Author Topic: Working PlotWatt integration script  (Read 11072 times)

Offline sic00

Re: Working PlotWatt integration script
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2015, 10:10:48 pm »
got my bidgely up and running easily. thanks flaquito for the script !

Offline fullmoonguru

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2015, 08:12:26 am »
I tried the Plotwatt script again but it doesn't seem to be working in UI7.  And I'm getting the "line 1 column 1" xml parsing error that others have shown when I try to view the file.  Has anyone figured this out?

Offline fullmoonguru

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2015, 11:42:47 am »
Anyone?

I just looked at Bidgely but apparently now you can only get in through your utility (if they have it available).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 12:41:39 pm by fullmoonguru »

Offline yzfr1

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2015, 05:50:44 pm »

Offline Lims

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2015, 11:55:58 am »
I tried the Plotwatt script again but it doesn't seem to be working in UI7.  And I'm getting the "line 1 column 1" xml parsing error that others have shown when I try to view the file.  Has anyone figured this out?

I am seeing a similar issue with UI7, have tried it multiple times with multiple different ID's and cant seem to get it to feed data out. Is there a way to enable debugging and see the results locally? (not sure where the debugging results go.) Or similar is there a way to verify that packets are being sent out through a command line tool?

Offline wezzix

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2016, 11:11:58 am »
NOTE: The PlotWatt script in the first post is no longer working. Attached is a working script prototype as of today, based on the work of flaquito.

The reason that the original script does not work is that it only transmits energy values as they change, whereas PlotWatt requires a regular update for the sent values to be valid. This updated script uses a timer instead.

This information is from Zach at PlotWatt:
"It makes sense that the code which is sending data to plotwatt might be doing it wrong.  If we don't receive any data points for a period longer than 2 minutes, we consider that missing data.  It is up to the client code to report data at every interval it has data for, even if there is no change since we can't otherwise tell the difference between missing data and unchanging usage."

I leave this code to the community to develop as you see fit.

I do no longer use PlotWatt however, since I discovered a better online solution. http://emoncms.org/ is a free open source platform with modern graphics.

I posted the emoncms.org integration script in another thread: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,35953.0.html
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:08:11 pm by wezzix »

Offline peterv

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2017, 04:47:15 pm »
Both Bidgely and PlotWatt closed or promised to close access to end users. The only official way to use them is thru your electric company, assuming your electric company is using them.

Bidgely still work for me even though they sent me an email that it would stop on 12/31/2016.

PlotWatt I can log in to but I am not able to pick my house from a list. Luckily I still have the specific URL to my house bookmarked, so I am able to see data. However they stopped reporting temperature.

Neither one of them was ever able to de-consolidate data for me. Most likely because I have a two stage AC unit.

Time to try emoncms.org :)