Author Topic: Working PlotWatt integration script  (Read 13809 times)

Offline FireBird

Re: Working PlotWatt integration script
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2015, 08:35:31 pm »
Try checking the Plottwatt api website, you can also Putty into your Vera that's what I did.

https://plotwatt.com/docs/api

Adding Meters to your House

$ curl -X POST -d "number_of_new_meters=2" http://3b0f9e9a9d98137c:@plotwatt.com/api/v2/new_meters
[123,214]

Only POST request is allowed.

Note that you cannot have more than 50 meters total.

Offline dannieboiz

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2015, 08:36:39 pm »
what's the password for Vera? I tried my default and root but no go

Update: Scratch that, I found the password... let me try this again
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 08:48:39 pm by dannieboiz »

Offline dannieboiz

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2015, 09:01:56 pm »
I think I'm almost there, got my meter id generated (2 of them) I only add the 1st one to the lua file. went through the rest of the process, plotwatt also shows my 2 meter. I'm not seeing any real time update or any update yet. Does it take while for anything to update?

Also, which of the two meter ID is correct? How do I confirm that vera accept the .lua file I uploaded?

on the website under "connected gateway" I'm getting "no_connection"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:14:37 pm by dannieboiz »

Offline FireBird

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2015, 08:35:50 am »
"on the website under "connected gateway" I'm getting "no_connection" " Mine shows this too, but it's working fine might be a bug on the PlotWatt website.

Offline winebob

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 12:02:07 pm »
I'm trying to do a comparison of PlotWatt and Bidgely services.  PlotWatt is working just fine for me and I have the Bidgely lua from earlier in this thread.  What I'm not sure about is if I need to do another curl and if so, what are the parameters of the curl command.

Thanks

Offline ffstork

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2015, 02:24:42 pm »
Thank you very much flaquito!  The Bidgely integration is working flawlessly!  I'm hoping to get some disaggregation a little quicker than with Plotwatt, I've been using Plotwatt for a month now and I have yet to get any appliance level information which seems to be a common problem with Plottwatt.

Offline ffstork

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2015, 02:34:01 pm »
winebob, I had Plotwatt setup first like you and I was able to just plug in the necessary info into the Bidgely lua file, upload it, and run it at startup and it is working great.

Offline dannieboiz

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2015, 08:27:23 pm »
nevermind the original question....

For whatever reason, I'm unable to get this to work. Got the Meter ID, API and everything correct
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:45:51 pm by dannieboiz »

Offline maja

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2015, 10:19:24 pm »
I followed the instructions in the first post and also used that lua file (with adjustment). I read all the other posts and made sure I have things right. I did create two meters and do see those in plotwatt. After a while I got a graph but everything is 0. Going into Settings->Connected Gateway I see Current Status = no_connection. Why is this not working? Note that I am using Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS Energy Switches.

Offline maja

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2015, 02:23:51 am »
It suddenly occurred to me that maybe the no_connection does not mean anything. Maybe this is meant for when plotwatt is retrieving data but in our case we are pushing data, hence plotwatt does not make any connections. I might be wrong but based on this I started to look into the lua file. I followed the code but could not really see anything wrong. I then turned the debug flag to true but that didn't produce more data in the log file (not sure where that debug information is going to). I also saw that retrieved wattage is divided by 1000. In my case the wattage is very low (about 30W) so if this is an integer division it will go to 0. Hence I changed the division to 1000.0. At some point plotwatt actually started to show some data. I then did try to figure out what made it show the data but could not reproduce it except for the fact that at one point it did go back to 0 (note that I also unplugged the device a few times for testing) and then showed some values again.

I realized that when looking at the graph I can also download the data points. It turns out that the last data entry was more than 1.5h ago. Maybe plotwatt is running behind or maybe they are blocking me because I pulled up the graph too many times (there is some 60s limit but I am not sure if that also applies to pulling up graphs on their website).

At this point I think I have to let this whole thing rest and check later again. Later on I will check if maybe the change from 1000 to 1000.0 made data appear. Or maybe it's just vera that is acting up (considering that suddenly several people have the same problem that is a quite possible scenario). Anyways, I am just writing this in case somebody else is looking into this and maybe finds these observations useful.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 02:28:39 am by maja »

Offline ffstork

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2015, 03:36:33 pm »
I have the Bidgely script working, but it is reading very high.  On my vera dashboard I will see 7,290 watts and Plotwatt has an accurate reading of 7.29 kW, then I look at Bidgely and see a reading of 441144 with no units listed after it.  I also keep getting alerts on my phone through the app that show "High usage alert Your usage of 31.61 kW exceeded the threshold"  with value that exceeded it changing drastically and there have been no such actual spikes in usage.  I have tried to make sense of the numbers and they seem be in the neighborhood of 60x the number of watts being reported.  Could this possibly be due to the script reporting every 60 seconds?

Offline TwannieM

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2015, 06:56:23 am »
Hi

I am very interested in this but not sure how to setup reading the posts..
Should I setup as described in the first post?

Offline ffstork

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2015, 08:27:57 am »
Twannie, yes follow the instructions in the first post to begin uploading data to Plotwatt.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 10:07:38 am by ffstork »

Offline mystic860

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2015, 09:16:08 pm »
The notation within the lua says

-- For each meter, specify the PlotWatt meter ID and Vera Device ID

This however does not say how.

would this be correct for 3 meters and 3 devices?
PW_DEVICES = {
    {node='vera', meterId='xxxxxxx','xxxxxxx','xxxxxxx', deviceId=xx,xx,xx, serviceId='urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1', serviceVar="Watts"},
  }

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:37:31 pm by mystic860 »

Offline mystic860

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2015, 07:14:46 pm »
Anyone out there still using this?