Author Topic: Zipato Miny Keypad/RFiD  (Read 32961 times)

Offline tyfoon

Re: Zipato Miny Keypad/RFiD
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2016, 09:06:06 am »
Thanks for testing! With this working I can actually build an automation which keeps the status in sync!

Offline ilias

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2016, 09:10:58 am »
Glad I could help!

Offline LindsiWains

Zipato Miny Keypad/RFiD
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2016, 09:26:44 pm »
Thanks for the update.  Does it make a difference whether you enable the lockout from the virtual keypad or your physical keypad?

Offline ilias

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2016, 02:02:48 am »
No, the keypad is just a remote.

Skickat fr?n min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

Offline Mai Pensato

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2016, 04:14:22 pm »

Being battery powered, you have to press either the Home or Away buttons to wake up the device before entering a 4 digit pin code or using the fob.    I would have liked to have the option of using an external power supply instead of the 2 AA batteries so that it would be awake all the time and I could just wave the fob in front of it, the way you do with the professional RFID entry systems.     I may eventually upgrade to a proffessional rfid reader but this works and was very simple to implement.   The batteries allow it to be installed wherever it is most convenient.
I am considering to by a Zipato (or Benext) Keypad.  I read (ater doing some googling..) that someone successfully powered it by using a 5V USB adapter and a small 5V-->3,3 V adapter. You need to do some soldering but apparantly this "works like a charm" . And then you can set the device to Always on.

Anyone here experience with this ?

Offline Torsen68

« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2017, 04:30:29 am »
Anyone that is trying to get the notification sound to work can fire off this command:

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1", "SendData", { ["Node"] = luup.devices[DEVICE_ID_HERE].id, ["Data"] = "37 1 255" }, 1)

By default the notification will sound for 15 seconds.  This can be changed by setting Device Option 2 (type 1 Byte Dec) to the number of seconds you would like.  You can stop the sound by issuing the same action but replace 255 (ON) with 0 (OFF).

Bear in mind that this notification will only really be usful when arming the alarm (i.e. to inform the user that the alarm has been set) because you can only fire the notification sound when the device has been woken up, which only occurs when a code has been entered and is being validated, so you can't use it to inform someone returning home that the alarm needs to be unset for example.  This is the downside of battered powered devices.

How do I send this luup call to the device in ui 7 ?
I tried too look in the wiki no luck.
there seems to be no how to do this guide.
I also tried to ad it in a scene and wake up the keypad no luck.

Hi

My keyboard works fine with, but I would like to have a notification sound (30sec beeping) when activating the Away mode, but are not able to get it work running the above command in the developer app window (test LUUP code). I have replaced the DEVICE_ID_HERE with the device ID of the keypad. I am getting no errors when running the command.  I assume this is a one time command that enables the notification sound. Then I set the Parameter 2 to a decimal value (length of notification sound) in the Device Option tab. No sound after pressing the Away button, pin code and enter button. Have anyone got the notification sound to work with UI7 (latest rev)?

I have used the developer app window earlier to execute commands for a Zipato Siren, and I am not able to figure out what I am doing wrong this time.

Tore

Offline Torsen68

« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2017, 04:10:22 pm »
My mistake, I used the wrong ID. The command enables the notification sound, but it only last for one activation of the away key. Next time the notification sound is gone.
From what I understand my VeraPlus need to send this command to the mini keypad each time the user enables the away button, I can't figure out how to do this. I can put the command in a scene but what will be the trigger?

Offline cozmokramer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2017, 07:55:24 am »
Are there differences between RFID badges?

I received my Zipato mini-keypad yesterday, and hooked it up to my Vera (Vera Plus). The one badge that came with the keypad registers just fine.
However, I have some badges/tags ordered off ebay, as well as some tags that came with my Z-wave door lock. None of these will register via the keypad into Vera.

I was under the impression that all RFID tags/badges should be compatible.... Or am I doing something wrong?

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2017, 08:13:15 am »
There are several different types of RFID tags.  The Zipato only supports :
ISO15693, ISO18000-3, and  Tag-it

Offline cozmokramer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2017, 03:43:33 am »
Thanks. I guess I should have done better research.

Offline abpostelnicu

Zipato Miny Keypad/RFiD
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2017, 12:51:39 pm »

Being battery powered, you have to press either the Home or Away buttons to wake up the device before entering a 4 digit pin code or using the fob.    I would have liked to have the option of using an external power supply instead of the 2 AA batteries so that it would be awake all the time and I could just wave the fob in front of it, the way you do with the professional RFID entry systems.     I may eventually upgrade to a proffessional rfid reader but this works and was very simple to implement.   The batteries allow it to be installed wherever it is most convenient.
I am considering to by a Zipato (or Benext) Keypad.  I read (ater doing some googling..) that someone successfully powered it by using a 5V USB adapter and a small 5V-->3,3 V adapter. You need to do some soldering but apparantly this "works like a charm" . And then you can set the device to Always on.

Anyone here experience with this ?
Be very cautious when setting the device to always on since it will lose some of its features. This is explained in the manual.

Code: [Select]
Always awake modeThe always awake mode is used to request different values from the device e.g. version and manufacturer specific.Note: in always awake mode the batteries will be drain very fast, we do not recommend to use this mode for a longer period. Always awake mode should only be used in order to configure the device.Note: it is not possible to use the buttons of the Tag Reader while it is operating in always awake mode.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:59:28 pm by abpostelnicu »

Offline PedroDaniel

« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2017, 07:51:48 pm »
Hello all,

Is it possible to control cenes with the Zipato keypad, instead of controlling just the home and away mode?

Thanks in advance
Pedro Daniel

Offline abpostelnicu

« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2017, 09:14:32 am »
A thing that i'm interested in is to be able to start the beep of the panel when I enter the house when the mode is away or vacation, basically anything that's different than home mode when the door sensor is triggered the panel should start to beep.