Author Topic: Zipato Miny Keypad/RFiD  (Read 26583 times)

Offline stef3569

Re: Zipato Miny Keypad/RFiD
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 01:14:45 pm »
I talk about places to store the codes. There are 255 places, that means the mini keypad can store 255 different codes (including tag codes !). For example, 2 pin codes + 5 tags take 7 places.
Talking about combinations, of course you can use several times the same digit, but the pin codes are not only 4 digits. You can register pin codes from 4 to 10 digits ! So there are many more combinations than 256... the response is 4^4 + 4^5 + 4^6 + ... + 4^10... I let you calculate :-)

Offline lipster

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 11:58:49 pm »
Any update on this.  Looks like a cool solution to making a keypad for arming and disarming security system.

Offline lemrock

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 12:36:51 pm »
This Zipato solution works just fine. I use it to arm/disarm my security with the keypaq and RFID.  You have 256 code combinations. My system is Vera 3 with UI6 firmware. Inclusion was easy with the device showing up as a lock.

Offline lipster

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 01:09:24 pm »
Do you think that will work with veralite on the most current release? Did you add the device manually and not select one of the types?  Thanks for any help.

Offline lemrock

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 03:43:56 pm »
I don't know if this device will work on Veralite. I can only speak for my install (Vera 3, UI6). I did the automatic install (inclusion) and didn't have any issues.

Offline lipster

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 05:46:13 pm »
Just returned my veralite and got a vera 3.  It is now showing up as a lock but I can not figure out how to get it to lock or unlock it says ERROR: lock isnt configured.  And I have no idea about getting RFID to work.  Also how can I see the name and pins I already put in?  Any help would be great.

UPDATE: Just noticed I was on UI5. Where do I go to update to 6?  Should I move to 7?  Will all my setting/devices move over when upgraded?

UPDATE 2: Tried UI6 and did not help.  Went back to 5 and fiddled with it and got it to lock and unlock from the device but can not lock or unlock from GUI.  I get a LOCK isn't configured.  And then unable to get any information on node.

It seems like vera can not talk to it but it can talk to vera.  Can't get rfid to work either.  Here are some screen shots for the settings maybe there is something I can change.

http://s17.postimg.org/tknx4u4wf/Capture1.png
http://s17.postimg.org/qb9hydgsv/Capture3.png
http://s17.postimg.org/mdm88ytzj/Capture4.png
http://s17.postimg.org/7wyyue4i7/Capture5.png
http://s17.postimg.org/la23x09cf/Capture6.png

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:38:06 pm by lipster »

Offline lipster

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 03:35:08 pm »
Does anyone know of why this isn't working.  I wish I wasn't such a newbe.

Offline stef3569

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 01:01:46 pm »
You have 256 code combinations.

No, hopefully not. The number of combinations is 1398016. Probably you talk about combinations with only 4 digits but you can have 5,6,7,8,9 or 10 digits ! "1234321" for example is a valid combination (7 digits).
So, the total is 4^4 + 4^5 + 4^6 + 4^7 + 4^8 + 4^9 + 4^10 = 1.398.016

Offline ChuTn3Y

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 01:01:14 pm »
Somebody knows if the integration with UI7 now is easier ? inclusion automatic,?working with Tag and code ?

Thanks for your answers guys

Offline lipster

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014, 05:13:28 pm »
I finally with help from vera got the rfid to work on UI5 here is a link they gave me.  But only 1 fob can be stored in at a time.

http://www.benext.eu/static/manual/tagreader+verabox-install.pdf

Offline ranneman

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2014, 05:29:19 am »
I wonder if anyone has successfully added more than one tag to the device. I plan to order one but only if I can add multiple tags. Stef3569's method seems ok, did anyone try this to add multiple tags?
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave

Offline Ezra

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 11:12:42 am »
Hi all!

I managed to get the keypad working on my vera lite under UI7. However I don't see how I can get to have the functions "lock" and "unlock". At present, I have a working pin code that I can use with the "home" button. (With of course the possibility to incorporate this into scenes like disarming the alarm)
I'd like to have the functionality of the "away" button too, to arm the alarm. But how can I do this?

Offline citrate

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 06:58:38 am »
Hi Ezra

I didn't get the lock/unlock options either and I think that's because it's installed as a keypad, rather than a lock.  This isn't a problem though.

I setup a scene to run when the alarm was armed but it didn't appear to work which sounds like what you're getting.  To resolve this I created a watcher which runs a simple function when the "Status" variable is changed.  It then runs a scene depending on whether the alarm has been armed or disarmed.

luup.variable_watch("alarmStatusChanged", "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1", "Status", HOUSE_ALARM)
   function alarmStatusChanged()
      local alarm_status = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1", "Status", HOUSE_ALARM)   
      if (isAlarmArmed(HOUSE_ALARM)) then
         runScene(26)   
      else   
         runScene(27)   
      end
   end
   function isAlarmArmed(device)
      local status = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","Status", device)
      return (status == "1")
   end

There may be better ways but this works for me.

Offline citrate

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2015, 06:48:51 pm »
Anyone that is trying to get the notification sound to work can fire off this command:

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1", "SendData", { ["Node"] = luup.devices[DEVICE_ID_HERE].id, ["Data"] = "37 1 255" }, 1)

By default the notification will sound for 15 seconds.  This can be changed by setting Device Option 2 (type 1 Byte Dec) to the number of seconds you would like.  You can stop the sound by issuing the same action but replace 255 (ON) with 0 (OFF).

Bear in mind that this notification will only really be usful when arming the alarm (i.e. to inform the user that the alarm has been set) because you can only fire the notification sound when the device has been woken up, which only occurs when a code has been entered and is being validated, so you can't use it to inform someone returning home that the alarm needs to be unset for example.  This is the downside of battered powered devices.

Offline Ispep

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2015, 05:49:54 pm »
Hi all!

I managed to get the keypad working on my vera lite under UI7. However I don't see how I can get to have the functions "lock" and "unlock". At present, I have a working pin code that I can use with the "home" button. (With of course the possibility to incorporate this into scenes like disarming the alarm)
I'd like to have the functionality of the "away" button too, to arm the alarm. But how can I do this?

how did you do to make it work with Vera Lite in UI7 ?