have don't to come to that conclusion. But I'm gonna take a wild guess and say your problem is not that it don't change but that it doesn't stay in that position (locked) for long. I use the "LOCK=2" command vs. you have  "LOCK=1"

If you look back at page 15 replay #221 I posted the following.

Ok guys A little update and more features for us. First the temp profile time seems to be ok, but still missing the beat usually 1 to 2 times a day (I can see VERA run my BI Fix in the logs when it happens). I think this is do to BI updates or computer/BI program restarts, haven't pinned that down but I found a solid solution anyways.

Working with Ken at BI I now have an HTTP command to Run, Temp or Hold the profile.  By adding "lock=x" to the current Http command you can now choose how you want to run that Profile.

lock=0   RUN
lock=1  TEMP
lock=2  HOLD

Example:
luup.inet.wget("http://IPADDRESS:PORT/admin?profile=1&lock=2&user=XXXXXX&pw=XXXXXX")

So this command would "HOLD" profile "1" when ran.

So lock #1 would only temporary set the profile but will not hold it. So after a set time (its set in blueiris) the profile will revert back and leave you in the wrong profile then what you think you should be in. Now if you have tested and it just doesn't change at all then I'm out of place, but if your problem is after some time you check and notice that the profile is wrong then it may just be that you not locking or holding the profile (lock=2) until the next change.

You browser test is probley an instant test and you don't leave it long enough to flip back after a temporary hold. 

hope this helps.

Offline RogerO

« Reply #648 on: May 29, 2017, 02:41:47 pm »
Thanks for the response. Here's my setup and how I am testing.
I have 2 outside cameras and one inside camera. To satisfy the WAF, I want to disable the inside camera when vera is in home mode. It is activated in Night, Away and Vacation mode. I have geofencing set vera to Home if either of us are home. To test I have disabled the inside camera in profile 1. While watching the BlueIris webpage I can cycle through the profiles and the inside camera will show up or disappear depending on the profile. This works perfectly from the BI app on the BI server while monitoring the BI web page. When I change modes in Vera, it successfully changes the BI profile 60 % of the time. Seems to fail mostly going back to home mode from any of the other modes.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #649 on: May 29, 2017, 03:41:02 pm »
Thanks for the response. Here's my setup and how I am testing.
I have 2 outside cameras and one inside camera. To satisfy the WAF, I want to disable the inside camera when vera is in home mode. It is activated in Night, Away and Vacation mode. I have geofencing set vera to Home if either of us are home. To test I have disabled the inside camera in profile 1. While watching the BlueIris webpage I can cycle through the profiles and the inside camera will show up or disappear depending on the profile. This works perfectly from the BI app on the BI server while monitoring the BI web page. When I change modes in Vera, it successfully changes the BI profile 60 % of the time. Seems to fail mostly going back to home mode from any of the other modes.

Test the correct command above and report back.

Offline RogerO

« Reply #650 on: May 29, 2017, 04:17:13 pm »
The more I play with it, the more I think it is related to BI being busy.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #651 on: May 29, 2017, 10:25:28 pm »
The more I play with it, the more I think it is related to BI being busy.

I have never had that. Whats the CPU Usage?

Offline RichardPHarvey

« Reply #652 on: June 23, 2017, 10:21:40 am »
I do exactly what you're doing and I have 8 1080p camera's so I don't think it's BI being too busy.  What is your CPU usage ..?

Offline RogerO

« Reply #653 on: June 23, 2017, 10:49:26 am »
Sorry to not reply a while back. I got everything working, though at this point not sure what changes I made anymore.

Offline rfryar

« Reply #654 on: July 13, 2017, 10:12:21 am »
Can this plug in be updated to support the secure webserver option?  Since I use the web interface and have it exposed I do not like having my credentials sent in the clear just to support this Vera plug in.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #655 on: July 13, 2017, 01:12:48 pm »
Can this plug in be updated to support the secure webserver option?  Since I use the web interface and have it exposed I do not like having my credentials sent in the clear just to support this Vera plug in.

I know we looked into this in the past and there was an issue where it wouldn't work. I think BI said that was for them using their own app and server. I don't think they were willing or able to share what is needed behind the scenes to complete a secure connection with a 3rd party. I'm sure due to security concerns and keeping that secure between the two products they support without.